Fudge Staffie x DofB 05.08.13 - 25.07.19

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
xxlynne

Fudge Staffie x DofB 05.08.13 - 25.07.19

Post by xxlynne »

Fudge78.JPG
David and Tony let us know today that Fudge lost his battle with lymphoma this morning...........
Fudge.jpg
Fudge's Thread below:
Current Status: Homed
Fudge's Story : Found stray/abandoned & unclaimed within a council pound: Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Fudge is neutered; chipped & fully vaccinated. Another dog bit his paws in the pound doing extensive damage. Fudge came to us for recovery and to prep him for his new family. At the moment Fudge is settling with other dogs in the kennels but reactive outside; he still has the memory of his paws

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters for at least 4 months until sure of their dogs instincts & skills, most of our dogs will need to be retained always on a lead, so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
Fudge62.JPG
Fudge63.JPG
Fudge53.JPG
Fudge's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. 8.03.17 8pm: Good evening Lynne. Lovely to see how well the three (Marcus, Maizie and Chey) you very kindly took for me are doing with yourself and your fab team.

I have been asked to try and help this badly injured 3 year old boy.Arrived at the pound with severely injured paws. These have been operated on tonight but he desperately needs a rescue to take him so he can recuperate. Dog warden was going to put to sleep but has given him a chance if rescue can take him. He's neutered already.

Please let me know if you can help. I understand if you are full still.

NB Just to give you heads up. He's being taken to the vets in the morning for put to sleep if he doesn't find somewhere.

I know you cant work miracles every time Lynne- just giving him the best chance he has.

10pm Hes been in pound a month. hes been very stressed and has somehow managed to injure his paws either himself or with another dog through bars they aren't sure which it was.

I've just misread info. so sorry. They have neutered him and stitched up his paws yesterday but have said due to no interest and his injuries that on welfare grounds they would put him to sleep.

Thank you xxC
frankie

Re: Fudge Staffie x DofB 05.08.13 Yorkshire pound comes 10th

Post by frankie »

Thank you Lynne what a sad story so glad he'a safe now.
JenG

Re: Fudge Staffie x DofB 05.08.13 Yorkshire pound comes 10th

Post by JenG »

Thank you Lynne - this boy has been doing the round on various Facebook posts. So wonderful of you to help him xxx
Sarahk

Re: Fudge Staffie x DofB 05.08.13 Oxted W/E Foster

Post by Sarahk »

Fudge has come to stay with me for a long weekend, here he is resting, bless...
IMG_5275.JPG
I met him at our vets who took a look at his vet history and at his legs/paws, one bandage still on, the other off ! We've kept the right leg free as I'll be keeping an eye on him 24-7 and have a buster collar to use when I need to. Mark will see him again on Monday/Tuesday to take the bandage off and review healing progress on his left front leg with the bandage removed.

Fudge travelled very well on the short journey from the vets to mine this lunch time, enjoyed checking out the garden (and relieving himself following his long journey south today), he's enjoyed some lunch as he needs feeding up and had a few good long drinks of water thumbs.gif Signs are he's housetrianed thumbs.gif
I got some kisses as he sat in the passenger seat before we set off and since we've been home and he loves a belly rub just like they all do ! Lovely boy, life's on the up young man, we promise love4.gif

He's ready for his rest, I'm sure he'll unwind more and more over the weekend :crossfingers.gif:
Lovely boy x
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Sarahk

Re: Fudge Staffie x DofB 05.08.13 Midlands pound comes 10th

Post by Sarahk »

Making himself at home - relaxed I'd say !!!
IMG_5277.JPG
MandaTK

Re: Fudge Staffie x DofB 05.08.13 Oxted W/E Foster

Post by MandaTK »

Thank goodness RR saved this lovely boy. Equally thank goodness he is with SarahK, as always Sarah thank you in heaps you will give this little boy a good taste of love. Hugs please he looks a gorgeous boy xxx love4.gif
Sarahk

Re: Fudge Staffie x DofB 05.08.13 Oxted W/e Fostering

Post by Sarahk »

Hugs delivered, Fudge loves hugs :smiley-gen132.gif:

He's a gorgeous loving boy, he's enjoyed some zzzz's today and I feel he has a lot of them to catch up on ! He's been good and left his unbandaged paw alone (the pads have stitches in underneath) and not touched the bandage on the other front leg either thumbs.gif
Bless him, he's quite sore from his recent neutering too, he so deserves some rest and relaxation with a good bundle of tlc thrown in, you're in the right place Fudge xxx
He blunders around with the bandaged leg, quite oblivious to it, i keep telling him to be careful !

Fudge loves being close to me but not in a clingy way, just a 'I've missed people and I love them' kind of way love4.gif

Fudge coming to investigate me working this afternoon...
IMG_5278.JPG
And sitting close to me on the floor !!!...
IMG_5279.JPG
Resting again...
I've popped a sock over his bandage, he's been good as gold with it
I've popped a sock over his bandage, he's been good as gold with it
Fudge loves lying upside down !
Fudge loves lying upside down !
On the sofa with me now love4.gif
IMG_5282.JPG
IMG_5283.JPG
IMG_5284.JPG
Kiss of love.gif
Last edited by Sarahk on Thu 09 Mar 2017 21:15, edited 1 time in total.
sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

Thank you for looking after Fudge .... :thanks.gif: lovely looking boy love4.gif love4.gif
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

I also saw a plea on a Facebook group for a rescue place. It was quite a relief to see a further post saying that he was safe. Little did I know that Lynne had stepped in to offer Fudge safety :thanks.gif:

0093.gif Sarah. Huge :thanks.gif: for having Fudge to stay. Poor little boy but he is in safe hands now and I know that Sarah will give Fudge all the love and care that he needs. :welcome.gif: to the family Fudge love4.gif xx
Sarahk

Re: Fudge Staffie x DofB 05.08.13 Oxted W/E Fostering

Post by Sarahk »

Fudge upside down again !
IMG_5286.JPG

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”