Princess Staffie x DofB 2008 12th August 2021

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
xxlynne

Princess Staffie x DofB 2008 12th August 2021

Post by xxlynne »

princess1DSCF9033a.jpg
13.08.21: Sadly, in the last week she became unwell and it was diagnosed that she had developed a mass on her spleen that was causing her bloods and vital signs to diminish. Unable to stand and control her herself we had to make the heart-breaking decision to let her go. The veterinary care she received in her last few days was gentle and kind and everything she deserved.

Princess we love you and will miss you terribly. Take care wherever you are. Peter & Karen XXXXX
Princess (2).jpg
Princess' Thread below:
Current Status: Homed
Princess's Story: Princess was rescued from a rough situation by her owner: He had another Staffie and worked hard to get them to accept each other. He has recently lost his home and is living in one room and can not carry 2 dogs, with great reluctance has had to give Princess up into our care. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving her life. Princess is neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Princess was in boarding kennels near Gatwick and now in foster in Reigate as a only dog whilst awaiting her new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
princess2DSCF9098.jpg
princess3DSCF9038.jpg
princess4DSCF9044a.jpg
princess5DSCF9079a.jpg
princess6DSCF9068.jpg
Princess's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: Vet Nurse was calling around on owners behalf to find a Rescue place for Princess; no one would help she could not believe it when we said yes.

Princess came into our care on the 3rd September 2019
anne

Re: Princess Staffie x DofB 2008 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

What a beauty! here she is making friend with Louise.
princess7DSCF9029.jpg
princess8DSCF9041.jpg
princess9DSCF9049.jpg
princess10DSCF9059.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

Princess is amazing. Such a sweet and loving girl. She just plodded along on our walk this morning, taking her own sweet time. We went to the paddock where we had a lot of fun playing with a tennis ball. Absolutely love this girl.
princess11DSCF9084a.jpg
princess12DSCF9090.jpg
princess13DSCF9103.jpg
Jojokate

Post by Jojokate »

Heart fill with love.gif] oh wow look at you sweet girl. Hope it’s not long for you. Too old to be in kennels x
JamesShears

Post by JamesShears »

Such a kind a beautiful old girl. I loved spending some time with Princess on Saturday. She's so loving and gentle, willing to follow or lead ahead but never pulls. She would make a great addition to any home.

20190907_144219-02.jpeg

20190907_143546-01.jpeg
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

Last walk of the day with Princess. She walks beautifully on the lead. No pulling, just mooching along. We went to the paddock and the first thing I heard was 'pop'. Princess had found the new football brought in kindly by Chris. It had lasted about 3 hours in the paddock and Princess had turned it from a ball into a flat 0002.gif] She then enjoyed throwing it around!

Princess is a special older lady. She is so kind and gentle. She makes friends with you straight away. Her and Hugo saw each other through the bars of the paddock. It was only after about 10 seconds of looking at each other that Princess decided to tell Hugo to sod off as it was her time in the paddock! 0002.gif]

She is such a lovely calm energy to be around. Would make someone a loyal, loving companion. Adorabull!!!!

Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
Orla

Post by Orla »

Lara and I walked the lovely Princess today. She’s got a really calm energy and was super chilled coming out of her kennel inspite of other dogs around her being quite vocal. She’s gorgeous to walk with and has such a happy smiley face she really makes your heart melt. I hope she won’t be with us too long as she deserves lots of love and a comfy sofa of her own :goodluck.gif:
dymphnae

Re: Princess Staffie x DofB 2008 Guildford Kenns

Post by dymphnae »

What a princess! She's an easy peasy girl who gives great cuddles and just needs a comfy sofa to call her own.
dymphnae

Post by dymphnae »

Another lovely walk with Princess today. We walked with Apollo, who is a lively, friendly terrier boy. She's great with him, keeping her distance but always checking to make sure he was with us. Very sweet. She's less sure about some of the larger bouncy dogs we encountered but this is more nerves than any aggression. She's very cuddly back in kennels, and it must be so bewildering at her age. Let's hope the home she deserves comes along soon.
LindaS

Post by LindaS »

A first walking Princess and we went for a shorter walk. Outside the kennels she put her front paws up for cuddles close whilst I sat on the wall and gave me a good sniff over, we then went to the island. As we came to the bridge a spaniel and owner were walking towards us, Princess focused on me with a treat and once they passed we carried on walking. Princess enjoys taking in the smells and the sights. When the cows started to move towards us I 'persuaded' her to go back (she would have happily stayed still) as I wanted us to have some distance. Very easy girl who would simply wish for a nice warm sofa (with human(s)), garden and shortish walks.
Princess.jpg

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”