Milo Jack Russell Terrier DOB 2001 - 2016 Waterlooville

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
Rescue Remedies

Milo Jack Russell Terrier DOB 2001 - 2016 Waterlooville

Post by Rescue Remedies »

Jun 21, 2011 8:47 pm
T'is with a very, very heavy heart I'm letting you know I let Milo go this afternoon.......he'd not been well this past week. He got very solitary and sad and would squeal when you touched him-in all differing areas. I couldn't let him carry on like that. So I had the vet round. He thinks he'd slipped a disc or hurt his neck in some way.
So he's at peace now and I'm heartbroken. He was a lovely, loyal, grumpy, growly, though affectionate little guy and I'm proud he spent his retirement with me. I never regretted adopting him for one second.
Thankyou for trusting me to look after him-it was an honour. Lynda X smiley-sad010.gif
MiloPeace.JPG
Milo.jpg

Milo's Thread Below:
Homing Requirements: Milo needs a stable family who can guarantee his security for the next ?7 years of his life (Milo is 10 years young). Milo needs to be around dog savvy children and not exposed to taunts and a family who doesn't hold his needs as central. Milo could be a companion with other dogs. His eyes may need ongoing care depending on response to current treatment.

Video: Click HERE When Milo Met Millie!!

His Story: Milo was homed through a 'Rescue' who had done nothing for Milo, but placed him in with a family whose cats were removed forcibly by another Rescue. The family wanted to rehome him after 4 weeks as Milo wasn't tolerating their 2 year old patting him; he was just growling. He was however tolerating other young children, a cat, a kitten and life in a chaotic flat. He came to us crawling in fleas. Milo is neutered, flea treated, chipped, 1st vax'd. His teeth are in good shape though they carry tartar, but his gums are healthy. He is currently receiving eye drops once a day and finishing a course of antibiotics.

Advert: Milo is a great, accomplished, short legged Jack Russell. He is an older gentleman but don't forget at the age of 10, he is equivalent to 50 years in Jack Russell terms as they often live 'til 16-17 years or more. Milo rubs along with dogs well both in the house and outside. He walks with a chirpy gait to put a smile on your face and a skip in your step.

Milo is a slightly shy but amenable 'Jack'. The chip company reportedly stated to his last owner that he has 17 addresses ... we have yet to verify this as only a responsible family changes the chip details. We can't see how he could have had 17 responsible homes ... as this is not a dog with issues. BUT Yes his key issue now is he has had many homes and is craving stability. He is trying to make sense of life and perhaps needs you to reassure him that Life IS kind and LIFE cares.

Please visit Milo Jack Russell Terrier DOB 01 Waterlooville on Our Forum to find out more about him and follow his progress.

If you are interested in re-homing please completeOur on-line homing questionnaire so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.

Milo's thread below: Watch his progress through our RescueReferral Details: Contacted by a lady that does cat rescue who has a connection with Milo's now ex owner. Milo was homed from the pound; great with people, dogs and live-in cat but growling at the 2 years old live-in child. Owner contacted chip company but couldn't afford to have her details changed over but the man in the chip company told him Milo has had 17 different homes.

More details to emerge but Secret Squirrel went to collect him this evening and is in love and in tears. Picture from the car. He is crawling with fleas and the house he came out of was very dirty. Eyes are very sore but on medication. Need to check with the vets re whether they flea treated and what their assessment was on the 14th.
Rescue Remedies_3

Re: Milo Jack Russell Terrier DOB 01 Waterlooville

Post by Rescue Remedies_3 »

Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 by JillyAllen

Poor little Milo you cannot imagine can you. But all wrapped up in love now and soon to repair all the damage done hopefully. One loving home is all it will take.
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 by sevret squirrel

Met Milo, frontlined vis visit to a supermarket, fed and safe
Milo is staying with my friend Lindsey and her 2 young daughters and 2 rescue dogs (separated at present because of the fleas)
Milo is gentle, quiet, no barks, no sounds, takes treats gently and sat on Anna's lap for hours then slept in her arms.
Skin sore, eyes sore, on steriods and antibiotics from the PDSA
was ridden with fleas.

Video: Milo in the car on his way to a new life!

PS I know the "rescue" where this dog came from and they wanted £60.00 to take the dog back, the owners felt nothing and leaving the house you wipe your feet! Sorry but feel angry as Milo is so lovely.
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 by TerenceT

I am sure this dear little lad will find a home quickly.
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 by Muppet

He looks a lovely quiet terrier, quite happily taking his treats and having a look out of the car window in a 'whats happening now' way. Lovely boy - hope he gets the loving home he so clearly deserves
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 by looby

what this poor little man must have been through having all those homes and being pased about like that doesn't bear thinking about, and yet he still seems to be a lovely natured dog,at least his next home will be his forever home thanks to T.R.
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 by Mrs P

Oh he is gorgeous, big old ears and patches. Poor lad looks like he's really appreciating those treats. Onwards and upwards little fella
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 by secret squirrel

Lindsey's update

He's fine with the children not paid any attention to them, comes for a fuss and follows Lindsey around the garden off the lead. He is very interested in the rabbits and guinea pigs, typical terrier reaction when the guinea pigs squeak. Slept in the crate, clean, no mess walks on the lead nicely.
Lindsey thinks he's older than 8. Tonight while walking, a dog bolted out of a house and did not retaliate just carried on walking, he just wants a quiet peaceful life.

He can't go into a kennel, foster home only
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 by montyjack

Bless him, 17 homes I bet his paws didn't even have time to touch the ground in some places
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 by secret squirrel

Thank you to my friend Lindsey for emergency fostering Milo

In 48 hours Milo's skin looked 100% better after his soreness from the flea bites. Lindsey was so sad to part with him. Thanks to Anna who travelled with me today to meet Lynne and nursed Milo on our journey.

Now meet Milo who will be snapped up so quickly as he is such an adorable JRT and so easy with other dogs and people

When Milo Met Millie!!

And of course starring the delicious Millie

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”