Benny Staffie DOB 2004 - 2018

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
Rescue Remedies

Re: Benny Staffie DOB 2004 TunbridgeWells Foster

Post by Rescue Remedies »

Poor Benny. So glad he is with you John receiving the best of care and comfort. Give him a cuddle for me.
Rescue Remedies

Rachel and I popped over to see John - whilst in the park with one of his many dogs we spotted one of his walkers Josh with Benny so thought it a good time to take a photo or two :)

Gives paw left and right :)

Waiting patiently for a treat

A very friendly little boy who was very fond of Josh
Rescue Remedies

Thank you, Rachel and Tim for photographing "my" boys and girls.

Isn't Benny so gentle and keen to please.

Love the photos....I just wish somebody will come along and snap up this delightful elderly gentleman soon.
johnfowle

Post by johnfowle »

Benny had a great day yesterday....he went for a "sleepover" with a friend of mine who has a lovely garden where he could run and run and run and chase a ball and run and run and run and chase a ball.... etc etc etc.

He was so tired he didn't even accept the invitation to sleep on the bed....he slept in the hallway inside the door where it was nice and cool.

This morning he walked home, about three miles, and then went to sleep again for the rest of the morning....well, apart from his walk with the dogwalker!!!!

He really is a grand lad....so friendly with people, keeps out of the way of dogs to avoid any mishaps and is so gentle.
He'll make a great companion for anyone looking for a quiet, obedient and polite fella....this is your man
johnfowle

Post by johnfowle »

Why hasn't anyone seen Benny as a super companion....either in a family or with a couple or single person looking for a gentle, loyal and quiet member of the household. He likes his own space, but will be waiting for you at the door with his lead in his mouth ready for his walk. He keeps his distance from other dogs and, even when they approach him, he will try to avoid them....so there's never any difficult situation to unravel...even when he recently became involved with a bit of an altercation he did not react or respond in any way....he's a good boy.

It's really time for Benny to have his own forever home....he so deserves it.
johnfowle

Post by johnfowle »

Benny has been a lucky boy over the last few days....he has had a long sleepover with a friend of mine. She has a lovely large garden where Benny can run and smell and dig and roll and do all the things which dogs do. He is a really gentle lad who responds so positively and demonstrates his appreciation of all that is done for him by wagging his tail and running up and down in excitement.

He is quiet and clean in the house and is very happy to spend the evening snoozing away in the corner of the room or lying down beside you on the floor. He'll settle on the settee when there are no other dogs around, but generally, prefers his own company.

He will make an ideal companion for a single person looking for an "easy" dog or, indeed, anyone with little experience of handling dogs.
anne

Post by anne »

So glad Benny has the chance to play in a garden of his own. His favourite thing is to run. I can imagine the grin on his face. xx
johnfowle

Post by johnfowle »

If you're allowed "best pals" in RR, Benny would be my best Staffie pal. For quite an old boy he is so full of energy, charging along the hall with a rotating tail, ready to greet his dogwalker. At other times he likes to keep himself to himself and is quite content to spend the evening in the back sitting room and, when he does come into the front sitting room he tends to sit in one corner and drifts off to sleep.

On a one to one he is so affectionate, trying hard to rest his front legs against yours until his arthritic back legs let him down. He eats his meals with enthusiasm and always licks the platter clean. He is so good with other dogs who might approach him...he tries hard to ignore them and turn away from them, always keen to avoid any confrontation.

I do hope somebody will come along soon to offer this elderly man a home where he can spend the autumn of his life.
johnfowle

Post by johnfowle »

Benny has gone to the vet this morning to have a small fatty lump removed from the top of his leg....he's coming back to us in T Wells afterwards having spent the weekend in kennels. He's such a gentle, elderly man who is surprisingly active and energetic after that problem he had with his pelvic girdle some few months ago.
anne

Post by anne »

Wishing Benny a speedy recovery.
John, he really is a special RR pal. I love him to bits and am so glad he is back with you getting some TLC. xx

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”