Nina Olde Tyme Bulldog x DOB 2007 - 2018

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
Rescue Remedies

Nina Olde Tyme Bulldog x DOB 2007 - 2018

Post by Rescue Remedies »

I'm sorry to report that Nina dipped suddenly in health and we took her to the vet as she was not herself and struggling to stand.

I had to carry her to the car and into the vets She was weak but initially the vet suspected some arthritis or musculature issues..
she'd been walking and playing ball games the previous evening with the family

she was weak and kept in as she was a little anaemic.... then after a few hours we got the call. her scan showed bleeding masses through her abdomem which had also spread to chest .... she was struggling to breathe due to fluid and we'd got her there soon enough that most of this had been managed but she was weakening and we too weak for surgery which would have been very invasive

We went to see her ... all of us it was late... she had really bonded with my boys.

we did get to say goodbye and to thank her for her loving us. as I am sure some of you understand it was heart breaking.

she was as close to perfect as any dog ever. playful and calm in perfect balance.

my nephew is autistic. he has some different ways of sensing the world and nina was loving and gentle...obviously we were overseeing but she made us proud again and again

Nina also helped by fostering an ambull pup monty... for a little while ... so she did more than we ever expected

a true example of the joy and love a rescue like nina can bring to your family

we will never forget her love and mothering of all of us

Our Nina
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bteka- ... p=drivesdk

Nina.jpg

Nina's Thread below:

Apr 17, 2013 10:39 pm
Homing Requirements: Nina is a powerful and well meaning dog and we are looking for a family who can manage her on the lead as she pulls on a short lead. She is easier on an extender lead when she can absorb the slack and she relaxes away from road walking ... she is just keen! Nina deserves a family with dog experience to ensure her gifts and skills are appreciated. She can over exert herself and has passed out briefly 2x momentarily feinting and she is soon back, just over exertion we feel. She meets dogs well but we are happier for her to be an only dog, again so she isn't put in an insecure or challenging position.

Video: Nina and Bryce

Her Story: Nina was taken in by a Welsh pound and went to a rescue who had never met an Olde Tyme Bulldog and were out of their depth. We agreed to take her on as we had just homed one and knew the breed. Nina is neutered, chipped and vax'd.

Advert: Nina means Godmother in Spanish and beautiful eyes in Hebrew. In Rescue Remedies ... Wonder Woman! She loves people and would be great around older children who were respectful but she needs a strong responsible adult outside as she is determined in her pace and fast. Nina needs a partnership comrade relationship to connect her in and steer her toward the park or field where she relaxes. Avoid her over exciting or exerting herself. She travels well in a car.

Nina is a big bulldog, an Old Tyme Bulldog. She is true to breed; muscular, all scrunched up in a 'foldy skinny' kinda way. Soft in nature and silky- soft velvet fur in coat. Nina is a fabulous dog who is a WOW and just needs experienced hands.: May suit the car to the park kind of life style to avoid strong street walks. You can't deny her keenness and enthusiasm when she is moving away from her kennel!

Interested in homing Nina? Please click to complete our on-line homing questionnaire to match a suitable dog with your lifestyle.

Please note that this dog is currently in boarding kennels and is also available for foster until a 'forever' home is found.

Please visit Nina's thread on our forum to find out if she is still available and for fuller details. For daily updates Click our forum link and you will find the full range of dogs available for homing. Nina is on http://www.rescueremedies.co.uk

***PLEASE NOTE: We are a rescue finding dogs their forever homes. We usually ask for a minimum donation of £150 at the time of adoption, for each dog, to help us continue helping homeless dogs***
ImageImage
ImageImage

See Nina's Thread Below: Watch her progress through our Rescue
Referral Details: We were asked to help save a dog from a Welsh pound and we choose Nina who has been in Pound then Rescue Kennels since November with a brief break in foster waiting for her home. She is only being spayed tomorrow as she has had multi false pregnancies.
Breed - Olde Tyme Bulldog x Sex - Female Age - TBC Dog Friendly - Yes Cat Friendly - No People Friendly - Yes Child Friendly - Yes House Trained - Yes Spayed - Booked 18/4/13 Travel - Loves to go in the car

Nina
comes to us on Friday 23rd April
Rescue Remedies_3

Re: Nina Olde Tyme Bulldog x DOB 2010 Northolt

Post by Rescue Remedies_3 »

Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 by xxlynne

Enter Nina WELCOME SWEET LOVE
She was so happy to be in the paddock and met a Jack Russell well through the wire, and shrunk back when another JRT entered the neighbouring paddock and gave her what for Image
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 by Luisa

Intimidated by a JRT haha ..beautiful photos, they capture her so well, a stunning chunky girl she is Just Gorgeous!
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 by SarahK

Met Nina today, big big sweetie-pie...

Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 by xxlynne

Here Nina with Charlie after a 'workout' i.e. Nina's first walk which was at a pace initially then she settled. Mixed with the other dogs on the walk really well. Poor Nina has a cold at the moment but happy to be with us and we are so happy she is with us tooooo

Is this my best side?
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 by SarahK

Nina was excited to be out and about in the sunshine :)

She enjoyed her walk with Tim, a new walker...

And here's the big girl with itsy bitsy Beth (walked by Tim's wife Rachel)...

A good time had by all !
:) :) :)
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Sat May 04, 2013 by montyjack

This girl is bloomin gorgeous, what cuddles you could have with her on the sofa
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Fri May 10, 2013 by xxlynne

This is Nina having just come out of the water having had a wallow

She loves her walks and we are trying to move her to Godstone so she can enjoy more but that will depend on homings.
ImageImage

ImageImage

Here is Nina sandwiched between Tyler and Biggles she was walking shoulder to shoulder with one so we decided 3 is company!

With Tyler

With Biggles and Tyler
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Sun May 12, 2013 by thr62

Had the pleasure of walking Nina again today - she was in an investigative mood today and insisted on sniffing every tree we walked past :)

We also met a couple of Sunday walkers out with their dogs which she completely ignored I think she was more interested in catching a few sun rays.
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Sun May 12, 2013 by hoonercat

I've been dying to walk Nina so grabbed my chance today as she assured me that she could manage two walks in one
Boy is this girl strong, pulls like a train at first but give her the freedom of
an extender lead and she walks much better. She was great with Tia and was happy to stop now and then for a cuddle. Also insisted on going under the stiles on the bridge which was a bit of a squeeze to say the least
No pics as my camera was being temperamental today, gives me an excuse to walk her next time though

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”