Tia Rottweiler DOB 01.07 - 02.12.2019

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
Rescue Remedies_3

Re: Tia Rottweiler DOB 01.07 Addlestone Foster

Post by Rescue Remedies_3 »

Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 by X5-JS

At last the weather has improved so we can get Tia out in the garden for some updated photos :)

Tia's legs are improving week by week she has now almost stopped the hopping and although they still shake when she is standing still I believe this is as much due to the weak muscles as being painful.
We have cut back on the perscribed anti inflamatory tablets and moved more on to a natural joint suplement.
When Tia first arrived she would not let anyone touch her back legs, now she is happy to let you dry them after a wet walk, as long as you dont try to lift one to dry her feet. Better to just put a towel on the floor and let her walk on it :D

Indoors we have put down carpet offcuts where possible to prevent her falling on the laminate floor.
Tia is like a rear wheel drive car on an icy road, as she starts to move off her back legs have little traction because she does not have full strength in them, she starts to slip and slide then she panics and tries to go faster which can result in a heavy fall.
But Tia is a clever girl she has developed 4 wheel drive
She has worked out that when she moves backwards she has better grip with her front legs to get her started It is soo funny to watch her but you have to mind your toes, I am thinking of getting her one of those warnings the big lorries have.

"beep beep caution this vehicle is reversing beep beep"

Tia is good on her walks, pulls a bit on first setting off as she gets very excited but soon settles and walks nicely to heal. She can get excited on seeing cats, squirrels and other dogs (in a playful way not aggression) you have to keep a good grip on the lead. She is not keen on off lead dogs coming directly into her face.

Tia loves attention a good cuddle or belly rub results in a deep low growl of appreciation :)

Although Tia likes playing hide and seek with Ben she would love a forever home
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 by Rigsby

I bumped into this beautiful girl on my walk today. I last saw her several weeks ago and she is now looking wonderful! She really has blossomed and was enjoying the lovely sunshine this morning.
We had a lovely cuddle - she is super friendly and loved being rubbed though strangely - turned her nose up at the delicious dried liver I offered her!
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 by X5-JS

Tia is growing in confidence as her health improves and her legs strengthen.
I came out of the bathroom to find her sitting on the landing with a look of satisfaction on her face :laugh2: up to then her previous attempt at exploring upstairs had failed at the 3rd step, then she got stuck and had to be lifted back down
Next door are having an extension built and Tia loves to go out in the morning and chat to the builders, well today she decided that If she ripped 3 wooden slats off the fence she could go next door and investigate a little closer. Some rapid repairs were needed

Video: Tia having a good roll
Sorry about video size havn't mastered the phone conversion yet
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 by SharonR-Admin

Lovely to see her enjoying herself on the video - she is very cute!
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Wed May 29, 2013 by X5-JS

Tia continues to improve week on week, she is no longer taking any prescribed medication just natural joint supplements.
The little hoping limp has gone but her back legs are still a bit shaky when she stands still.
She now runs around the garden chasing the pigeons away

On Monday we went for a walk along the Thames at Runneymede, Tia had great fun running through the meadows. We came across some of the Battersea(Windsor) dogs out walking, mainly whippets and lurchers, Tia showed interest but was a good girl.
Tia also managed the car journeys without any sickness so improvement there as well :)

Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 by X5-JS

Tia had a lovely day out today first down to Godstone kennels to see Sharon and Brian for some photos.
Catch up with Lynne and the walkers, hello1 who all commented how well she was looking.

Then back to Hook fete and dog show, where she meet Cassie and lots of the other RR dogs having a lovely time out of the kennels. Well done to Gemma and all the volunteers a great turn out. Thanks
Tia was very good around most of the dogs but was not keen on the little patterdale who kept barking at her :D

Lots of time in the car today and she wasn't sick at all so a great improvement there as well.

Sorry didn't get any pictures as I had my hands full, but I know Brians pictures will be great and I think some where taken at the fete.

We had a family BBQ on Thursday with a house full of people, of all ages and some faces Tia had not seen before, but she was good as gold, if not a little bemused at not being able to lie in her favourite spot.
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 by X5-JS

A couple of photos from our walk at Wisley this morning

Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 by SharonR-Admin

I just looked back over Tia's thread and I just can't believe how much she has changed since she arrived. Her face, the way she holds herself, her whole demeanour has completely changed. Today's relaxed and happy girl could be a completely different dog ... feast your eyes!

With John her beloved fosterer daddy ...

"See you next time"!
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 by BJB

Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 by X5-JS

Tia had a lovely day out at the RR fun day, considering the amount of dogs around she was very well behaved. She did grumble at a couple of the smaller dogs that were barking and she took a dislike to one particular rottie

We did have a potential "You've been Framed" moment where the pulled me backwards off the plastic chairs at the BBQ but luckily Brian and his trusty camera had just moved away

She also found a new friend courtesy of Marie (staffielevi)

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”