Huxley (Jaffa) Staffie DOB 2010? - 02.11.18

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
Chrissy M

Re: Huxley (Jaffa) Staffie DOB 2010? Ripe, Lewes East Sussex

Post by Chrissy M »

Well what an amazing transformation, lovely sunset photo ! Thank you once again for giving Huxley a new life and dealing carefully with his transition to a proper home, he was in a terrible emotional state when he arrived and it warms my heart to see pictures of this very special boy....XX
charlienelle

Post by charlienelle »

8GTpbUh.jpg
Yvesboz

Post by Yvesboz »

Great picture(s).
Thank you so much for the updates.
Huxley is the perfect gentleman, a true testament to Staffies!!
We love walking the kennel dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
RenskeMc

Post by RenskeMc »

What a lovely boy; we are local Brighton folks who just recently rescued Milo Staff X so hope to see you around! We want to try Flyball so if you come across any good local classes, let us know!
0028.gif
Chrissy M

Post by Chrissy M »

Lovely black n white classy photo of the boy... :0) we loves ya Huxley !
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

Loving the pic of Huxley, he is looking ready to head off to a ska gig, so stylish a proper rudeboy!
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
Chris86

Post by Chris86 »

Oh Huxley, what a superstar you've become woo.gif] Great to read how he's getting on :thanks.gif:
charlienelle

Post by charlienelle »

Sofa cuddles
Chrissy M

Post by Chrissy M »

Ah lovely , I added some words and tweeted your photo of Huxley, it got quite a few re tweets :0)
Sunset and Huxley
Sunset and Huxley
charlienelle

Post by charlienelle »

A short update on Huxley...

Things are continuing to go well. Still working on getting house training completely under control, still having messes at night but we are working this one out slowly but surely. He's settled into country life well. We do think he's a city dog as big fields and woodland seemed to phase him a bit at first but he's getting more comfortable with it all. He does seem to be a little more 'in his element' when we go to Brighton or Lewes as he plods along the pavement saying hello to other dogs. He copes well with being left in the car for short periods while I go to the shops(obviously only in the evenings or on cool/rainy days!) and tends to sit in the drivers seat watching the world go by (see picture) or settles down in the back for a snooze. He remains a very farty dog, which we are trying different foods (we would prefer not to have to buy the super expensive premium dry food). He's also a complete lick-ninja! He goes for any patch of uncovered skin he can reach, we have been trying to train him out of it but I think it's probably a character trait that is here to stay! He continues to be a little mountaineer, he loves to jump up on the arm of the sofa when I come home so he can say hello to my face, and he likes to traverse the back of the sofa in order to look out of the window or just get from A to B! We feel that he's finally getting up to weight. He wasn't putting much weight on for a while, we think it was probably due to his acute anxiety when he first came to us, he'd always be on edge and nervously shivering, which has got to burn a lot of calories and be exhausting!) but now that he's more secure in his home he seems to finally be getting some padding on him and his ribs and spine are not anywhere near as visible.

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”