Rhianna Staffiex DOB 2005 - 2019 South London

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
Liv500

Re: Rhianna Staffiex DOB 05 South London

Post by Liv500 »

Every day is her birthday!

I should give her an official one though. I think we'll say the 22nd August, as thats the weekend I first ever met her, and she threw up all over my car, wee'd in my house, refused to look at me all weekend, and then went repeatedly mental in the park every time she saw a football or another dog.

I'll throw her an amazing party. There will be roast chicken. Roast chicken makes Rhianna crazy. :biggrin.gif:
Liv500

Post by Liv500 »

When my Mum babysits for me, her bed gets pretty crowded.......
bed full of dogs.jpg
Ladylou

Post by Ladylou »

Lovely picture. :biggrin.gif:
Liv500

Post by Liv500 »

I took Rhianna for her jabs and annual check up.

The vet declared her to be in the best bodily condition that he had ever seen a 10 year old staffie.

He also said that she had 'spirit'. :shock:

We discussed her arthritis, and he put her on pain killers every other day. He said rather that restricting her exercise, keeping her on lead, and making her life less fun (none of these things I have been doing, as if I restrict Rhianna's walks my life becomes like a living nightmare consisting of a staffie barking right up in my face, shouting at me constantly to do something that entertains her, emptying the bins, tail spinning and then barking in my face, Tabitha being jumped on, and more barking in my face. Just a lot of barking in my face basically nagging me to be more interesting to entertain her).

So now she is having some pain killer every other day, to just keep her life as fun as possible.

He said that the pain killer might have a mild sedative effect.

No. I can categorically state that's not the case.

She is now being a total hooligan. Like the hooligan I first fostered from Rescue Remedies. I have renamed her 'Rhianna no'. The pain killers seem to have completely relieved her aches and pains.

This morning she swam out to the middle of the duck pond to get a baby doll that some kid had obviously lost. She then ran into the middle of a group of people and proceeded to tear said doll apart, sending little plastic baby limbs flying all over the common - I imagine conjuring all sorts of 'staffie mauls baby' images in our fellow dog walkers minds. Sweet. With me lamely saying, 'she doesn't know its in the shape of a baby - she just thinks its a soft toy. She's so lovely with kids (which she really is) its not what it looks like, really.'

She tore across the park last night, into the middle of a group of 'rude boys' on the common, who were hanging listening to their banging tunes and eating pizza last night. She took the pizza. Just took it. She's not bothered by large groups of 'yoofs'. Luckily they found it funny.

Her playing with Tabitha on the common has escalated into a growling snarling running round and round in a manic, slightly terrifying for everyone witnessing it type of a play. Even Tabs if she could roll her eyes probably would.

Poor old lazy Tabs was having a lovely snooze on the sofa last night, with Rhianna poking her to try and make her play. She kept doing it, till Tabs basically went mental in her face, in a non contact shouty can you back off you crazy dog, sort of way. Then Rhianna sat looking sad, because although she'd been walked for over 2 hours, she wanted to do something. I gave her a knuckle bone to gnaw on, to give poor little Tabs and me a break.

Put it this way, I had become quite confident of having her off lead near football matches in the last couple of years - this wont be happening any more. She is not to be trusted.

So, its fair to say Rhianna is feeling much better. Its really lovely to see.

I on the other hand need a valium.
MrsP

Post by MrsP »

Hahahahahahaha! Glad she's feeling so well x
MandaTK

Post by MandaTK »

Hilarious update. Those pills must contain something!!! Fabulous girl x
Ladylou

Post by Ladylou »

Sounds like she's feeling MUCH better. :dog_running-186.gif: :dog_running-186.gif:
martinaalistair

Post by martinaalistair »

Hahaha, so funny.
Liv500

Post by Liv500 »

So Rhianna and I had a serious chat and her behaviour has totally improved.

Oh no. The opposite of that.

image.jpg
marknsal

Post by marknsal »

Just great writing, you really ought to do a column in one of the dog magazines!

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”