Bow Staffie x DOB 03.2007 - 25.01.2019

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
Rescue Remedies

Bow Staffie x DOB 03.2007 - 25.01.2019

Post by Rescue Remedies »

Hi everyone. It is with a heavy heart I write his post. Quite a few people will know and remember my lovely girl Bow, who was my failed foster from RR I ended up adopting about 4 years ago.
She was nearly 12 and had been showing her age recently, sadly on Friday afternoon she suffered a bleed on the brain and lost control of her body completely. We rushed her to the vets, where they tried giving her anti inflammatory drugs to take any brain swelling down, however Bow didn’t respond and she started to retain fluid in her lungs. We had to do the kindest thing and let her go, so she didn’t suffer.
I just want to thank Rescue Remedies as without you guys doing what you do I would never have found this beautiful girl. She was indeed my best friend, funny, gorgeous and so much more than “just a dog” and we are completely devastated. She bought so much joy to my life and taught me that even the most broken dog is capable of so much more.
I know many of the volunteers had a soft spot for my girl, so thought it only right to let you know.
❤️. Erin
Bow.jpg
Bow's Thread below
Originally posted Thu Mar 14, 2013 by xxlynne
Current Status Homed
Homing Requirements: Bow needs stability as an only dog or with another playful dog. She needs introduction to life again where the focus this time is her needs not exploitation. She would cherish a secure garden.

Her Story: Bow is a Cockney girl found within the sound of Bow Bells! Found abandoned still with milk, she has had many litters. She has a few recent marks on her head and we suspect she lived in a multi-dog household and had a fight concerning her puppies and was thrown out. Pound Staff really loved her and asked us if we would do them and her a huge favour and take her if they spayed her and delivered her which we did. Bow is neutered, chipped and vax'd. Currently in foster in Godstone as an only dog.

Advert: Bow is an ex-Glamour girl with her make-up still intact! She adores dogs and is very playful but does tone it down if it doesn't suit the other dogs. She seems to revel in the feel of grass as though she has only ever been used to hard surfaces...so if you are standing still Bow will be rolling on her back in delight. Bow has a welcoming personality and seems so delighted to meet everyone and every dog. She is a Bow Wow!

Bow is a StaffieX and red with white accessories! Bow is 6 years old but oh so young. She has an amazing smile and an almost clown face which comes through from her Staffie parentage. She is happy to mix with people and dogs although unsure she soon trusts. You just feel her life is ready to take off as a family dog who will learn quickly and settle in when offered affection and a caring home.

Interested in homing Bow? Please click to complete our on-line homing questionnaire to match a suitable dog with your lifestyle.

Please note that this dog is currently in boarding kennels and is also available for foster until a 'forever' home is found.

Please visit Bow's thread on our forum to find out if she is still available and for fuller details. For daily updates Click our forum link and you will find the full range of dogs available for homing. Bow is featured on http://www.rescueremedies.co.uk

***PLEASE NOTE: We are a rescue finding dogs their forever homes. We usually ask for a minimum donation of £175 at the time of adoption, for each dog, to help us continue helping homeless dogs***
ImageImageImage

See Bow's Thread Below: Watch her progress through our Rescue
Referral Details: Bow was found by the dog warden she had had many litters and looks like she has recently been in a fight but is good with dogs and very good with people. The kennel staff had a very special bond with her and wanted her to come into a safe Rescue. She was spayed 2 days ago and vaccinated

Reticent in her current setting but then she has just arrived.
ImageImage

This shows her abuse with litter after litter
ImageImage

These show her shyness and how quickly she comes around with Jerome
ImageImageImage
Rescue Remedies

Re: Bow Staffie x DOB 03.2007 Godstone Foster

The lovely Bow, probably the happiest dog you could ever wish to meet and such a fantastic nature.

Rescue Remedies

Bow was so excited to go out for her walk today and met Prancer very nicely and they were soon very close buddies.

NB: The key with walking Bow is keep moving if you stop she is down on her back with all 4 legs in the air having a ball!

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Rescue Remedies

Bow really enjoyed the cool stream today...

And then she enjoyed lots of attention sat in the shade of the tree...

Lovely to see her so relaxed and smiling :)
Rescue Remedies

Bow has moved into temp foster with Lucie this evening

ImageImage
mod1

Post by mod1 »

Posted by: LucieXcX on Tue May 07, 2013 1:10 pm

So darling Bow came to me last night on temp foster. So I thought I'd tell all I've found out about her!

She is SUPER house trained!! We have had absolutely NO house accidents what so ever which is fantastic for a dog that has been kenneled for a month or two.

She only comes onto the furniture on invitation, and once she's up she cant believe her luck!

In the house she is non-destructive, doesn't chew or find her own toys (my socks dont count!!). She is very gentle and affectionate, and is happiest laying next to you with her head on your lap snoring.

She slept all night in my room without a peep, other than the odd snore, must have been dreaming!

Outside she has a lot of energy. She seems perfect for a family with a secure garden, I reckon she could play for hours on end with out getting tired, but the second she gets back in the house she does konk out! Very strong on a lead, but does respond, so I will try and work on this.

All in all so far so gorgeous. Cant believe noone is snapping her up, she should have a queue!!!

Just a cat test left ..... fingers crossed!
1.JPG
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
mod1

Post by mod1 »

Posted by SarahK on Fri May 24, 2013 7:41 pm:

Bow is such a cuddle monster, stands on her back legs and hugs you round your waist with her front legs
She is also a water baby
Loves a paddle and chases the bubbles in the water, usually the ones she makes with her paws as she's paddling !! Lovely to watch, she has so much fun !!!
5.jpg
6.jpg
mod1

Post by mod1 »

Posted by thr62 on Sun May 26, 2013 7:53 pm:

Even though I've met Bow before never had the pleasure of walking her until today :biggrin.gif:

She certainly likes her cuddles and especially her tummy tickled

She was an absolute sweetie to walk and I can't wait to meet up with Bow again very soon
7.JPG
8.JPG
9.JPG
mod1

Post by mod1 »

Posted by SarahK on Fri May 31, 2013 9:00 pm:

I've developed a real soft spot for the beautiful Bow :smiley-love029.gif:

She enjoyed a lovely walk with girlfriend Harriet and boyfriends Tyler and Hartley, they were all so very very good and all got along just fine :smiley-gen132.gif:

She so deserves some home comforts, fingers crossed for her home coming along soon!
With Tyler
With Tyler
Splashing with Hartley
Splashing with Hartley
Chatting with Harriet
Chatting with Harriet
mod1

Post by mod1 »

Posted by SarahK on Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:09 pm:

Bow and I had a top time on our walk this morning :biggrin.gif:

Bow does love her walks and can get a bit excited at the start so today we found something that she loved and meant she exerted some of her energy as soon as we got out the kennels, I say 'she loved' 'cos it was a run and I'm no runner !!!! We ran to the end of the lane and back, not far but far enough for me (ok, I'm rubbish we had a couple of rest stops too !!!), anyway, it worked a treat, we had a lovely walk after that and enjoyed some down time for a roll and snuggle !!!

Some pictures of the lovely girl...
Cuddles
Cuddles
rolls
rolls
15.jpg
Love my time with beautiful Bow
Love my time with beautiful Bow

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”