Norman Staffie DOB 04.13 - 24.03.21

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
Rescue Remedies

Norman Staffie DOB 04.13 - 24.03.21

Post by Rescue Remedies »

Norman102.jpg
25.03.21: Chris, Julie, Ben and Joseph shared the sad news today that they lost Norman yesterday on the operating table as the vet appreciated the extent of his cancer. They are devastated Norman was their shadow dear dear friend
Norman.jpg
Norman's Thread below:
Originally posted Fri Feb 21, 2014 by xxlynne
Current Status: Homed Homing Requirements: Norman needs a settled home to find his way so he can rejoice in family life again.

Video: Norman walking with Lola

His Story: Norman found himself stray and unclaimed in East London at the age of 9 months. He is neutered, and will be chipped and fully vaccinated.

Advert: Norman is easy on the lead, especially on an extender. He meets dogs well, usually with nothing but calm friendliness, even in the face of barky dogs. He is very affectionate but in no way mouthy. His recall appears to be super: say his name and he's there at your feet. Norman is very clean and will choose to do his business away from you in the nearest bush given the opportunity. He does jump up but in such a gentle way it's more of a stretch up and is just adorable. Norman knows basic commands: sit, off, wait, paw, and is such a "people pleaser" that he will probably be incredibly trainable.

Norman is now in his 2nd year. He is a Staffie with a lavender brindle coat and broad white chest. He has been in kennels too long and so is under weight with the stress of kennel life. He needs a relaxation regime to recoup. We are hoping he can benefit from weekend foster to prove himself. Norman is a young dog with everything to learn and ever so ready to learn... he just needs the opportunity.

Interested in homing Norman?
Please click to complete our on-line homing questionnaire so we can match you with a dog that suits your lifestyle.

Please note that this dog is currently in boarding kennels and is also available to foster until a 'forever home' is found.

Please visit Norman's thread on our forum to find out whether he is still available. For full details and daily updates on all our dogs available for homing, click our forum link Norman is also featured on http://www.staffierescue.co.uk

***PLEASE NOTE: Our mission is to find every dog in our care its forever home. Our Rescue requires a minimum £175 donation for each dog at the time of adoption. These funds allow us to continue to help homeless dogs.***
Norman.jpg
Norman106.jpg
Norman77.jpg
Norman26.jpg
See Norman's Thread Below. Watch his progress through our Rescue.

Original Referral Details: Lynne can you help Norman? Norman - 8-10 month old Staff. He is a well built boy on short legs! Dog friendly. Strong on the lead. Is fully vaccinated & has been neutered. Michelle AllDogsMatter
Rescue Remedies

Re: Norman Staffie DOB 04.13 Guildford Kenns

We were delighted to meet Norman at our photoshoot at the kennels on Saturday. He was pure delight and the pleasure was all ours! Such a happy little boy ...

Rescue Remedies

Norman arrived into our care today into Chessington Kenns
Rescue Remedies

What can I say about this adorable little man. Norman is fab! We picked him up yesterday to transport him to Chessington. Before we popped him in the car to start his journey we spent some time with him and Amanda, the kennel manager.

Norman was the liveliest staffy passenger (apart from our Lois) that we've ever transported but in a very nice way. He didn't make any noise just busied himself with toys and even though tied in he tried several times to jump on Lee's head while he was driving; it was very comical! I put him on my lap a couple of times throughout the journey and he had some 'cat' naps then it was back to playing and checking out Lee's ears... :laugh2:

We took him for a walk with Stanley and they trundled along nicely together. He will need a good bath and a nice brush; he really did smell to high heaven bless him and he has a lot of scurf but I'm sure the kennel staff will sort this out pronto.

First impression; friendly happy-go-lucky lad who loves a cuddle.

Belly rubs with Lee

Sayin' thank you and goodbye to Amanda

Aren't I just gawjus :love4:

Cheeky!!

Didn't know you could have so much fun in the back of a car!!! :wink: :wink:

Rescue Remedies

Wow wee - Norman is a stunner.
He is sooooo gentle, no pulling on his walks, met several dogs and had a nice friendly play with an off lead Cocker today.
He is very handsome, trim, long legs and a beautiful soft brindle coat.
He is responsive to command and loves to sit for treats ... especially on your lap where he can lick you to death.
Norman wont hang around for long - he's a cracker !
:love4:

Rescue Remedies

Don't worry little Normy with looks like yours and your cheeky personality it won't be long before you are scooped up into the arms of a loving forever home. In the meantime stay cheeky little man!! :wink: :love4:
Rescue Remedies

Great photo's of him 10/10 he sounds adorable and looks amazingly fit !!! :wink:
Rescue Remedies

I made a date with Norman last night so this morning I decided I couldn't not turn up, so went to collect him and move him in with our Staffies in Guildford. He was in the paddock with SaraC having a ball...and a ball! He greeted me well and we slipped his harness on and he walked with a spring in his step joining me as my passenger to Guildford.
He wasn't hyper on our journey but then he was front passenger and he watched the world fly by: And I looked down and there he was sleeping

Norman got a wonderful welcome ceremony from the kennel staff, Laura Mrs P and here he is being welcomed by Maria and Andy Katz

We then had a lovely walk down by the river and was soon able to remove the chain lead as he paid no attention to the lead but paid a lot of attention to the lovely Lola

Video: Norman walking with Lola

Image :kiss:
Rescue Remedies

If you stand in front of Norman's kennel he gets up on his hind legs and will smother you in kisses through the door. If you tell him to sit so you can go in, he does so beautifully. Once you are in he's the happiest boy alive, a wriggly little harness avoider :D I ignored him for a bit, he went and sat in his bed and I got his harness on beautifully. Admittedly bending down meant I got a bit of a face wash but there's no protests from me when it comes to doggy kisses.

Norman's an easy walk and very connected to his walker when on a short lead. He said a lovely hello to a teeny fluffy puppy (breed unknown) then snuffled along the river at a gentle pace in the rather warm sun.

Why the dopey face Norman?

Ah is it because you're getting a back scratch?
Bless him he kept nudging & licking my hand every time I stopped

He's also a very beautiful boy in the fur :love4:
Cute, cute, cute white paws!

This medium-sized stripey puppy melts my heart, probably because he's a lot like my medium-sized stripey puppy :love4:
Rescue Remedies

Norman made lots of very cute noises at first whilst out with Gretal and Saatchi, mixture of excitement and nerves I think. Even in a pack Norman is good on the lead and he rubbed along really nicely with everyone. He's less confident with strange dogs and will probably need gentle introductions until he finds his feet. He is such a puppy.
Kisses with Gretal, there were lots but I was too slow!

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”