Budds Staffie DofB ?06.2011 - 1st Sept 2021

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
Rachellm

Re: Budds Staffie DofB ?06.2011 Rustington foster

Post by Rachellm »

Weekly update for Budds! He has continued to go to work with Steve this week, have to say we don't think it's his favourite place to be but he puts up with it, he is a real cuddle bum and would rather be tucked up on a sofa with someone than in the office watching Steve in the workshop, but for his own safety he has to be in there rather than the workshop...on the positive side though he is getting at least 2-3 walks when he is there and his bone or kong to amuse him, as well as a lovely soft bed, I think he would agree it's a better option than kennels.
He is very happy when he is at home though, he is incredibly loving and distributes his time equally amongst us all so we all get some Budds love love4.gif
He is easy to walk as he is such a dinky little boy, he does pull a bit sometimes but because he is so small you hardly feel it. He still barks at some dogs but we have noticed now it seems to mainly be if the dog barks at him then he retaliates and gets a bit bulshy...We think he has little man syndrome hehe!
He does not bark at home unless he thinks he hears something when he's out in the garden at night :icon_barking_dog-116.gif: he is a very quiet placid dog in the home, rarely whines and only very occasionally do we hear any staffie chatter. He is not food or toy possessive although sometimes if you try and take something from him he thinks it's a game of chase :dog_running-186.gif: 0028.gif
Budds is a gorgeous loving boy love4.gif

IMG_0262.JPG

Weekend treat managed to get on the bed whilst someone was showering this morning!!
Weekend treat managed to get on the bed whilst someone was showering this morning!!

IMG_0260.JPG

IMG_0259.JPG

IMG_0258.JPG

Taking in the spring atmosphere on a bench
Taking in the spring atmosphere on a bench

Not another photo!
Not another photo!

Still loves to roll on his back!
Still loves to roll on his back!

Relaxing after a sunny morning walk
Relaxing after a sunny morning walk
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

love4.gif
Rachellm

Post by Rachellm »

Busy week for Budds, I have been on leave from work and so he has been able to stay at home too which he has loved! We have had a really hectic weekend as it was our daughters 18th birthday, lots of visitors to the house, all of whom Budds has been amazing with and given them a lovely :welcome.gif: with generous kisses and cuddles. They all think he is adorable love4.gif we were out for 4 hours Saturday evening and Budds was a very good boy, I was a little apprehensive as we haven't left him on his own after dark before, but we needn't have worried he was absolutely fine thumbs.gif
We are making progress with other dogs, he met my mums dog Louis when we were out walking the other day and walked really well alongside him, we walked for quite a while and after initially being quite tense Budds did relax and seemed to enjoy the company :goodjob.gif: . He was told off by Louis a couple of times because Budds tried to mount him when they got close, but Budds did not react to this which we were really pleased with!
He loves the beach, he was so funny the other day, we were walking along the sand and he stepped into a deep rock pool.....he just stopped and looked back at us with one paw in the air as if to say what do I do now?! Water is definitely not his favourite thing! He loved the freedom of the extender lead though which we managed to use when the tide was out and no dogs in the vicinity.
Budds is a pleasure to have stay love4.gif

IMG_0337.JPG

IMG_0336.JPG

IMG_0335.JPG

IMG_0334.JPG

IMG_0333.JPG

IMG_0332.JPG
sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

Wonderful photos and update :nicethread.gif: 0093.gif :goodjob.gif: love4.gif
Rachellm

Post by Rachellm »

Rachellm

Post by Rachellm »

Just wanted to show how good Budds is walking with Louis my mums dog, it has taken some very careful introductions and he needs to be apart when standing still but when walking as you can see he is doing great and made fabulous progress! :smiley-bounce016.gi:
Last edited by Rachellm on Sat 29 Apr 2017 14:20, edited 1 time in total.
Rachellm

Post by Rachellm »

Rachellm

Post by Rachellm »

Well Budds has had some lovely walks this week....and runs! Our daughters boyfriend is now staying with us and loves to run as you can see from the videos (these were more of a sprint mind you!) Budds is absolutely up to the challenge, although you can't really see on the video he had a real staffy grin on his face! :dog_running-186.gif: 0028.gif Jordan has also been working with Steve and he and Budds jogged the 3 miles home yesterday....he slept well last night as you can imagine!

He had another walk with my mums dog again today and really wasn't phased by him at all even when we stood still, they had a sniff of each other face to face and Budds didn't react, so more progress from last week, we are very proud of him :goodjob.gif: love4.gif He has also learnt to sit for his dinner, waits to cross the road when you tell him and takes his treats more gently thumbs.gif

Budds is still quite vigilant when walking, particularly if it's getting dark. He really isn't keen on cats (or foxes) and wants to chase as soon as he sees one! But he was less reactive to the ducks in the park we took him to with Louis today than he was last week which was great. We try not to get too close to other dogs he hasn't been introduced to as he can try to lunge and sometimes barks at them so we are trying to distract him to stop this.

He loves to cuddle up with his humans and is very calm and placid in the home even when guests arrive, he isn't so keen on going to work though and would prefer to snuggle up at home, but it's too long to leave him as we both work full time. He is very good at home when we have left him for a few hours and doesn't chew anything he isn't supposed to he just curls up on a pillow and goes to sleep. He really is a lovely boy, love4.gif love4.gif

You don't mind if I stretch out here do you after my long run!
You don't mind if I stretch out here do you after my long run!

IMG_0374.JPG

I love a nice cushion ....
I love a nice cushion ....

IMG_0372.JPG
Rachellm

Post by Rachellm »

Few more pictures of Budds and a video of him running round the garden which he loves to do :dog_running-186.gif: 0028.gif
He is a loving cuddly dog as you can see but also loves a good cushion love4.gif
We were away last weekend so he stayed at home with our daughter and was a very good boy as always.
He loves his walks although remains vigilant when he is out and if he spots a cat....well let's just say if he was off lead you would not see him for dust! He definitely couldn't live with a cat we feel!
His reaction to other dogs varies, he has continued to walk alongside my mums dog and is more relaxed with him now. If another dog tries to come near he will sometimes bark (particularly large ones) and tell them off if they are too near.
However at home he is completely different and a really chilled doggy Heart fill with love.gif]

IMG_0380.JPG

IMG_0381.JPG

IMG_0382.JPG

IMG_0383.JPG

IMG_0384.JPG
Rachellm

Post by Rachellm »

Budds had a nice walk into the village this morning and had lots of admirers stopping to talk to him. Everyone is always so shocked to hear he has not found his forever home as he is so calm and friendly with all ages!
He absolutely loves to travel in the car and is so disappointed when we go out for a walk and he isn't going in the car to get there, again very calm and sits beautifully until we get to our destination. We leave him at home on occasion for up to 4 hours and he doesn't cause any damage or bark, he is also completely house trained.
He still needs support when meeting dogs and wants to try and chase anything small and furry or birds but obviously the lead is there to stop him! He also loves to play and can occasionally get a little Staffie 'mouthy' in his excitement but is easily stopped.
He goes to work with Steve a couple of days a week and is a good boy but really doesn't like it as it is a factory unit and doesn't have the warmth he loves, if I am working in the area I pick him up in the afternoon and he spends a few hours at home on his own which he is fine with as he gets another car ride and the house usually has lots of sunny spots by the afternoon which he adores!
Budds is a lovely boy and really deserves his forever home! love4.gif

IMG_0389.JPG

IMG_0390.JPG

IMG_0391.JPG

IMG_0392.JPG

Cushions carefully arranged by Budds to make a bed!
Cushions carefully arranged by Budds to make a bed!

IMG_0394.JPG

Are you taking those pesky photos again?!
Are you taking those pesky photos again?!

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”