Norman Staffie DOB 04.13 - 24.03.21

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
MrsP

Re: Norman Staffie DOB 04.13 Guildford Kenns

Post by MrsP »

There's not much I can say about Norman that hasn't already been said, he is a very special boy who makes everyone fall in love with him!
puppy face
puppy face
great recall
great recall
Loving the long grass
Loving the long grass
estellep

Post by estellep »

I haven't posted on here much before, but I just had to share some pictures of the gorgeous fabulous Norman. I always look forward to my Saturdays walking the RR dogs and Norman never fails to make me laugh, smile and feel all warm and fuzzy inside. He is a little cuddle monster, who if you stop during the walk, for whatever reason, will immediately come back to you, stand on his back legs and give you a hug!!! What is not to love about that! :smiley-love014.gif: :smiley-love029.gif:
Lovely boy
Lovely boy
Norman is the perfect posing companion!
Norman is the perfect posing companion!
Lovely wet kiss from Normie
Lovely wet kiss from Normie
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Norman put on his charm unoffensive today and walked beautiful alongside Oscar. Very responsive to voice, wants to meet dog but needs to be more mannered in public as not everyone want Norman in the face of their dog ha ha ...Happy chappie so needs the chance of a foster place to prove his magnificence!
estellep

Post by estellep »

I sat with Norman in his kennel for a few minutes before harnessing for our walk today. I did this last week as well and once he has got over his excitement he is so easy to harness! He loves attention and cuddles so much, I think he is overwhelmed to begin with! :D
After our hellos and cuddles he slipped on his harness and we headed over to the paddock. He had an investigate of the paddock and then we played fetch with a little green and blue rope toy I bought him. He seemed so pleased with it, tossing it up in the air and galloping around proudly with it, it was so sweet. :smiley-gen132.gif:
Norman is amazing at playing fetch! :shock: He ran off after his toy and then would bring it back to me, drop it on the floor and take a few steps backwards! When I realised he was showing so much self control, I asked him to sit and wait, I leant forward to get the toy and whenever he looked like he was going to pounce, I moved my hand away and continued this until he sat and let me get it, without him trying to snatch it off me first. He would then sprint after it and drop it for me again. I even have a video for proof!
After a little game I tried a few tricks with him, in case he knew any others, he doesn’t know paw, or down, so we will work on these again next week! We went for our walk along the canal and he was an angel, as always, hardly pulling at all and meeting everyone with a smiley face! When all the dogs were walked at the end of the day, we went back into the paddock and had a few cuddles and tried a few tricks. When I squat down he puts his front paws on my knee and we sit there happily for a while. Unfortunately we were turfed out of the paddock, but I’m glad he got some time in there today, I’ve started to teach him how to spin as well, he will be on Britains Got Talent in no time!! :crossfingers.gif:
We went back to his kennels just in time as the rain started to come down and there was thunder and lightning outside. We sat happily in his dry kennels, enjoying each others company. See you next week Normy!

20140628_130244-1_resized.jpg
estellep

Post by estellep »

It was finally the weekend for me to foster Norman!! Yay!! :D My Mum and Dad were on holiday with my grumpy dog Cherry, so I had a pet-free home for Norman, not that he would need it, but my dog does!

My boyfriend was borrowing my car, so after I’d walked at Guildford kennels, me and Norman started making our way home, walking through Guildford. We walked up a very busy Guildford high-street, which didn’t faze Norman at all and we listened to someone singing and playing the guitar, we sat down for a few minutes and Norman was swarmed with fans! (Rightly so!) He did his Norman trick of giving them hugs and then rolled onto his back, even on the cobbles (ouch!) to have his tummy tickled. They were a very nice group of people, two of them were a couple and when I explained he needed a home they said they were looking for a dog but their landlord doesn’t allow pets, but they would keep Rescue Remedies in mind, they then walked off an me and Norman continued to listen to the busker. The lady then ran back over and asked again for the name of the rescue so she could spread the word! Yay! :dog_running-186.gif:

My boyfriend wasn’t long with my car, so me and Norman met him and he hopped in merrily to the back. I had seen he could be a bit of a handful on car journeys and he did immediately try to climb through to the front, but I just kept my arm up, blocking him from doing so and he soon settled down and went to sleep!

He had an investigate of my garden when we got home and did lots of wee’s which I praised him for. Then we went inside and he did some more investigating! He is a very inquisitive boy. He found my dogs box of toys, which he loved! And helped himself over the weekend, diving in, finding new toys and running around the house with them! He only had 2 accidents in the house over the entire weekend, which I thought was very good :smiley-gen078.gif: , especially as he has been in kennels since Feb and likes to mark a lot when he is out.

We took him out for the evening to the Wotton Hatch and sat in the garden. I took him some treats and as soon as he gets a sniff, he goes crazy!! He just loves human food! Whenever you are eating he’s stuck to you like a magnet, but never tries to steal it, which he could have done easily! He loves people and wagged his tail at everyone he saw. Really he is still a puppy, happy, excitable and eager to please :cloud9.gif: .

Night-time was very funny :biggrin.gif: , I went to bed earlier than Norman and my boyfriend and he was torn! He didn’t know who to sit with, in the end my boyfriend kept him downstairs so he didn’t keep jumping on the bed to check I was ok and give me some face licks! When my boyfriend came up to bed Norman was very excitable! Jumping on the bed and off the bed and on again. I had my dogs bed for him to go in, but he was much too excited that we were re-united!! My boyfriend sat on the floor with him and encouraged him to stay in the bed, which worked…for a while, then he jumped up again bless him. But after one more attempt, he stayed in his bed all night, through to 6am when he let me know he needed to go out for a wee, by doing some little sighs! Such a quick learner :smiley-gen014.gif: !!

Norman accompanied me for a morning run, he stayed to the left and ran (well just trotted eventhough I was running :oops: ) beautifully with me for 20 minutes. When we got home he then had a little sleep on the sofa. He is very good at taking himself off and doing his own thing, he doesn’t need to be asleep touching you and would play with his toys by himself, once he was running around the house and garden at top speed with a bone, ran in and flung it along the floor accidently hitting my foot lol. He kept me company while I did the washing up, which was very appreciated! He is just such a good boy, I was amazed with how easily he fitted in to the house and our routine, it felt normal to have him there :smiley-gen132.gif: .

On Sunday we took him to Bushey Park and managed to not recreate a FENTTTOOON :shock: ! After his excitable first car journey, he seems to have now begun to enjoy them and they send him to sleep! Once we were there he was a bit bleary eyed from his power nap, but loved running through the long grass and weeing on everything in sight! He didn’t notice the deer, but met a few off-lead dogs and was very well behaved as always, even when one of the off-lead dogs tried to run off with a bone I’d bought him and another tried to grab my treats out my back pocket! We were swarmed!! At one point I thought it would be a good idea if we posed by an ornamental pond to get some really good photos of Norman, he leaned in for a quick drink and SPLOOSH! Fell entirely in! Head first :shock: ! He jumped out as quick as anything :lol: ! Poor little man, he shook it off though and carried on as normal, then he was running around excitably and managed to slip in again!! Only his back end this time and I had to pull him out, poor boy!!

On our way home, we popped into Shere, my boyfriend wondered if my plan was to show him off to the locals in the hope he is rehomed here…well, maybe it was ;) ! We sat in a café garden to have a coffee and Norman was very good, even with a family with three children running around him, very close, playing hide and seek, he didn’t bat an eyelid. We had a stroll through shere and then went home to make the most of having him at home.

He is great at playing fetch, which I have said before and I also started training him some new tricks. He can do paw, which I thought before he couldn’t, he’s also started learning down and carried on learning how to spin, both ways. We all had a cuddle on the sofa watching tv, then he decided to lie on the floor sprawled out for the rest of the evening. As a special treat we let him sleep on our bed for the final night! Undoing all Ed’s work from the night before! But we couldn’t resist :smiley-gen081.gif: . He was really good and stayed still at the bottom of the bed. I then woke up at 5am, to him laying full length, like a human, with his head on the pillow and his two front legs wrapped around my neck!! He definitely knows how to pull on the heart strings!

I had to get up early to go to a seminar and Norman and my boyfriend dropped me at the train station, Norman tried to jump out of the car with me! Funny boy! But we said our goodbyes and Ed returned him to the kennels later on in the day. He said Norman was very pleased to see the kennel staff and Ed was more upset than Norman about him going back! :cry:

I absolutely loved having him, he was a real pleasure to have, no trouble AT ALL! The house feels empty now with him and my dog being away too. :icon_barking_dog-116.gif: My Mum has said she can dog-sit for me on some weekends in the future, so you never know Normie we may be re-united sooner than you think, unless your forever family gets there first!! :crossfingers.gif:
estellep

Post by estellep »

First lot of piccies from the weekend!
BusheyLyingDown.jpg
BusheySatDown.jpg
BusheyGazingUpright.jpg
Couple of posers!
Couple of posers!
Hugging.jpg
Hugging.jpg
Hugs for Ed
Hugs for Ed
Hugs for Ed
Hugs for Ed
Snoozing in the car
Snoozing in the car
Where are my treats!
Where are my treats!
At the Wotton Hatch
At the Wotton Hatch
estellep

Post by estellep »

Final piccies!
Adopt Norman and get Ed free!
Adopt Norman and get Ed free!
Norman's best puppy dog eyes!
Norman's best puppy dog eyes!
Keeping me company while I wash up
Keeping me company while I wash up
MrsP

Post by MrsP »

Amazing update, shows what a star he is. That photo of his puppy eyes is a complete heartbreaker.
MrsP

Post by MrsP »

Norman and I hung out in the paddock on Saturday. He's hilarious and gorgeous and affectionate and such a puppy.

This is him doing his best 'wait' before I threw the ball
IMG_0630.JPG
Deborah

Post by Deborah »

Me and Matthew Walked Bryn and Norman. They started the Walk by jumping all over each other without a hint of a growl from either of them. Then Bryn was happy following Normans lead enjoying his walk. Unfortunately he coppied Norman in n jumping up to greet passers by.

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”