Donations from Pets Corner

Visit your local Pets Corner to collect dog food donations for Rescue Remedies
gsdlover

Re: Donations from Pets Corner

Post by gsdlover » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:26 am

I have just realised that we have a Pets Corner in Heathfield. Does that mean that i can go in there and ask for out of date dog food on your behalf or is it just stores in your local area? Thanks x

Luella

Post by Luella » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:46 pm

We contacted our Pets Corner in Beaconsfield garden centre today & they couldn’t have been more helpful. Unfortunately though they have an arrangement with our local rescue centre in stokenchurch & donate food there. We were hoping to bring a boot load of food to the charity walk but not to be. However we will buy a bag of dry food & bring that. Every little helps 😕

Chapmania

Post by Chapmania » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:39 pm

I have 3 Pets Corner stores near me. Burgess Hill, Ditchling and Haywards Heath. None of the stores know anything about donating food to Rescue Remedies. They already have an arrangement with a local dog rescue and donate all their food to them.

Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:40 am

I think it's fair enough if another rescue has beaten us to it at a certain store. The one at Keston filled my boot to overflowing again last night, all with Natures diet wet food. The staff in this store are very on board with me on this and will contact me for regular pick ups, and they are all very nice. They are looking at our dogs photos and we have a few more fans of the rescue. I took them some Christmas sweets yesterday as their generosity has been amazing. It's so convenient for me as well as I work next door and just drive in on my way home :cool.gif:
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit our fb page https://www.facebook.com/groups/676797962392764/

Nurse Flo

Post by Nurse Flo » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:30 pm

The Winchester store helped the dogs at the Guildford kennels find Christmas a bit taster by donating 2 sacks of premium kibble and approximately TWO HUNDRED Nature Diet trays!

They also donated a very posh and comfy bed that Rocky RR bagged to make kennel life a bit more comfortable!

This Pets Corner support really is proving invaluable so I urge you all to please continue to ask your local stores for any surplus stock that they wish to donate to us.

Kathys

Post by Kathys » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:29 pm

The Ware and Royston branches already support local rescues. The Enfield branch doesn't and are happy to donate to RR. The manager wasn't there when I called in this morning but the assistant gave me the 4 bags she could find and I dropped them off at Broxbourne. I'll try and speak to the manager in the week as I can collect regularly on my way to the kennels at weekends.

frankie

Post by frankie » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:14 pm

Collected another donation from my local pets corner in the garden centre in Morden yesterday which included cat food and some bedding and blankets given to them from a local vet.
The staff are brilliant can't thank them enough .

Ianorgan

Post by Ianorgan » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:30 pm

Delighted that volunteers are going into individual Pets Corner stores and are being given unwanted and returned food, as well as one off items like damaged beds. Their staff couldn’t have been any nicer or more helpful. They really have been outstanding - I can’t thank them enough. Having done it personally at the Winchester store, I know they appreciate the food being picked up, often at short notice, as they need the space in their storeroom. If any store is unaware that this is happening, with Pets Corner offering this great support, do mention that the offer came from Dean Richmond, the CEO and owner of Pets Corner himself. Even if the store already supports another dog charity, they seem to be willing to share their food and include RR. Dean also personally donated to the recent urgent appeal, so we are even more grateful to him. I won’t shop anywhere else for our own RR dog, Ronnie. Thank you Pets Corner.

LindaS

Post by LindaS » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:56 pm

The Manager at Guildford Pets Corner is keen to support RR regularly and I’ll be keeping in contact. The car boot currently has a couple of bags of dry food for the lovely doggies. Thank you Pets Corner thumbs.gif

lucyloo

Post by lucyloo » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:51 am

Did anyone go to the Fleet store? I thought someone did, but I can't remember who, or what the result was.