Roxs Ambull DofB 15.09.09 - 18.12.20

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
xxlynne

Roxs Ambull DofB 15.09.09 - 18.12.20

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
roxs1DSCF5534.jpg
Roxs' Story: Roxs was seized from her home as a cruelty case and arrived 20 kilos skin and bone. She has challenged joints and is on a high level of pain management. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving her life. Roxs is neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated and on pain killers for her osteoarthritis. Roxs was in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting her new family.

Roxs was seized as a severely neglected dog, weighing only 20 Kilos with every ribs prominent and her organs challenged through starvation. She is arrived in December 2018 and since has lost one eye and recovered health but may lose her other eye if it deteriorates further. She has a wonderful temperament and arrived in Rescue 10th June 2019 at a weight of 29 kilos on pain killers to ensure she is comfortable

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
roxs2DSCF5529.jpg
roxs3DSCF5526.jpg
roxs4DSCF5524.jpg
Roxs's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: 26.05.19: Hi Lynne,

I hope you are having a busy rehoming weekend. I don't know if you would be able to help or consider taking on this girlie. She is not a straight forward one and I have never spoken to you about end of life homes etc, so not sure of your position.

She was a starvation case. Recently she had to have her eye removed and unfortunately the prognosis after histopathology is not good, and there is a high likelihood of the other eye going too. She also walks with spine and hind leg changes arthritic / spondylosis type and is on gabapentin / tramadol for this.

She is a happy girl, great with other dogs and people. She does have an old grump side if you do something like cut her claws, take her blood test etc, showing her teeth, but she wears a muzzle quite happily when necessary for this. I would for this reason not have her living with children. She has had a hard time of things and therefore I thought I would mention her to you. I don’t think it would be the wrong thing to put her to sleep if the right place was not there for her, but at the same time as she has never had lots of happiness I kind of feel maybe she would be deserving of a few months.

Let me know you thoughts.

She is fully vaccinated, now spayed, microchipped and I could send her with a few months of her drugs.

Kind regards Vx
SarahW

Re: Roxs Ambull DofB 09.2009 Gatwick Kenns

Post by SarahW »

Aww Roxs there is lots of love at RR just waiting for you. x
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

Oh Roxs welcome to RR darling. Xxxx
anne

Post by anne »

Roxs is wonderful inside and out. She is such a happy, friendly girl, which, given what she has gone through and her health problems, is amazing. Every so often you meet a very special dog and Rox's is one of those dogs. As soon as she was out of the van she wanted to make friends with everyone. She clearly adored her friend who brought her in, you could see it in her eyes. We gave her a shiny, new matching harness, collar and lead and looking very smart indeed she was happy to potter off for a walk with me. Short walks are what she needs with plenty of time to sniff and explore, which she did with enthusiasm and a big smile on her beautiful face. But more than walks, Rox's needs and deserves lots of cuddles. Love you Roxs and so will everyone else in our RR family who has the privilege to meet you.
roxs5DSCF5536.jpg
SM&JA

Post by SM&JA »

Ahhh welcome lovely. I hope there is a lovely home for you just around the corner Heart fill with love.gif]
EmmaNicole

Post by EmmaNicole »

Oh be still my heart. Welcome to a turn will never want for live or treats again 😍😍😘
anne

Post by anne »

Roxs is such a happy soul, all she wants is some company. Roxs wears her beautiful smile all the time you are with her. She is very, very special.
roxs1DSCF5864.jpg
roxs2DSCF5859.jpg
rox3DSCF5861.jpg
EmmaNicole

Post by EmmaNicole »

So every now and again there are days when I feel truly humbled and embarrassed to be a human and today was one of those days, and the reason for this, Roxs. I had the honour today of taking this beautiful girl for an amble round the woods and paddock. This girl is truly the sweetest, gentlest soul I have met yet how she has stayed so kind and trusting of humans when all we have done is used, abused, starved and abandoned her I don’t know. Roxs had never met me but welcomed me into her kennel and was so pleased to see me after a couple of pieces of sausage we were quickly harnessed and on our way. Thanks to the previous abuse Roxs has endured many of her joints are deformed and therefore she is never going to be the quickest dog or be able to walk overly far. However this doesn’t stop her enjoying being out and about and she loved a good sniff.
255DE342-6C31-4F83-A152-231D32392ACD.jpeg
909DE15D-DEC6-4833-972E-D898DDEA80E4.jpeg
8CEF0F0A-0A3D-4CC9-BF83-CE7E0981AEED.jpeg
We took a nice slow amble to the poets hut so she could have a rest and some cuddles which she thoroughly enjoyed and on the way back we stopped off in the paddock so Roxs could potter about unhindered by a lead. This girl is just so amazing and deserves a very special 5* home for her retirement. Roxs does have some lumps and bumps to go with her joint issues and she will need understanding humans who will give Roxs all the care she needs and deserves. In return though I can guarantee you will be showered with love and affection from wonderful girl.
KarenS

Post by KarenS »

I had the privilege of two "heart melting" sessions with Roxs today and what a special girl, in fact, no words can describe how truly beautiful she is. Our first session was a short walk through the woods and then plenty of cuddles back at "her place"! Later on I went back to groom her. We started off with a short time in the paddock and she surprised me by how she quickly scrambled up on to the second step of the platform and then back down again. She didn't want to stay long in the paddock but back in her kennel she adored being brushed and fussed over. She ended up lying on her back in her bed with her paws up wanting her tummy rubbed and I was more than happy to oblige - almost sending her to sleep! You are truly exceptional Roxs k2727.gif
xxlynne

Re: Roxs Ambull DofB 09.2009 Farnborough Hants Foster

Post by xxlynne »

Roxs attracted Lisa and her family together with Baxter their Jug.
RoxsReserved1.JPG
RoxsReserved2.JPG
RoxsReserved3.JPG
RoxsReserved5.JPG
RoxsReserved6.JPG
RoxsReserved8.JPG
Roxs has gone home for a foster stay to give her time and the care she so deserves k2727.gif

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”