Billy Staffie DofB 01.01.10 - 22nd August 21

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
Julieh

Re: Billy Staffie DofB 01.01.10 Maybush S'hampton

Post by Julieh »

Had rather a panic today , I pulled the stair gate to and when I turned around Billy had disappeared .i shouted his name and he slowly walked downstairs. :shock: I'm so ashamed that I didn't shut the gate properly , and have been worried sick all day that I could have jeopardised not only his recovery but worse !
I've kept him in his crate all day to make sure he's rested and he seems fine in himself , when I take him in the garden you can feel he wants to run and I have to keep hold of the lead . He's obviously feeling better in himself and doesn't understand why he's not allowed in the furniture or upstairs or why he can't run around.... I wish I could explain to him how lucky he is to be able to walk let alone run, and this won't be forever as long as he rests for the next few weeks ( well 8 before he's allowed off lead for five minutes , but I won't tell him that ) xx
Julieh

Post by Julieh »

Had rather a panic today , I pulled the stair gate to and when I turned around Billy had disappeared .i shouted his name and he slowly walked downstairs. :shock: I'm so ashamed that I didn't shut the gate properly , and have been worried sick all day that I could have jeopardised not only his recovery but worse !
I've kept him in his crate all day to make sure he's rested and he seems fine in himself , when I take him in the garden you can feel he wants to run and I have to keep hold of the lead . He's obviously feeling better in himself and doesn't understand why he's not allowed in the furniture or upstairs or why he can't run around.... I wish I could explain to him how lucky he is to be able to walk let alone run, and this won't be forever as long as he rests for the next few weeks ( well 8 before he's allowed off lead for five minutes , but I won't tell him that ) xx
sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

Bless his heart ...i. not far from you if you need a dog ramp ...i bought it for my old dog and its in the loft xx
sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

How is Billy doing love4.gif
Julieh

Post by Julieh »

He is doing really well thank you. He seems to be getting stronger and when we take him in the garden on his harness he tries to run and we have to be so careful . I hate leaving him in the crate when we go out or are in bed as he's not been used to this , but I know it's for his own good and not forever
Another five weeks and he can go off lead in the garden for five minutes. I'll upload some pics tomorrow.
Thank you so much for your offer of a ramp , at the moment we're ok but will let you know if this changes . If you're not that far away and are ever passing you're very welcome to pop in and see him xxx
sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

I will take you up on that offer ...so pleased billy is doing well ... :goodjob.gif: love4.gif blob6.gif]
Julieh

Post by Julieh »

Look forward to it, Billy and TriXie love visitors. thumbs.gif
I'm back to work Monday but any weekend I'm here and I'll be off for a week at the end of May xx
jacnmrb

Post by jacnmrb »

Just wondering how Billy's doing?
Julieh

Post by Julieh »

Billy us doing really well in terms of his injury , he's walking really well and in a week and a half he can have five minutes off lead in the garden blob6.gif] we can't wait .
He has become a little introverted and nervous at times as if he has reverted to the scared little man that arrived nearly five months ago. It's heartbreaking. Yesterday for no reason that we could see he wouldn't go in the garden and froze every time we tried, falling to the floor as if to make himself small. We kept trying as he hadn't pooed all day and we knew he would need to ,and it was about 3 in the afternoon before he seemed to perk up. We wonder what could have happened to make him so scared and it's awfup to see . Other times he's back to being Billy.
We're hoping it's all the changes , ie not allowed upstairs with us or on the furniture or going in the garden on the lead. We love him to bits and cuddle him lots telling him everythingo is okay.
If anyone has any tips on how to help when he's like this we'd love to hear . I'll try and post some pics this week. Xx
jacnmrb

Post by jacnmrb »

Thank you for the update on Billy; what a brave boy. So pleased to read that he will be allowed 5 minutes off lead soon; that's great news thumbs.gif
Please give him a big cuddle and kiss from us xx

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”