Roxs Ambull DofB 15.09.09 Exeter Devon

Rescue Remedies dogs that have found their forever homes
KateM17

Re: Roxs Ambull DofB 09.2009 Gatwick Kenns

Post by KateM17 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:18 pm

I met and walked Roxs for the first time today. She is a sweetheart, very gentle, happy and extremely friendly. We started off our walk with Spring and Fiona but they were a bit too quick for us, so I decided to turn back and take Roxs to the paddock where she could spend some off lead time doing what she wanted! Roxs loved her time in the paddock, but what she loved even more were the sausages in my pocket. She sat in the sun with me, whilst I stroked her and every so often she gave me her paw and in return she took a sausage ever so gently. She has a gorgeous temperament, made no noise when other dogs around her were barking, just carried on walking. How anyone can treat a dog so badly is beyond me. Roxs is safe, loved and cared for and until that special someone finds her, us volunteers will walk her to the moon and back. A very special dog in deed.

anne

Post by anne » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:04 pm

Roxs is such a wonderful girl and despite everything, she puts her total trust in people and is everyone's friend. This is a special gift that dogs give to us.
roxs1DSCF7235.jpg
We shared an amble through the woods this morning and then some cuddle time in the poet's hut. Roxs cleared me out of treats, bless her, she asks so nicely and takes them so gently it is impossible to resist her requests.
roxs2DSCF7237.jpg
roxsDSCF7241.jpg

jan&nick

Post by jan&nick » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:03 pm

got to agree with previous comments roxs is such a sweet trusting dog who gets around v well despite poor eyesight - one v sweet special doggie
P1040219.JPG

KateM17

Post by KateM17 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:14 pm

Roxs is a favourite of mine! I rocked up at Roxs place and she was happy to come out for a walk with me. We had a good 10 minute walk around the woodland walk and then it was cuddle time. Roxs and I, sat on the lawn where I made a fuss of her, she finally relaxed in the sunshine, rolled over and showed me her belly for belly rubs. She is a very gentle dog and whilst rolling around on the grass, she did sniff out the sausages that I had in my pocket, cheeky monkey! Through all of her ailments, Roxs just carries on, and I am in awe of her, she is amazing and needs a very special forever home, where she can relax and spend the rest of her days. And yes, I will be asking to walk her again next week. Love her XX

RosC

Post by RosC » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:38 pm

I was lucky enough to spend time with Roxs again today. She loves to potter and knows the poets hut very well. In / on the sofa / on your lap - she knows the routine and laps up cuddles and relaxing with you. Roxs is not in the best of health but short of being in a home she is having the best time possible and has so many admirers in all the walkers and staff who meet her. A truly lovely lady love4.gif

KarenS

Post by KarenS » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:49 pm

I had the privilege of spending time with the adorable Roxs on Friday. She is sooooo gentle for such a big lady and stood very patiently whilst her harness was put on and leads attached before we went out for a very enjoyable stroll through the woods. Roxs didn't want to go in the Poets Hut today preferring to sit on the grass in the sun instead. I had a brush with me as she absolutely adores being groomed so she was soon lying down on the grass being pampered! Roxs is just pure love - a VERY special girl indeed. k2727.gif

KateM17

Post by KateM17 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:47 pm

Roxs is a VERY special girl........She was my last walk of the day and even though she can only manage 10 minutes, to spend time with her is just a joy! Roxs and I went on a woodland walk, spent some time in the Poets hut and then off we went again....We kept to the shady areas and as the paddock was busy, we spent a bit of time in the little paddock, Roxs wasn't that interested so off we went to spend some time on the lawn!. She rolled around a bit, had belly rubs and offered up her paws for treats. Roxs is so trusting and I just love spending my time with her. Even though she cannot manage a long walk, she just oozes love and affection if you take the time to spend it with her. She loves us walkers and if I could have rolled around in the grass with her.......I would have! She knew I had sausages and offered up her paw and graciously took a reward! She is moulting a lot and loves a good groom! We went off on another slow woodland walk, but it was obviously too much for her, so I took her back to her room and we sat and had a cuddle instead and just chilled! She is an adorable girl, and gives back so much love and affection. As I have already said, a favourite of mine and I will always have the time for this gorgeous girl. X :smiley-bounce016.gi:

KateM17

Post by KateM17 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:37 pm

Yes, Roxs is a favourite of mine and I asked to walk her again today! When I got to her room, Roxs was ready and waiting, already had her harness on, so once the leads were clipped on, off we went. Roxs and I had a leisurely stroll around the grounds, she ignored all dogs and wanted to sniff everything. After her 10 minute stroll, we made our way to the lawn and had a sit down. Roxs loves rolling around in the grass, belly rubs and had a good ole stretch. We sat and watched the comings and goings of staff, walkers, dogs, cars, visitors, the odd cat and just had a very chilled time. Roxs loves sausages, and I had plenty, however she still managed to ensure I left without any! So it was lucky that all I had were just for her. Roxs offers up her paws without you having to ask for them and in return she knows she gets a treat, and I receive lots of kisses!. She is ever so loving and even the visitors that came over for a chat and watched us rolling around on the lawn could see it too! I've said it before, Roxs is special and although she can only walk a short distance, she just loves company and cuddles. So relaxing, is time spent with Roxs. I spent a good hour with Roxs today, and by the end of it, she was sitting with her bum on my lap quite happy to sit and chill in the sunshine. When I returned Roxs to her room, I left her with a nice fleecy blanket which made her bed even more comfortable than what it already is. Roxs got into her bed with another chew stick and I left the kennels happy knowing that she was content. Roxs needs a really special home and I truly hope she finds it soon, if not, she'll have to put up with me every Sunday! :smiley-bounce016.gi:

Judy

Post by Judy » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:13 pm

Well what else can I add to what has already been said about Roxs. I had the absolute pleasure of taking this beautiful girl out for a stroll this afternoon, she has just the most fantastic nature and surprisingly is so very trusting. The gorgeous Roxs will make the most perfect companion, I really do hope she finds a happy rest of her life very soon. Kiss of love.gif

anne

Post by anne » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:00 am

Our dear Roxs. love4.gif Such a special girl to spend time with. We wandered to the paddock yesterday where Roxs had a little explore and then we lay down in the sunshine and enjoyed cuddles. Roxs rolled over and enjoyed a tummy tickle. Roxs is the most calm, gentle, loving girl you could meet. We all love her to bits.
roxs2DSCF8383a.jpg
roxs1DSCF8381a.jpg

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”