Nathan Staffiex DOB 29.11.12 - 17.11.20

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
martinaalistair

Re: Nathan Staffiex DOB 29.11.12 Tunbridge Wells

Post by martinaalistair »

Happy New Year to you all!
New year new start - Nathan started his new dog training classes today - obedience and agility! He did extremely well all things considered (obviously there are things to work on, that's why we go there...), he did amazing sit and stay and he even did a good recall few times during off lead time with other dogs, far from 100% but there IS hope :) . He did brilliantly on Agility, seemed to enjoy the A frame and the seesaw and the tunnels and jumps - all in all it was a fab session and we can't wait for next week. The instructor seemed very pleased with Nathan and I am very proud of him! By the way he was the smallest dog in his session :shock:

Here is the handsome boy proud of himself after his first class
V__F5A0.jpg
MandaTK

Post by MandaTK »

Well done Nathan and what a handsome boy you are. Thank you so much for the update its wonderful to hear how he is progressing. He will be the star he is quick to learn. He looks so happy and healthy what more could we ask. A happy new year to you all too xx Cuddles for Nathan too :smiley-gen132.gif:
martinaalistair

First visit to the vet yesterday for Nathan's boosters. The vet was very happy with him, looking healthy and well, apparently at his ideal weight at the moment - 27kg :shock: . Nathan has had a bit of a cold and with it a very mild eye infection which we have eye drops for... Oh the joy of trying to administer eye drops!!!
Took Nathan to what I thought was a nature reserve we haven't been to yet, lovely woods, though I thought the paths looked rather unused and the woods dense and deserted (we did not see anyone for about an hour!) for nature reserve. We got lost and could not find way out when we came across two man digging in the woods. Turns out we were on the wrong side of the road and therefore trespassing on private property and the owner and his friend were carrying out archaeological digs. Anyhow the owner of the woods has a staffie too, thought Nathan was rather handsome and gave us his permission to use his private woods for walks from now on, lucky us :D :D :D
Felinedion

Post by Felinedion »

Great to hear these updates on Nathan and also how well he is doing in obedience classes. :D We are taking Shadow to classes too, but they don't include agility. That will be yet to come. I'm sure Nathan will become one of these super obedient dogs because of all the input you are doing. Its great how much you work with him. I am so glad it is all working out and Nathan is there to stay. :biggrin.gif:
martinaalistair

Nathan continues to thrive, we love him to bits. He is mostly a very good boy, with occasional cheeky incidents (he tried to steal a rugby ball from two guys at the park yesterday, they were very good natured about it). Need to keep an eye out on his weight as he could eat for England. No training class this week and next, but it's not like he needs it really, he so KNOWS what we want him to do, he just chooses not to at times, cheeky monkey. He loves his new bed, looks very cute in it. And he loves the new bubble machine :D

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sgvhu42zw2ers ... 2.mp4?dl=0
still loves cuddles on the sofa
still loves cuddles on the sofa
loving his new bed
loving his new bed
Julieh

Post by Julieh »

He looks soon happy :biggrin.gif: bless him
martinaalistair

Just a quick update to say Nathan is doing great, he had a fabulous training class today, his recall was 100% :biggrin.gif: Soooo proud of him.
He is also getting much better at assessing if dogs want to play or not and accepting if they don't want to.

He was a bit poorly with his tummy and been on antibiotics this week, but is feeling much better. According to our Oliver Nathan is the "bestest dog in the whole wide world" and we definitely concur. He completes our family.
MandaTK

Post by MandaTK »

Well done Nathan with your recall. Hope his tummy is better now. Wonderful update Martina. I think that Nathan would say you are the bestest family in the whole wide world too!!! xxx :smiley-gen132.gif:
gsdlover

Post by gsdlover »

As always, I love the updates with Nathan.....he's looking so content and happy with you. X
katz

Post by katz »

So proud of you and Nathan Martina, we knew he had it in him, he just needed the right family to come along, hope you are having fun, it sounds like Nathan is maturing in your loving care x

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”