Ben Red Fell Terrier DOB 15.4.04 - May 2019

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
Rescue Remedies_2

Re: Ben Red Fell Terrier DOB 15.4.04 Walton upon Thames

Post by Rescue Remedies_2 »

Loobie-loo 31 Aug 2013 08:49 am

Day 4 and Ben's looking and feeling much perkier. He's eating really well and continues to get lots of rest. The stomach upset Ben had when he arrived has now settled down and Ben has more energy. We are out for the weekend with Ben so I decided I'd give him a bath to 'freshen him up'. I was expecting the usual frenzy with dogs so covered the bathroom with towels to mop up the mess, checked all escapes routes were blocked, filled an old baby bath with warm water and sensitive skin doggy shampoo and gently lifted Ben in. Well, what a surprise and what an easy bathe! Ben stayed perfectly still, let me lather him to my heart's content and sat patiently until he was showered down.

Some pics below of him post bath, looking a little fluffier, and I'd say a little more 'gingery' than before. What a terrier! What a catch!

Rescue Remedies_2

SarahK 31 Aug 2013 09:20 am

He looks very smart :D

Have a lovely weekend Ben
Rescue Remedies_2

Westie 31 Aug 2013 09:32 am

How can anyone resist this gorgeous boy!

Hope his forever home comes along very, very soon.

Enjoy your break from kennels lovely boy.
love4.gif
X
Rescue Remedies_2

Loobie-loo 01 Sep 2013 10:12 pm

Day 6 of fostering and Ben is blossoming. We travelled about 100 miles in the car yesterday and Ben travelled well each way. He was very patient and seems to be a seasoned car traveller. Ben has a sparkling personality - always wants to play, especially when there's a ball involved! Since arriving he has really crept out of his shell (and into our hearts) and would be a lovely companion for any person or family. He mixes well with older children, almost in a protective manner and is still a little guarded with other dogs, simply displaying typical terrier traits. With a lot of love and patience we feel this can be overcome. A few photos taken on my iphone and a video of Ben on Ranmore earlier today.

Ben on Ranmore

Rescue Remedies_2

SarahK 01 Sep 2013 10:20 pm

love4.gif :thanks.gif: love4.gif

Do love Ben and lovely to see him enjoying terrier walks in woods, he will be in his element. His coats looking good and his waistline slightly fuller
Rescue Remedies_2

Loobie-loo 02 Sep 2013 02:42 pm

In all the excitement (and help from Sarah) of managing to upload a video, I forgot to upload these photos of Ben on his walk in the woods yesterday.
Ben is just 9 years old but don't let those years put you off, he is so full of life...an intelligent little boy with a delightful character.

Rescue Remedies_2

Loobie-loo 04 Sep 2013 11:36 pm

Having run out of tennis balls, Craig decided to test Ben's fitness by taking him on a run through the woods. They managed 5 miles with Ben running alongside on a short lead. 9 years old? Surely there must be some mistake!

Ben enjoying a well deserved treat after his run

and now for that r & r Dianna promised...zzzzzzz

:icon_barking_dog-116.gif: :icon_barking_dog-116.gif: :icon_barking_dog-116.gif: :icon_barking_dog-116.gif:
Rescue Remedies_2

SarahK 05 Sep 2013 12:03 am

Awwww love4.gif
Ben, you're looking so well and so much younger than your 9 years, wish I could run 5 miles just like that !!
Lovely video and top picture of Ben enjoying his zzz's ! :)
Rescue Remedies_2

Loobie-loo 15 Sep 2013 10:21 am

Due to work commitments, today is Ben’s last day with us in foster care and, sadly, we have to take him back to kennels.

For the 3 weeks he has been with us, Ben has been a wonderful house companion with a great, playful personality and a warm, loving and protective character. Having spent some 2 months in kennels, Ben arrived tired, thin and down at heart. Ben needs love and companionship. His time in foster has perked him up and given Ben back his confidence and a spring in his step. We really hope someone is reading this who will embrace Ben into the heart of their family – be it a single person, a couple or a family and ideally as an only dog.

It saddens me deeply that dog owners make life style choices that exclude their pets. How devastated Ben must have been then to find himself hundreds of miles from home and outside the familiar and loving environment he knew for so long.

Terrier Rescue has been marvelous in assisting Ben on his journey to find another chance and the loving and inclusive home he so deserves.
Farewell Ben…………….

Rescue Remedies_2

Westie 15 Sep 2013 10:49 am

Oh Loobie-loo, your last update has made me feel so sad and must admit to having shed a few tears for this lovely boy.

Please, please, if anyone is reading Ben's thread, please consider offering this beautiful boy the home he so deserves. As you can see, he is such a wonderful boy.
:anyone:
It will be so hard for him to go back and cope with life in kennels.
:(
Really hope if a new home is not found, that someone will come forward to foster Ben until then.
X

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”