Posted: 14 Jun 2009 08:10 pm by xxlynne

Buster looks relaxed at last...that smile will come

Rescue Remedies Statistics
Registered Charity No.1139407
Rescue Remedies_2

Re: Buster 'Red Fell Terrier' 18.11.01 Oxon

Post by Rescue Remedies_2 »

Posted: 15 Jun 2009 12:39 pm by janmar

I have now had the pleasure of Buster's company for a week and he is proving to be a gem of a dog.
Buster is a well mannered dog. he sits to have his lead put on. He sits nicely when you put his food down for him and will only touch it when given the word, and he is house-trained. He loves his walks but is equally happy to potter around the house with me. When I’m in the office or watching TV he will lie on his pad and either doze or play happily by himself with a toy. He is an independent little chap in this respect but he also very affectionate, but not needy.
He has no aggression – you can take a toy out of his mouth whilst he is playing with it and he'll just look up at you as if to say –“can I have it back when you’re done with it?” He appears to have no anxieties. This week he has had to deal with many new people and he is not frightened or anxious by these new introductions - be they men or women. Instead he greets everyone with a wag of the tail (he doesn’t jump up at people), accepts a little bit of fuss and then trots back to his pad or whatever he was doing. He loves the car – and will jump in if you open the door even if you’re just unloading something – and travels well. He has only met one other dog in this week – a lovely golden retriever called Amber who is also recently from a rescue. They got on very well and whilst we humans gossiped for about 20 mins Buster and Amber just lay down next to each other – perfectly calm and content.
Buster has dealt really well with all the stimulation of being on a farm. He has no real interest in the sheep (although we have been careful that he has seen them only in a calm state. I suspect if he saw them running he may get a bit over-excited); he has had squirrels and rabbits and other wild life to contend with and he is pretty relaxed with them (ie he will give out a yap and run towards them – but as they disappear he loses interest). There is a BUT though. Buster has a fixation with our feathered friends. I don’t mean blackbirds and sparrows as these fly off - but chickens. He could not be homed where there are chickens.
Because Buster has settled and relaxed so well I am going to take him to London later this week so we can see how he reacts to traffic; walking on a short lead and meeting many other dogs on the park. I will send an update about that.
In the meantime I cannot recommend this little fella highly enough. He is an absolute cutey and is so good around the house. He is the complete package, the real deal. I know someone out there is going to be lucky enough to give him a forever home – and he will not disappoint.
:D
Rescue Remedies_2

Posted: 18 Jun 2009 02:15 pm by janmar

Buster has arrived in London and had his first excursion to the park.
He wasn't at all spooked by the traffic (we have to cross a very busy main road to get to the park) - buses; cars; motorbikes; cyclists - all absolutely fine.
On the park he met about 10 dogs and was great with all of them - he got compliments from the other dog owners on his social skills (several of whom had heard of Rescue Remedies !!). There was one dog who got a bit possessive about his frisby and growled at Buster, so Buster just backed off. He's such a good dog.
On the way back we passed the local primary school and lots of kids were around. Several came towards us to admire Buster, who was very good - didn't jump up or do anything to startle them at all.
This little cutey-pie is ticking all the boxes. Laughing Laughing
Rescue Remedies_2

Posted: 26 Jun 2009 07:17 am by xxlynne

Buster has 2 strong leads interested in him. We will be homechecking the first early next week.

Rescue Remedies_2

Posted: 02 Jul 2009 10:24 pm by xxlynne

Janet home checked Caroline with Orla her Irish Terrier. Buster gave the smile and Orla the wink. All were happy and Buster stayed over last night and again tonight. Tomorrow Janet is going back to Lincoln whilst Caroline has prearranged plans. If all is well Buster will revisit on the 8th.

Rescue Remedies_2

Posted: 03 Jul 2009 02:14 pm by janmar

Buster was all anticipation and excitement at the prospect of visiting his potential new home. Laughing We packed his overnight bag and off he went, tail awagging (and ne'er a backward glance!) to join his new friend Orla the Irish Terrier. Initially everything was fine, but Orla found sharing with another dog a bit too much and she started to get a bit jealousy-custards, then territorial, and then a touch snarly. Bearing in mind Buster's background (of having been "ganged up" on by other house fellow dogs) and Orla's nervousness (she too is a rescue) it was decided that in the interests of both dogs we had better end the trial. So, sadly I picked up Buster this morning and drove him back to Lincolnshire for the weekend. He seemed a little crestfallen Sad - as if he thought he had failed in some way; but when we got home I gave him lots of cuddles and reminded him that he's a great little fella and that it wasn't at all his fault. He's already back to his old self :D and the quest to find the lucky people who can offer this cheeky chappy a forever home continues. New piccies of Buster coming soooooooon. Tune in tomorrow to see them. x
Rescue Remedies_2

Posted: 03 Jul 2009 02:14 pm by janmar

Today is another glorious day and Buster has been helping in the garden. Here are some piccies to show you what he's been up to. I've done them as thumbnails as there are several. Just click on them to see enlarged photo:-
Click to see full size image

ImageClick to see full size image

Image Click to see full size image

Image Click to see full size image

Rescue Remedies_2

Posted: 04 Jul 2009 08:19 pm by xxlynne

Buster looks a different dog. Content; beautiful fur and Mr Wonderful. Will appeal to any Irish Terrier Fans!

Rescue Remedies_2

Posted: 05 Jul 2009 07:33 pm by Kay1794

hiya,
just wondering whether he is still available? Smile

also I'm afraid it has been a long day and I have probably just been stupid and missed where it says it, but how old is he?
Rescue Remedies_2

Posted: 05 Jul 2009 08:03 pm by janmar

Yes, Buster is still waiting for someone to give him his forever home.
He's a very loveable and adaptable dog.
He is 7 years old - but doesn't act his age! He loves playing with his toys and in fact looks very puppyish the way he plays. You get the best of both worlds with Buster. He's still lively and energetic but is calm, particularly in the house, and is very happy just lying on his pad next to you whilst you watch TV; work etc.

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”