Mr D'Arcy Staffie DOB January 2009 - 9th December 2020

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
Rescue Remedies

Mr D'Arcy Staffie DOB January 2009 - 9th December 2020

Post by Rescue Remedies »

ImageImage
Hi Lynne,

I hope you are well. I just wanted to let you know that we have had to have Darcy put to sleep today. He had a couple of funny turns the first in September and he came right but he had another two since and then weirdly he’s had what we think may be a tumour develop in his mouth which was what happened to Goonie, because he was getting older we decided not to investigate too much and just offer pain relief. He had started to drop weight and sleep all day long and the last few days he has refused almost everything to eat, with the exception of things like chocolate which obviously isn’t any good for him. So today we had to make the hard decision to say goodbye. He is now at rear in our garden back with his old buddy Goonie. How Freya will manage I’m not yet sure but I am working from home these days so she won’t have a great deal of time alone.

Regards Laura
Flower81.jpg
Mr D'Arcy's Thread below:
Mar 28, 2010 6:19 pm Homed
Homing Requirements: Mr D'Arcy needs a family who have an active life style and want to put the training into a dog. Keen on the lead, he will become an off lead dog, but needs work to gain connection and recall. Can get excited and jumpy, but within the right regime does settle. Needs a companion home and can lever doors open to come find his family. Not for live-in young children.

His Story: Found stray in February 2010 and unclaimed. A little hand shy so may have been ?robustly controlled. Kind nature, but excitable. Neutered, vax'd and chipped.

Advert: Mr Darcy is a brilliant 1 year old Staffie, a gentleman ... a good all round dog who happens to be a Staffie. Friendly with other dogs. He gets frightened in new situations, but his instinct is to retreat. So wants to trust and is very friendly outside and welcomes approach. He loves life, his walks and is very social with people and dogs. Tolerates dogs barking directly at him, he is quite bouncy and has a playful manner. He always seems to be laughing! He will be a good off lead dog once he gains confidence in the outside world. Mr D'Arcy's house trained. Currently needy for company, but settles at night. In boarding kennels in the Farnham area.

Mr Darcy is handsome, quite a large Staffie and in good health. Though good with children is exuberant and still a bit mouthy. D'Arcy has yet to gain full control over his energy levels and needs a regime to achieve this. Takes treats gently. Generally good around food and not possessive. Loves toys and plays the game of 'here it is try and get it'. Has learned to fetch rather than claim and hide! His family is everything. Mr Darcy will make a perfect friend for a worthy family.

Please visit Mr D'Arcy Staffie DOB 01.09 Evesham to find out more about him and follow his progress.

If you are interested in re-homing please complete Our on-line Homing Questionnaire so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.

"Please note this dog is currently in boarding kennels and is also available for foster until a 'forever' home is found".

Darcy's thread below: see his progress through our Rescue

You ask the gentleman to sit and he thinks about it, you ask again and he lies down everytime wagging that tail in anticipation!

He was most concern when I first entered his kennel. I left after a little while as he was scared. I then went back in with a lead and he immediately but warily continued to lie in his bed as I attached the lead. Oh yes then he was happy and oh how he enjoyed our extra long walk. I got kisses but he isnt an everso licky licky staffie he meets you with the shine and light from his smiling eyes. Charmer! His instincts with ogs is very welcoming and friendly.

:oops: Snipped and chipped tomorrow
Rescue Remedies_3

Re: Mr D'Arcy Staffie DOB 01.09 Evesham

Post by Rescue Remedies_3 »

Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 by Charlie + Ted

Had the pleasure of meeting Mr D'Arcy today, after polite introductions his reserve dissolved & he was full of fun, beautiful coat in the sun & a big smile. Couldn't capture him on camera
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 by xxlynne

Walked in the sunshine with Darcy today swoon love this boy's looks; personality; healthy coat..he has it all. Fab family dog but needs a harmonious family as he flinched when I made a fast movement which was sad to see.
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 by Ali12345

What a stunner this boy is :D He has got something about him that says fun but not in a too bouncy sort of way. Lovely lad but unsure of you at first then once he knows you he is your friend.
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 by Maggie

Walked Mr Darcy this afternoon, he pulled initially but soon settled into his walk with Martin, Stanley and Barney.

He was good with the other dogs and if you're still there Mr Darcy when we come back from our holidays we know a sweet red lady staffie that would love a day out with you!!!

Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 by Ali12345
I walked Darcy today and he was keen to make friends with other dogs. Still a little nervous in kennels of new people but easily comes round with a treat and a kind word. Sure this boy won't be with us long :D
Alison
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 by Antoine

Once out of his kennel, this boy is as friendly as a Staffie can be: beware of the kisses :lol:

Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Mon May 03, 2010 by Antoine

The dog is lovely too :D

Mr. D'arcy can be a bit stressed in his kennels, but once out he is a totally different dog, loving and playful.

Scary moment: Mr. D'arcy just about to Staffie kiss me... :lol:

Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Thu May 06, 2010 by Antoine

Mr D'arcy is such a sweet boy. He reminds me so much of my dad's labrador, both from his appearance and his willingness to play.
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Sat May 08, 2010 by Charlie + Ted

Loads of energy today but still had a few moments chill out time...

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”