Archie Patterdale 2.6.10 - 02.2018 Waterlooville

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
xxlynne

Archie Patterdale 2.6.10 - 02.2018 Waterlooville

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Archie29.jpg
Patrick & Mary are mourning the loss of dear Archie who died of kidney failure as few weeks ago...
Flower66r.jpg
Archie's thread below:
Archie needs a supportive family to offer time and tolerance to allow their new dog to settle. Archie needs an aware Patterdale owner who has his safety and security ever present in their minds. Archie needs a terrier proof garden which usually involves 6' panel fencing without garden furniture against to provide stepping stone. NB Our Rescue asks owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters, as dog law changes place dog's lives at greater risk.

Known background: Archie was owned since a puppy with an elderly couple. His main carer died in Jan 15 and Archie went into kennels at the end of March. Archie is neutered, chipped and fully vaccinated. Archie is now in Gatwick Kenns awaiting his new home.

Archie is a smooth haired 5 year old Patterdale with a docked tail. Although Archie was raised as an only dog but is an easy mixer with other dogs and could share. Archie came in as over weight and has now trimmed down and looks much fitter.

Visit Archies thread for daily updates, lots of pictures and videos. Please click to submit Online Application We will match you with a dog that suits your lifestyle, please remain open we successfully home 350 dogs per annum. We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes.

***PLEASE HELP: We have to ask for suggested min. donation £175 at the time of adoption, to support so many dogs in kennels. We have no state sponsorship and exist on the goodwill of the public and our supporters. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life.

Archie's Thread below: Watch progress through our Rescue
Original Referral: Family contacted stating Archie was in kennels since his male owner died and his remaining owner could care for him.
We have agreed to finsd Archie his home. He came into Gatwick Kennels on the 9th May 15
Tim

Re: Archie Patterdale 2.6.10 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Tim »

Rachel and I welcomed Archie to the fold on Saturday - after completing the relevant paper work we went for a walk and get a photo or two - Archie is a very friendly happy boy who's tail didn't stop wagging, in fact it was quite difficult to get decent photos as Archie just wanted lots of cuddles and wouldn't stay still for long as there were was plenty for the little fella to explore :)

A happy Archie:
untitled-4.jpg
Something caught his eye
untitled-2.jpg
Very very gentle when taking a treat
untitled.jpg
untitled-5.jpg
untitled-8.jpg
untitled-3.jpg
Wish I could do this with my tongue ;)
untitled-7.jpg
One Photo Can Save a Life

We love walking the kennel dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionaire
https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/forms/ ... tionnaire/
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Knew I'd love him :D

Archie is a super pattie who enjoyed his first walkies with the Friday gang today :biggrin.gif:
image.jpg
image.jpg
Archie loved the stream...
image.jpg
image.jpg
And here he is leading a trio of terriers, Archie, Sandie and Arthur...
image.jpg
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Charlie

Post by Charlie »

P1040596 (480x640).jpg
I had a lovely walk with Archie today :)
P1040605 (480x640).jpg
He seems to have settled & was great company
P1040580 (480x640).jpg
Very happy that we managed 3 visits to the stream...
P1040600 (480x640).jpg
Ignored the cat on the way home :shock:
P1040574 (480x640).jpg
Another favourite for me :smiley-love029.gif:
tildacat65

Post by tildacat65 »

Archie, such a lovely, sweet boy. x
VAL

Post by VAL »

I met and walked Archie today and he was no trouble at all. Greeted me with enthusiasm and a waggy tail but allowed me to harness him easily. He seems to have settled nicely and was well behaved when we met other dogs. He has obviously been well looked after and likes his treats.
tildacat65

Post by tildacat65 »

Happy 5th Birthday to the sweetest, gentle boy Archie. Always wagging your little tail and happy to see everyone :dog-115.gif: Hope to walk you again soon little man x
ChrisE

Post by ChrisE »

My son Chris took Archie out for the first time today (5th June) and despite a very barky start he soon calmed down when walking. Chris discovered that Archie loves to lead from the front and he was much calmer when not following other dogs. Despite a few barks Chris says Archie was very well behaved and such a gentle walker.
Archie after his walk with Chris on Friday 5th June
Archie after his walk with Chris on Friday 5th June
Archie having a roll and showing his belly to Chris during his walk on Friday 5th June
Archie having a roll and showing his belly to Chris during his walk on Friday 5th June
Archie sitting nicely for Chris during walk on Friday 5th June
Archie sitting nicely for Chris during walk on Friday 5th June

Archie being good for Chris in return for some lovely treats

Archie showing off his break dancing skills to Chris
tildacat65

Post by tildacat65 »

Had a lovely walk with Archie, he is such a good boy and as usual seemed very happy, wagging his little tail. We stopped so that he could go and have a paddle, he loves the water. x
ChrisE

Post by ChrisE »

I walked Archie for the first time today (Friday 19th June). Getting the harness on was a bit of a struggle but I finally got it on along with the leads, albeit feeling a lot hotter :biggrin.gif: . We then went outside the kennel to wait for my son Chris who was taking Crystal for a walk for the first time. We finally started our walk and it was a constant competition between Archie and Crystal as to who was going to lead the walk. The problem was that they both wanted to lead :biggrin.gif: . We decided to let them both lead alternately during the walk. Then Sarahk went ahead of both of us and neither Archie or Crystal were very happy at this takeover bid for the lead. :( I had a very enjoyable walk with Archie, during which time she quite often looked round, as if asking for attention, which, of course, I couldn't refuse him :biggrin.gif: . He is such a happy, loving dog and loves rolling around and having belly rubs. A pleasure to walk.

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”