Hamish Staffie DofB ?2010 - 24.05.19

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
xxlynne

Hamish Staffie DofB ?2010 - 24.05.19

Post by xxlynne »

DSCF0439.jpghamish.jpg
Sadly Hamish died today follow a tragic accident with a window left a jar with no previous interest shown and a sudden rush to go through ..... Halle is devastated and all our heart-felt love goes to her at this sad sad time.....
Flower70.jpg
Hamish's Thread below:
Current Status: Homed Hamish's Story: Hamish was found stray/abandoned and unclaimed within a council pound. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Hamish is now neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Hamish was in boarding kennels near Guildford whilst awaiting his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
DSCF0445.jpghamish.jpg
Hamish's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:
23.12.18: Urgent plea to take some dogs in as pound is full We agreed to take 3 dogs in.
"Hamish is a Staffie boy entire guessing 7-8 yrs old. He is well mannered knows basic commands sit, paw etc. He is a little up and down towards other dogs so would be better assessed outside kennel environment." Xx C
Hamish1.jpg
Hamish.jpg
Anakondaxx

Re: Hamish Staffie DofB ?2010 Guildford Kenns

Post by Anakondaxx »

Today I walked Hamish the first time.
Love this doggo from the first sigh! Very calm energy around here. He is a bit shy, but maybe better to say polite.
He greeted me waging his tail, no jumping, Just walking around me happy. Easy harnesing and walking too. Walking with me together, no pulling.
He used to be as a lap dog, just guessing haha. Always tries to get in my lap :))))).
Love his floppy ears!
When I tried to take a pic, when told he sits in his bed only, don't like wet and cold pavement.
Camera shy doggo too.
Overall, a very cute dog. Ready and waiting for forever home.
anne

Re: Hamish Staffie DofB ?2010 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

Hamish is a little bundle of Staffie delight. He is small and friendly and fun. As soon as I entered his kennel I was greeted with cuddles. He is a tiny bit nervous but then he is in new surroundings, meeting new people. He walks easily on the lead and is very responsive.
pits

Post by pits »

Here's happy Hamish yesterday, he was so incredibly easy to walk - when I walked slower he would walk slower to match my pace and pretty much didn't pull at all - watch the video clip on this post showing me deliberately walking very slowly and him matching my pace perfectly! He also gives a lot of eye contact as if he's checking on how you are. He is also very compact, cute and affectionate.
h1.jpg
h2.jpg
h3.jpg
h4.jpg

Jojo18

Post by Jojo18 »

Hamish is small, sweet and lovely, He has a little boy lost look about him.
He gets excited on his walks so tells the world
"Im out " but does settle with time and reassurance .He's walked alongside many kennel friends and doesn't waver or pull towards them just accepts that they are by his side .
He loves to sit on a bench and watch the walkers getting a sneaky cuddle in before he has to return.
He walks happily past cyclists , joggers and other pedestrians an easy boy who loves human company.
GeorgieT

Post by GeorgieT »

I took Hamish out for a little trek around the canal this morning as my first solo walk.

I wasn’t sure what to expect (other than lots of chatter!) but he was such a delightfully adorable little gremlin that I was actually a bit sad to bring him back to the kennels!

He was very talkative for the first 10 mins or so but once we were off the canal path and on our own he settled down and didn’t bark for the rest of the walk. I’m not sure if this was because he suddenly realised he was alone with a new person, had successfully told me all about his day and was out of small talk, or if I out-talked him! I think he’s genuinely just super excited to get out and about and see the world.

He passed several dogs and walkers with no issue at all.

He’s such an active and engaged dog and super responsive, particularly if you tell him to ‘wait’. He’ll pause and heel walk with you down steep bits and stairs and is great waiting to cross the road.

He’s always having a quick check over his shoulder to check that you’re still there and that everything is ok. He seems like a real people ‘person’ and in need of affection and reassurance and I think he’d really come into his own in his forever home.

I didn’t manage to grab any good photos as he’s not one for posing for the camera - it’s a real shame though as he’s got the most loveable face with his little gremlin-y ears and great-White-shark-underbelly bit under his chin.

I really hope anyone reading this who is thinking of adopting a dog will consider Hamish as he really is such a joyful dog who loves and needs human companionship. Until his forever person comes along though I can already see him being one of my favourites and am already looking forward to more adventures with him!
GeorgieT

Post by GeorgieT »

I took Handsome Hammy out again this morning - which I was secretly delighted about as he’s such a little bundle of joy!

We went on quite a long one, up through the woods to the Shalford road then down to the bridge and back along the canal path.

He seemed a lot more relaxed with me today. He had his usual chatter coming out of the kennels and a bit of a noisy chinwag with Fifi who was just ahead of us, but once we headed off on our own he quietened down completely and only gave little woofs off excitement when he was getting a treat. We were passed by a couple of runners, a cyclist and some RR and non-RR dogs and he didn’t bat an eyelid and walked most of the way happily on a loose lead. I even got a couple of big slobbery kisses and a cuddle at one point.

When we returned to the kennels I stopped by my car to get more treats and he leapt into the front seat, settled himself down and just looked at me to say ‘ooooh where are we going!’ I think he really wants a day out, bless him!
637619AE-A2F0-4FE0-9B78-64E3AF660655.jpeg
I managed to grab a photo today of him looking very gorgeous indeed...
Beth Crawley

Post by Beth Crawley »

I walked Hamish today and what a lovely chap he is. He was excited but very easy to harness and walk out of the kennel. We had a really lovely walk in the sunshine. Hamish enjoyed lots of exploring and we had a couple of short runs which he loved. He was keen to get going but not at all strong. He walked happily with our walking buddy and was not reactive to passing dogs, walkers, runners and cyclists.
Hamish really is a super little Staffie with lots of love to give.
Hamish 2.jpg
GeorgieT

Post by GeorgieT »

Just wanted to post (yet another!) little Hammy update as myself and my partner had an absolutely brilliant time with him on Friday!

We took him on a two hour jaunt around Shalford and Bramley then back along the Wey canal and then for a little play in the paddock. He never seems to run out of energy or enthusiasm!

He was his usual talkative self coming out of the kennel but then totally quietened down after only a few minutes and didn’t utter another peep, other than small woofs if we were a bit slow getting the treats out!

He met several dogs with no issue and doesn’t blink an eyelid about other walkers or cyclists.

He’s such a lovely (and loving) little chap and I am more than a little in love with him. Rather guttingly he seems to be a bit more besotted with my partner than me!
6C66C2CD-E548-4153-8425-63B006ACED3E.jpeg
B9ACBD6B-F254-4845-B189-0081F12CA296.jpeg
D375223F-53C2-43D0-9965-B24DE4ED7A09.jpeg
8763683E-44D7-4712-8F93-36099FBE418B.jpeg
Martine wsstle

Post by Martine wsstle »

My first solo walk today and i got to share it with hamish what a character he greeted me well with his gruff chit chat and very pleased to see me what a darlin. Off we went so good coming out of kennels ignored all the other dogs .good crossing the road he sat when asked and waited . He decided time to chat again which was very entertaing but once on the path up to field head down and sniffs away we passed two other members on walk and he was unduly concerned about the other dogs had a sit and cuddles by lake such a lot of love to come out of this dog he wants to be with humans. As he had walked so well we diid an little extra link from to the river on way back which wss a good idea as we meet anothrr dog walker again he was good we waited to one side no barking calm makes you wonder who was looking after who.back kennel big big cuddles and was very reluctant to leave him hes a good little guy with a big heart and a lot to give.his chatting i found infectious and funny hes a very hansome dog thanks hamish cant wsit to walk you again Heart fill with love.gif] Heart fill with love.gif]

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”