Mongo (Daniel Craig) Staffie DOB 07 - 16th August 2021

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
Rescue Remedies

Mongo (Daniel Craig) Staffie DOB 07 - 16th August 2021

Post by Rescue Remedies »

18.8.21: Hi all.
This is Hilary, Mum of Mongo (formerly Daniel Craig) who we adopted in 2012.
I am heartbroken to tell you that we said goodbye to him on Monday 16th August 2021.
He remained his happy, smiling, food-loving, cuddly self until the end.
We are heartbroken.
Hilary & Nick
Daniel.jpg
Daniel's Thread Below:
HomedMar 02, 2011 10:53 pm
Homing Requirements: Daniel needs a sensible Staffie family who treasure him for the wonderful Staffie he is! A rescue family is about what they can offer their dog and Daniel needs that support, a medium to large secure garden with no visiting pets. Eyes are sensitive but with attention recover. Daniel will be retained on an extender and meets dogs well away from the kennel environment. No cats or small furries.

His Story: Daniel was found stray and unclaimed. We took him at the 11th hour as he ran out of time in the pound. He has won our volunteer dog walkers hearts. Now neutered, chipped, wormed, fully vax'd, etc.
Video: Daniel enjoying a run
Video: Daniel meets terriers
Video: Daniel needs up with 2 in the puddle!

Advert: Daniel with the 'ears', no one can ever forget! He makes you laugh but is loyal and true in his heart and intentions. He adores companionship but could be left during part-time work hours. Daniel welcomes people but would prefer older children or adult family with a more settled lifestyle. Newly retired couple or a work from home situation would be great for him. Daniel travels well in the car.

Daniel is a dark brown brindle with a white chest. His coat has improved since he came into our care and it is beginning to glisten. Daniel is a treasure and is so different away from kennels. We would love to get him into foster or ideally find his very own home in the near future. His signature tune is 'Love me do!'

Please visit Daniel's thread on our forum on our Forum to find out more about him and follow his progress.

If you are interested in re-homing please complete Our on-line Homing Questionnaire so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.

Watch Daniel's Thread below: See his progress through our Rescue
Referral details:15th Dec 2010 Hello Dee, Very many thanks for coming back to me so quickly.
The two dogs aren't from the same family, they just happened to come in at the same time.
I have had a long chat with the kennel manager where the dogs are and we agreed that we would do all we can to rehome them both from our kennels. He says that they are both rehomeable with the right home.
Thank you for agreeing to take them, but luckily they can stay put.
Jo x

Other dog went to RSPCA..Daniel came to us today as they didn't manage to find as suitable home for him.
Rescue Remedies_3

Re: Daniel (Craig) Staffie DOB 07 Stroud Glos

Post by Rescue Remedies_3 »

Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 by xxlynne

Introduction to Daniel today to welcome him into our family. He loved his walk along the back field. He didn't react to walking past the other dogs down the narrow kennel path but did react to dogs walking past his kennel bless.

Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 by anne

made a new friend today- the lovely Daniel. He greeted me nicely, was a bit wriggly while trying to put the harness on but he tried to help with lifting his legs for me. Once out in the field he is a very busy dog, sniffing everything. He was very good on the lead but is stong for his size. We had a lovely calm walk in the sunshine and he took everything in his stride. He didn't seem to mind, other dogs, mud, puddles or traffic. Loves cuddles and belly rubs and has a typical affectionate Staffie temprament.
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 by hoonercat

I had the pleasure of walking Daniel on Saturday during the group walk. I was really pleased to be walking him as I'm a real Staffie lover and he is gorgeous, he's in very good condition and despite his size is very strong

Daniel likes to sniff absolutely everything he passes, he's very good on the lead but gets a bit agitated when other dogs and walkers are in front of him. At first I thought he wanted to say hello to the dogs/walkers but thinking about it he may just prefer being at the front all the time (one of my brother's Staffies is exactly the same, cannot relax unless he's being walked in front of the other dogs). I say this because he didn't react to the barking rotties in the garden we passed and he walked past the lovely Ringo without so much as a sniff once were back in the kennels field.

After the walk I made a fuss of him and he had a good belly rub, he's a very friendly chap without being over excitable, so no jumping up or face licking.
I'll get some pics up at the weekend.
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 by chinquest

another walk with the lovely Daniel today, gorgeous boy

Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 by lollydeakins

I met Daniel before he set off on his walk, got a couple of pictures but he really just wanted to get on with the serious business of walking and I can't blame him.

Lovely handsome boy, will def get more photos next time, bit too excited today.
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 by chinquest

Daniel was ... well Daniel today an all over nice boy :)

Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 by Olivia

My friend Dario walked Daniel today. Daniel was quite over excited to be out with all the dogs today. Dario had cancelled his British Military fitness training in Victoria Park to come out with us today which was just as well as what Daniel really needed was a good run.
Daniel got his run, and a fab walk. Dario was pretty tired but it worked Daniel was calm and great by the end. He was calm with the other dogs and very well behaved. Well apart from when he mugged me for my treat bag and swiped the lot.
I really liked Daniel he made me smile a lot, and he just needs a couple of good walks a day and he would be good as gold.
He also has a lovely shaped head. Good looking dog.

Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 by anne

Daniel is a rather superior looking dog, very lean and muscular but with the cutest ears! Actually, he is a little softy. An easy companion to walk with, very busy sniffing everything and enjoying himself. He seems very good with other dogs, greeting them nicely. He loves mud and water. An all round lovely little Staffie!
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 by mholland25

I took Daniel out for the first time yesterday and what a lovely boy he is. Daniel was easy to harness up and to get in and out of the kennels. He can be a little bit pully at times but it is easily managable and he had really good energy. Once we got into the horse field he was really relaxed and just a lovely boy to walk. When I stopped for cuddles I sat down and Daniel leapt straight into my lap and snuggled right up to me, such a sweetie!

Cute ears from the front...

Cute ears from the back...

Smiley face

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”