Wagner Staffie DOB 2006? - 2018

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
Rescue Remedies

Wagner Staffie DOB 2006? - 2018

Post by Rescue Remedies »

Sadly Wagner has passed on leaving Libby, Robert and their darling Staffie Allie
Wagner.jpg
Wagner's thread below:
Originally posted Sat Jan 25 ?14 by xxlynne
Homing Requirements: Wagner needs a family around him who will offer him an active lifestyle and stability. He would enjoy his own garden or a secure area for off-lead activity. Wagner's owners need to watch his weight to keep him trim. He would be a first time dog owner's very cherished dog. Wagner would live happily with children providing they are respectful of his space and needs.

His Story: Wagner was found abandoned/stray and was unclaimed. He ran out of time but didn’t run out of luck, as we came forward and offered him a rescue place. And we are so pleased we did. Wagner is neutered, chipped and fully vax'd. He is currently fostered in Horsham, West Sussex as an only pet.

Advert: Wagner, like the famous composer, is emotionally romantic and displays his joy and calm to suit the mood. Wagner is an easy Staffie who is everyone's friend. He meets dogs with an upbeat tempo and could happily live with another or be a 'one and only'. Wagner may become an off-lead Staffie once his new owner is assured of fluency with other dogs. While he is tested with other dogs, owners should make sure he can give other dogs and families their space, as well as maintaining good recall on command.

Wagner is an 8-ish year old Staffie. He is white with blue-brindle patches. He arrived in rescue already neutered and overweight. He shows so much excitement being out on walks and is a pleasure both in the house and outside. Wagner is your typical Staffie with his little noises and comments on all. He sings to you and comments in the car. We love him!

Interested in homing Wagner?
Please click to complete our online homing questionnaire so we can match you with a dog that suits your lifestyle.

Please visit Wagner's thread on our forum to find out if he is still available. For full details and daily updates on all our dogs available for homing, click our forum link. Wagner is also featured on http://www.staffierescue.co.uk

***PLEASE NOTE: Our mission is to find every dog in our care its forever home. Our Rescue requires a minimum £175 donation for each dog at the time of adoption. These funds allow us to continue to help homeless dogs.***

ImageImage
ImageImage

See Wagner's Thread Below. Watch his progress through our Rescue.

Original Referral Details: Wagner was found stray already neutered but unchipped. His time ran out and we agreed to save him

Wagner came into our Rescue yesterday when he was chipped and fully vax'd.

Wagner with little Rolf JRT we also saved
Rescue Remedies

Re: Wagner Staffie DOB ?2006 Horsham WSussex

I had the privilege of bringing Wagner out of the pound and down to Gatwick kennels on Friday. He does have an utterly heartbreaking face and eyes that seem terribly sad, but you know what, he is actually a happy little chap. He rode on the front seat next to me with Rolf in the back in a crate and was charming company. He loved having an arm around him getting a hug and if not that then an ear scratch was needed.

He was so well behaved at the vets, not even a flinch when he had his chip and vaccination, interested in a Jack that was in reception and no bad vibes at all, just slightly quizzical as to where he had come from. We took a quick walk after the vet had done the necessary when a Terrier came from nowhere to tell Wagner that he was here and not to come on his side of the street. There was no danger of that happening as Wagner was far too interested in snuffling along his pavement to care what another dog said. Back into the car and then to his temporary home.

Wagner has the most amazing Staffie snuffles and talk with a yawn that sounds like a seagull!

He is a really affectionate, gentle, calm and well behaved lad who I can see being very happy with a fireplace to call his own and at least someone who he will be able to share all the love he has inside him.

The face that launched a thousand treats

Rescue Remedies

Walked this chap today.

He is very easy to harness, I think he realised that if he stays still, he'll be out quickly for a walk, although he's got some strength behind him he doesn't pull at all on the lead :)

We met a couple of spaniels - his ears went back and tail wagging ten to the dozen, after a polite introduction we were on our way :)

he did seem to get a spring in his step when walking with Diesel, another male dog so I don't know if he used to live with another dog

Didn't react to cyclists who went close by either.
Rescue Remedies

Wagners not been keen on getting his feet wet so today we decided to do a pavement walk, the ground was totally sodden with all the rain yesterday and overnight, so it seemed a good idea :D

Wagner thought it was a great idea, and had a lovely time, think he would have happily wandered and wandered so long as we stuck to the pavements !

Deborah was doing her induction and was oh so impressed with "Waggie", he walked so well on the lead, not once did he reach the end of it and the lead remained slack the whole of our walk.

ImageImage

Quite calm walking over the bridge over the M23...

Wagner was very affectionate when we got back to his kennel and he thoroughly enjoyed his rub down with a towel, good as gold :)

How can I sum up Wagner... He's a pipe and slippers sort of bloke, who would love a walk to the pub (along the pavement !!!)
Rescue Remedies

We took Wagner for a rain-sodden walk yesterday, he wasn't too keen on all the mud so today we whisked him off in the car to give him some time away from kennels and all that water.

Rescue Remedies

How wonderful :D

As I saw you and Tia in the paddock I thought to myself "that looks like Wagner" but no I thought, wrong kennels, it can't be... But it was and a Wagner like we've not seen before, ears up and running around having lots of fun :D

Clearly has an eye for the ladies and was showing off to Tia :flower:
Rescue Remedies

RIDE OF THE VALKYRIES

(After his 2nd vaccination)
Rescue Remedies

Wagner is staying with us for a while and today is his first day.

He has been very good. We went for a nice long walk when he arrived at about 1 oclock. He is a pleasure to walk, does not pull on the lead. He seemed totally fine with other dogs that we met along the way, briefly saying hello and then moving on by.

When we got home at around 2.30 he immediately made himself at home on the sofa and has been dozing for most the afternoon. I think we wore him out!

He is really calm and gentle. A real sweetie!

Rescue Remedies

Thank you for offering a foster home, now Wagner can blossom with love and home comforts. He looked shell shocked at his circumstances, all at sea.. but now he can relax. Looking forward to more updates of this handsome boy :D
Rescue Remedies

Thanks for joining the forum.

Great to hear he's settled in

Vicky x

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”