Luna 2006ish - 2015

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
Wander Woman

Re: Luna

Post by Wander Woman »

Thank you so much for your support and positive comments, everyone. Luna was feeling very poorly indeed 3-4 weeks ago. I thought we were going to have to say goodbye. :( She has been rallying well and has been feeling much better lately. I think that she had some other illness affecting her on top of the cancer. It's so hard to tell; we have to be very careful so we don't become confused as to what may be causing her any discomfort. She is on pain meds and will be for the duration, however these seem to manage her pain well for the time being and she loves the cheese that comes with them. :biggrin.gif: I daresay that our little girl is a bit tubby now; I don't think I care about that as much as I used to... exercise beyond a few minutes causes her pain and as long as she loves her food and treats she will (within reason) get what she likes. :) We have no idea how much time we have with her - the lump is growing - I just want her to enjoy herself as much as she can.

Here are a few shots of our favourite girl on holiday with us in Cornwall recently.

At the top of Trencrom Hill, enjoying a rest.
LunaTrencromHill.jpg
At Men An Tol ancient stones with Benny looking on
LunaMenAnTol.jpg
With Neil and Benny at Men An Tol
BennyLunaNeilMenAnTol.jpg
Having some snacks under the table at tea time
BennyLunaTeaTime.jpg
You can't see her in this one - she is inside her new buggy - the old one's front wheel finally snapped off... On the Dunes near Hayle
BennyNeilLunaDunes.jpg
staffylevi

Post by staffylevi »

Beautiful pics Kim. Bless her heart! She looks so well you wouldn't even know. Sending big hugs to her and you guys and, of course, to Benny who must be a wonderful companion for her at this trying time. Her buggy looks very posh; hope she's making the most of you guys pushing her around!! :smiley-gen132.gif:
Doin' it for the staffies ...
Julieh

Post by Julieh »

Your beautiful girl looks so happy. Keeping you all close in thought, take each day at a time as you are enjoying and cherishing every minute. Xx
Ladylou

Post by Ladylou »

Luna still looks so good, and you can see the love she is surrounded with. Thinking of you all, and gentle hugs for your beautiful girl. Thanks also for giving Benny a lovely break. :thanks.gif:
Wander Woman

Post by Wander Woman »

Luna is hanging in there. She is getting lots of cuddles and love. :smiley-gen132.gif: :smiley-love029.gif:

Sunning herself in the back garden in the brilliant Summer sun we had this year. I am so glad she still enjoys herself this way. I think her belly looks like a reverse Rorschach blot. :)
LunaSunning.jpg
At Berrow Beach in Somerset last June. It is a massive, sandy beach and the water there is very shallow for a long way out and gets incredibly warm - like bathwater! We were shocked, as we have never paddled or swam in water that comfortable in the UK. Highly recommended for dogs that like the beach! Luna had a blast paddling around with her Dad. :lol:
LunaSomerset.jpg
Having a snooze between my legs in the campervan.
LunaCamperLegs.jpg
Last July, at Pembrey Country Park, Wales after a paddle. Another super doggy beach and Park.
LunaPembreyWales.jpg
Relaxing on the sofa with her doting Grandad.
LunaCharlie.jpg
Bertie and Pippa

Post by Bertie and Pippa »

Lovely pictures of your gorgeous girl. Glad she is doing ok at the moment - hope that continues for some time to come. Think about her a lot, such a brave girl :smiley-gen132.gif:
Wander Woman

Post by Wander Woman »

Luna had a quick trip to the vet yesterday just so we could make sure she was doing alright. The vet seemed satisfied that the cancer is still localised, and while it is causing her pain, her medication seems to be adequate for now to manage her pain. He gave us a bit of counselling and also mentioned laser treatment as a possible pain management technique for the future. I hadn't ever heard of this treatment, so his advice was both welcome and educational. Luna is doing the best that can be expected. :smiley-gen078.gif: We take it one day at a time. Thanks for your thoughts. We are so grateful for the kindness. :)
johnfowle

Post by johnfowle »

Hi Kim! Thinking of you all....please give Benny a special hug. Luna couldn't be in a better home with all the care and attention you offer her.

Best wishes

John and the Mob in T Wells
Ladylou

Post by Ladylou »

So glad that Luna is still doing okay, and long may it last. Hugs for her and Benny, and enjoy each and every day. :biggrin.gif:
Dianestoll

Post by Dianestoll »

Hello , I'm new on here and reading up on everyones doggies. I love the photos , real characters you have. :D

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”