Smokey 2000 - 24.9.18

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
MrsP

Smokey 2000 - 24.9.18

Post by MrsP »

smokey1.jpg
We lost our special Smokey Bear today and are beyond bereft. Run free, my sweetest, most special, special boy. You brought us so much joy and enriched our lives beyond imagination. It was beyond a privilege to have you in our lives ... thank you for loving us, and we love you to the moon and back, forever. My special boy, always in my heart ... always xxxxx Nicky & David and Harry
Smokey.jpg
Smokey's thread:
For those of you that don't know Smokey's story I'll tell you, he arrived at Guildford kennels almost completely hairless, covered in scabs, thoroughly neglected and had just given up on life. Nicky couldn't watch that poor old boy (much older than anyone realised to begin with) go into a cold winter kennel, so along with her hubby David and darling staffie boy Harry they took him in. He blossomed into an absolute legend and one of the best looking dogs in Surrey (he's the placeholder on the StaffieRescue tab on the RescueRemedies website). So it's true 18 is quite an age for a dog but it's never enough, especially when it's a dog like Smokey, my heart has broken for Nicky, D & Harry today but I'm so glad they found him, I'll let the pictures say the rest.....run free Smokey you wonderous cuddle enforcer xxxx

smokey2.jpg
Smokey3.jpg
smokey4.jpg
smokey5.jpg
smokey7.jpg
Smokey6.jpg
smokey8.jpg
mandyandmike

Re: Smokey 2000 - 24.9.18

Post by mandyandmike »

So sad and so so sorry to hear this sad news about Smokey. As Laura said he was a RR legend and it was a privilege and real honour to meet him on a few social occasions. Really feel for you Nicky, David and of course Harry, you did a truly wonderful thing rescuing him and giving him a new life, he was a stunning amazing boy. Run free at the bridge now sweet boy. xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Oh Nicky, I’m so soooo sorry, sending you, David and Harry all my love xxx
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

Oh I am so sad to read this, my heart goes out to you Nicky, along with David and Harry. What can we say to ease the pain, it's so hard, but you know we all know that feeling and are there with you. I did meet Smokey, he was such a lovely dog. Our dogs can't live forever, and it's so hard to watch them go, but boy, Smokey gave you his best. Love and hugs Nicky xxxx
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

Run free over rainbow bridge Smokey .... [cry.gif] angel13.gif]
MandaTK

Post by MandaTK »

Its so difficult to type through tears. Having met the more than special Smokey many many times he was the cuddliest most amazing staffie boy who oozed love. A legend indeed. You instantly fell in love with him. He was adored by all.. My heart is breaking for you Nicky David and dear loving Harry. Xxxxxxxxx [cry.gif]
Debbie(tarakisha)

Post by Debbie(tarakisha) »

Sleep peacefully Smokey angel13.gif] much love to Nicky, David and Harry xxx
nada.c

Post by nada.c »

Nicky, so sorry about Smokey [cry.gif]

Thank you for giving him a loving home and a happy life xxxx
Jojokate

Post by Jojokate »

Oh Nicky and family and I’m so so sorry . This is such hard news to take in. You loved him and he loved you. You gave him a happy life with you. Run free handsome Smokey xxx
JenG

Post by JenG »

So very sad to read this - Smokey was such a special boy, to know him was to love him.
Sending love to Nicky, David and Harry xxxxx Run free gorgeous boy xxxxxx

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”