Huxley (Jaffa) Staffie DOB 2010? - 02.11.18

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
xxlynne

Huxley (Jaffa) Staffie DOB 2010? - 02.11.18

Post by xxlynne »

Jaffa80.jpg
Unknown.jpeg
Huxley passed away earlier today. He recently was diagnosed and treated for heart issues but sadly deteriorated dramatically over the last few days.

He has enjoyed life more than ever these last few months since our move to Wales, making the most of having more freedom, a bigger garden and amazing walks in the Brecon Beacons. Thanks for everyone who gave Huxley love and support before we adopted him.

You will be missed greatly Huxleypig.

You were a very good dog xxxx [cry.gif]

Huxley's thread below:
Current Status: Homed
Jaffa needs a supportive family to offer time and tolerance to allow their new dog to settle. NB Our Rescue asks owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters, as dog law changes place dog's lives at greater risk.

Known background: Jaffa was found stray/abandoned & unclaimed within a council pound. We stepped forwards to offer a Rescue place and save Jaffa's life. Jaffa is now neutered; will be chipped and under go vaccination.

Visit Jaffa's thread for daily updates, lots of pictures and videos. Please click to submit Online Application We will match you with a dog that suits your lifestyle, please remain open we successfully home 350 dogs per annum. We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes.

***PLEASE HELP: We have to ask for suggested min. donation £175 at the time of adoption, to support so many dogs in kennels. We have no state sponsorship and exist on the goodwill of the public and our supporters. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life.
Jaffa69.jpg
Jaffa44.jpg
Jaffa's Thread below: Watch progress through our Rescue
Original Referral: Phoebe out of time so really urgent Can you take this one in there as well. "Male entire about 5-6. Nice chap." He wont be reclaimed and equally at risk
Jaffa.jpg
Jaffa4.jpg
Jaffa1.jpg
Jaffa5.jpg
We pushed the boat out for Jaffa because...we needed to and love him already
xxlynne

Re: Jaffa Staffie DOB 2010? Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Dear Jaffa there to break our hearts...he is scared, and emotionally 'lost'. Meeting him at the pound he was trembling and cowering as though the he had been pulled out of his kennel for punishment. He 'meowed' to me throughout the journey. After stopping at our vets he stayed in the car whilst I loaded out and loaded in. He was more settled when we started our journey again meeting the new dog through the front grid as he had with the last one just gentle acknowledgement. He had 20 minutes in the paddock in Godstone I had to change his collar which was far too loose and broken. He was left to explore and I had the thought whether with it becoming dark would I have problems getting him back on a collar and then lead. He was zoned out not acknowledging my calls, and neither noticing my approach just going about his business. I put his new collar and our disc on, gave him more time then caught up with him and gently clipped the lead on and led him out. He was frightened to get in the car so I lifted him out (as I had into the crate from the pound) . Jaffa was all over the show given the scope of the passenger seat be it secured to the seat. He ended up walking across my back and sitting between me and the drivers door. I stopped the car and moved him back into the passenger seat. His mind was just untuned and lost.

Reaching the kennels he happily got out of the car with encouragement and happily walked through the kennel block with dogs barking on both sides no problem then met the kennel staff by wagging his tails, sitting down and shrinking his shoulders right the way down. Sweet dreams little lost boy, safe now.
staffylevi

Post by staffylevi »

Lost no more Jaffa. Hang your head no more little fella your journey is just beginning... Kiss of love.gif
Doin' it for the staffies ...
ChrisE

Post by ChrisE »

No need to be scared anymore Jaffa......you will be cared for and loved from now on. Sending you lots of bighug.gif bighug.gif bighug.gif bighug.gif bighug.gif
bizlate

Post by bizlate »

Happy Christmas precious boy, welcome to safety and love! xx
Chris86

Post by Chris86 »

After reading about Jaffa late last night and seeing he'd gone to Gatwick, I really wanted to go meet him. Kennels were closing earlier today so I had a bit of a rush to get there in this lovely Christmas weather, totally worth it!

I managed to spend around 40 minutes with Jaffa in his kennel, I didn't want to take him out just for a short walk and get him completely soaked. Just talking to him through the kennel door he was very withdrawn at first, shoulders slumped low down to the floor as Lynne said previously. No response to treats or voice until he showed a little interest in some cheese, from there he started to open up more and was giving me some eye contact.

Having got his attention I joined him in his kennel. With a little bit of caution (being a new dog to me) I let him come to me in his own time, which was instantly :biggrin.gif: He seemed very keen on the cheese I'd just given him and within a few minutes was rolling over and exposing his belly for me, from then on it seemed I had his trust. He was happy for me to sit down and give him some tlc. Eventually affectionate in return, very thorough kisses Kiss of love.gif Happy to have his head, ears, neck, shoulders, belly and legs touched though the belly rubs did seem to be his favourite :D We had a little play with a tennis ball, he has some silky smooth football skills! He was fine with me tucking him up in his bed and sitting with him while he just chewed on the tennis ball, you could see how much more he'd relaxed.

He did still present some anxiety, which is obviously understandable. He'd go into an occasional spell of shaking and whining, then shut down if I stood up or got too far away. A bit nervy as to what my phone was when I took it out to check the time.

So glad I met Jaffa today, I can see he has a lot of love to give and he'll get all the love back and more. He just needs some time to settle and realise that he's in safe hands now and hopefully we'll see him flourish in the care of RR.

You're safe now Jaffa, onwards and upwards for you! bighug.gif :smiley-gen132.gif:
CoraMc

Post by CoraMc »

Great minds, Chris, I also popped over to say a hello and welcome to this lovely boy. He was very very scaredy but I think (hope...pray...) will open up, as Chris said, in time and with love and patience. We'll not know what this little boy has been through but I think he'll settle with love and care. Dear sweet boy, safe and loved now.
Chris86

Post by Chris86 »

Oh Jaffa you're such a sweet, sweet boy bighug.gif

Having both met him on Thursday, Cora and I went to say hello to this lovely boy. Safe to say I think we're both smitten with him :D He definitely didn't seem as shut down today, talking to him from outside of his kennel he responded to us and the treats we had for him a lot quicker, even if he does take them with his tongue like a cow :lol: You could see some nervousness in him but he seemed settled with our presence in his kennel, going between us for affection (and treats of course!). We took it slow not knowing what he's been through previously but he was fine with Cora putting the harness on him, no reaction to it all. Leads on and very eagerly off he went with Cora for a new adventure :smiley-chores002.gif:
Charlie

Post by Charlie »

P1060517 (445x640).jpg
Lovely to meet Jaffa today & find him much happier :biggrin.gif:
P1060541 (572x640).jpg
He was very pleased to see the familiar faces of Chris & Cora
P1060511 (480x640).jpg
It is great to see him start to relax :smiley-love029.gif:
P1060521 (536x640).jpg
& he was keen to join the others for a walk
P1060551 (480x640).jpg
I am looking forward to seeing him leave his past behind...
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

My heart goes out to poor little Jaffa. Thank goodness he is safe and has been welcomed into the family by all at Gatwick kennels. Thank you for making him feel welcome. I look forward to seeing updates of Jaffa blossoming and gaining in confidence around people who love him. He seems such a lost little soul at the moment but how quickly things can change bighug.gif xx

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”