Benny Staffie DOB 2004 - 2018

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
Rescue Remedies

Benny Staffie DOB 2004 - 2018

Post by Rescue Remedies »

Benny92.jpg
Hi Michelle, I adopted Benny in May 2015. Unfortunately we had to put him to sleep last night. We came home and he was unwell, took him to a 24hr vet and they suspected either a disease or a tumor given his symptoms. They in fact found a large tumor and he was in a lot of discomfort. Sadly we chose to put him to sleep as he wasn’t given a lot of time post op, and last night at least my fiance and I were with him. He had a wonderful 3 and a half years with us. Adored by everyone.
I cannot log in to the rescue remedies or staffie rescue website otherwise I would update it. Wondered if you wanted to post anything or let anyone at the charity know?
Thanks. Tom
Benny.jpg
Benny's thread below:
Originally posted Fri Dec 27, 2013 by xxlynne
Benny needs a supportive family to offer time and tolerance to allow their new dog to settle. Benny needs his family NOW in the twilight of his life. He can be left. Benny is not for over-fussing as sensitive around his ears which is his only health issue. Benny would do well around older visiting children who respect his space. Only pet: defo. not for cats. NB Our Rescue asks owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters, as dog law changes place dog's lives at greater risk.

Known background: Benny was found stray microchipped but his original owners were uncontactable: The chip told us he had been in Battersea 2 year previous. Benny is neutered, chipped and fully vax'd. Benny is in foster in Tunbridge Wells as a separated dog during the day but he sleeps on the bed with all the dogs by night!

About Benny: Benny is a quiet Staffie who takes a little while to relax with new people, you feel Benny has seen it all in his life. His gentle reticence melds him into people's heart. Benny Boy loves his walks! He is sprightly, playful little lad with a lot of character. He is happy to be rubbed with a towel and sits and offers his paws. He would so enjoy pottering around in a garden and sunning himself. He travels well crated or secured as a passenger. Benny needs his own family in the last years of his life.

Benny is a 10 - 11 year old brindle Staffie. Benny like so many Staffies have narrow ear canals so needs oversight and a build up of trust to keep his ears clear or 6 monthly visits to the vets. Loves his food. Benny is on You-Move which has eased his joints and benefited him greatly. Benny is very undemanding, deserves his own family having been in Rescue twice during his life and latterly although in foster, is separated in a multi dog household to keep him out of kennels. Benny needs to be 'owned and loved' Benny is such a love who waits patiently for his family before its too late.

Visit Benny's thread for daily updates, lots of pictures and videos. Please click to submit Online Application We will match you with a dog that suits your lifestyle, please remain open we successfully home 350 dogs per annum. We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes.

***PLEASE HELP: We have to ask for suggested min. donation £175 at the time of adoption, to support so many dogs in kennels. We have no state sponsorship and exist on the goodwill of the public and our supporters. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life.
Benny2b.jpg
Benny45.jpg
Benny6.jpg
See Benny's Thread Below. Watch his progress through our Rescue.
Original Referral Details: Dog Warden to Rescuers 18th Dec 2013 : Benny was found stray, chipped and neutered but no one would reclaim. His last day is on the 27th Dec
Collected Benny this morning and he joined me in the front, quite wary at first but soon settled and melted with strokes. He met the vet readily but really was unhappy and his eyes became very stressed with Mark's close examination so he was muzzled and examined then vaccinated. All well. He jumped into a crate whilst I sorted other dogs then joined me in the front again and seemed happy. We stopped at a shop and he enjoyed medallions of Roast Turkey and the vets we forgotten. Benny can be wary but with coaxing and given support he settles and relaxes. Benny enjoyed a welcome walk with Suzie Bee
Rescue Remedies

Re: Benny Staffie DOB 2004 TunbridgeWells Foster

A lovely chap, develops trust and I watched him visibly relax with both Lynne and Susiebee today, Benny boy you're safe now and life gets better gorgeous :xmas lol2:

Benny caught his nose in the paddock bless him so forgive the red nose on some of the pics...

Lovely boy, look forward to getting to know him :santa:
Rescue Remedies

One great looking young man!! 100% Staffy Boy...very handsome
Rescue Remedies

What a really lovely looking boy, I hope his nose gets better quickily ..... hes made for cuddles xx
Rescue Remedies

Benny reminded Lynne and I of Asher. Loved his greying muzzle and would say he is what you would call a 'proper' good looking Staffie! Very attentive too and knew there were sausages on offer so what he doesn't know already he would learn at the speed of light for treats!

Just look at that little face!

Bless him ... he knows paw!

Rescue Remedies

I love little Benny. He is a small, chunky staffie and was a good boy this morning on our walk. Calm and relaxed walking alongside Charlie.

Rescue Remedies

What a dude!! I wasn't sure what to expect from this fella but if I get the chance to walk him again then I cannot wait :) Have a feeling the sausage I gave him might have helped but got him harnessed easily and we were off. He is a real sprightly little lad with alot of character and very playful. We got absolutely soaked though so when we got back to the kennel I wasn't sure if he'd be happy with me rubbing a towel all over him but he sat down and gave me his paws to help me dry them :laugh2: Tooooo cute!! Wish could have put him in my pocket and taken him home. LOVE LOVE LOVE HIM!! :love4:
Rescue Remedies

Benny, bless him is such a good boy. He was rather muddy on his head and ears this morning and I found out he had had fun in the paddock yesterday , running and rolling around.
He is easy to harness and easy on the lead, not reacting to the other dogs as we left the kennel block. Such a sweet boy. We had a very muddy run around in the paddock afterwards. He does chase a ball if you throw it. He fetches it then drops it straight away and comes back to you minus the ball. No matter because we had a lovely time running and playing and enjoying each others company.
Rescue Remedies

Benny loves to run, so we went to the large paddock this morning and as soon as Benny was off lead he ran his little socks off. What utter joy it was for him having the freedom to bomb around. He would come back and say hello every so often but mostly he just relished the freedom to run. Having had a run he was also happy to soak up fuss and cuddles. He is such a happy boy out and about and the most delightful of Staffies. :love10:
I am smitten!

Rescue Remedies

Lovely pictures Anne. Must admit when I saw Kate on Saturday walking this gorgeous boy back to the kennels, for one split second, I thought it was my beloved boy Jake. Sounds like he has the same wonderful temperament :love4:
I hope I will be able to see him this Saturday, if he's not been whisked away to his forever home by then :wink:
Debbie

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”