Sammy AmBull DofB ?2009 Gatwick Kenns

EmmaNicole

Re: Sammy AmBull DofB ?2009 Gatwick Kenns

Post by EmmaNicole » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:18 am

I love this boy, he is just so laid back and nothing phases him. You always get the best calm welcome into his kennel and yesterday I decided to take him to the paddock and a stroll as he doesn’t like too go too far from the kennels. Sammy is a big boy but he walks so well on lead and doesn’t even try and chase squirrels or anything so walking him is just a joy and would be no bother. He sits nicely for treats, takes them so gently, listens to his human for queues and generally is just a delight. I really can’t believe he’s not been snapped up 😞 but hopefully his time will come very soon.
Attachments
0CF8519D-93E7-4766-86F6-7B664859ED65.jpeg
FC89E04E-0A20-4559-8B6F-834CBBEE4AED.jpeg

SarahW

Post by SarahW » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:38 pm

Here is a vid of Sammy having a puddle a few weeks back. He really is the easiest walk. A brilliant dog.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form

LouiseR

Post by LouiseR » Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:51 pm

Wow is Sammy a sweet boy! He's the epitome of a gentle giant and so lovely to walk.
We had a gentle stroll in the warmer weather and he trotted along very elegantly in the shade.
An absolute star! 🌟

Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:31 pm

Sammy was my last walk today and I cannot think of a better way to end my day love4.gif
He welcomed me into his kennel wonderfully, super easy to attach leads and off we went.
So I'd never really met American Bulldogs before walking at RR and I can honestly say I'm a true convert and Sammy is a perfect example of his breed.
Sammy is a strong boy but does not use his strength, he is more than happy plodding along, sometimes picking up the pace when a wee bit excited but always manageable.
We visited the stream which he absolutely loved, he literally stood just enjoying the cool water and because he had a little bit of heat rash on his legs I made sure to splash some water on him which seemed to help.
Then Sammy showed me his true self, I sat for a rest and he was so very content, just resting against me. Sammy thrives on affection, it doesn't take much, a kind word, an ear rub and a treat and this boy will put his trust in you and he has the most gorgeous slobbery chops.
On return to kennels me and Clare were discussing Sammy's perfect home, we decided he doesn't need much just a small or maybe largish sofa and loads of love ❤️

Jan Case

Post by Jan Case » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:32 pm

Sammy and I had a lovely walk today. He is a biggish boy who loves a gentle amble. He is very easy to walk, takes treats very gently, and shows a general benign interest in things around him. I don’t know if it’s just the Ambulls at RR, because I hadn’t really met any/many before I started walking here, but everyone I have met has been so gentle! Yes they are generally large dogs, but they are so friendly, and tend not to pull too much, if at all, when walking. They have large squidgy heads and big wide happy smiles. I love them, and Sammy is a typical gentle lump! bighug.gif

EmmaNicole

Post by EmmaNicole » Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:24 pm

I was so pleased to see Sammy had made it to my list today as he is one of my favs. He’s always excited to see his walker when you go to get him out but he’s a good boy and will wait patiently whilst you clip on his leads. Once out Sammy loves nothing more than a gentle amble, lots of sniffing, treats obviously and a nice fuss and cuddle. Sammy is such a gentle boy, not bothered by other dogs even if they are barking at him and is generally just an all round smashing lad. Hopefully his special peeps will find soon as he’d like a sofa too now please.
Attachments
Seriously do you really a photo!
Seriously do you really a photo!
Nope one was enough I’m looking away
Nope one was enough I’m looking away

anne

Post by anne » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:33 pm

Sammy went for a walk with Louise this morning. He ambled along as usual, clearly not impressed by the weather. It was chucking it down with rain and Louise said he kept looking at her accusingly as if to say 'who's crazy idea was it to go out walking in the rain?' When they were heading back he realised that if he walked quicker, they got back into the dry quicker. So he picked up his pace. thumbs.gif

EmmaNicole

Post by EmmaNicole » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:56 pm

I love walking this gentle giant. He always make me smile as he’s only dog who walks back to the kennels quicker. He loves his treats and a good scratch on his rump and just to have some company. He’s such a laid back boy and would just love a sofa to call his own.

EmmaNicole

Post by EmmaNicole » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:03 pm

After introducing Sammy to his new neighbour the beautiful Marie (I think he was suitably impressed) I couldn’t resist taking Sammy for a walk. Sammy is always super excited to be going out and gives you a lovely welcome into his room. For a largish lad he is such and lovely relaxing walk and all he wants to do is amble along, having a good sniff and the odd treat and a fuss. I cannot sing this amazing boy’s praises enough and hope his forever home is just around the corner.

Orla

Post by Orla » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:56 pm

I got to walk Sammy on my latest visit to the kennels. He was excited to see his walkers when we went into his room to bring him out but really easy to attach the leads and off we went. Sammy does love an amble with the occasional speed up when he feels like it lol.gif I hadn’t met an AmBull before but was really impressed with Sammy and his lovely gentle nature. He’s a happy boy who will make some lucky human very happy too 😃

Return to “Our Amazing American Bulldogs (Ambulldogrescue.co.uk)”