Frizbee Scottie x Terrier DOB ?06 - Nov 2019 New Jersey USA

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
Rescue Remedies

Frizbee Scottie x Terrier DOB ?06 - Nov 2019 New Jersey USA

Post by Rescue Remedies »

Little old Frisbog pretty well told us he’d had enough. He could barely see, barely hear, had problems walking and had become incontinent. Most of all he was clearly not comfortable and in pain most of the time, regardless of the meds and CBD oil (which had undoubtedly elongated his life). He would struggle to get comfy on his bed and basically slept most of the time when he could. He still enjoyed a cuddle, but these were brief, as he struggled to relax and often grumbled when we picked him up.

In the last few days, he really wasn’t interested in his daily walk around the yard (it had been a couple of months since he could manage a proper outing) and breakfast became an optional meal for him (unheard of before!) He was shutting down in front of us and we really didn’t want him to suffer an emergency episode. So I made an appointment and took him in to the vet, and the little old man shuffled off in dignity. He even managed to cock his leg as a parting gesture in the vet’s office. It still breaks my heart to think about him, but he fell asleep on my lap and is now at peace. The best friend anyone could hope for. The end of an era.

Thanks to the rescue and Peter for delivering us such a good companion.
images.jpeg
Frizbee's Thread below:
Apr 02, 2011 12:19 am HomedHoming Requirements: Frizbee needs a terrier aware family without young children. He could live with other dogs. Needs regularly grooming every 4-5 months.

His Story: Frizbee was found stray and homed with one of the kennel staff. He on several occassions was a little retorical back when strongly reprimanded, just catching clothing but she could keep him living with children. He is neutered but still to be vax'd.

Advert: Frizbee is a Scottie cross judging by his long nose. He is wirehaired He has a lively and cheerful disposition. He is great to walk and he loves to play with dogs so would suit a family without such young children. Frizbee is jolly and is ready for 'delight'. He would mix with visiting grandchildren providing they dont start pitching their wits against him all will be well. In terrierrescue we never recommend the confrontation approach terriers are very easily distracted; manipulated and attracted away from undesireable into 'best boy' behaviours.

Frizbee will be a joy to the experienced terrier person; they will laugh and they meet the challenge of shaping his behaviour. Frizbee is going to be the gardener; the laundry sorter; the postalarm and visitor's dancer and charmer! Happy to live with other dogs and extender lead until proven to be beyond distraction. Smile..chuckle and chatter. Frizbee will be easy in the right family.

Please visit Frizbee Scottie x PattiTerrier DOB ?06 Littlehampton on the forum to find out more about her and follow her progress.

If you are interested in re-homing please complete our homing questionnaire so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.

Rescue Remedies

Re: Frizbee Scottie x Terrier DOB ?06 Littlehampton

Post by Rescue Remedies »

Frisbee has been with us a whole year and is enjoying life to the full.

His pal, Bonnie is now past 14 and still gloriously indifferent to him, although occasionally she'll try to chase him.

Frisbee especially enjoys: chasing his ball, cuddling up on the sofa, chasing birds, bees and flies, sneaking upstairs and crawling into the bed, and of course, barking and talking about everything (takes after me). He does shut up though when glared at (again, like me). His nicknames are endless, but include: Sir Barkalot, Sir Charles Barkshire, Barkman, Rocket Pants, Frisbog.....the list is never ending.

Through it all, his cheery character shines through and he is friends with everyone. He's probably my best friend too, truth be known.

Thanks again to all for the assistance last year - especially Peter for his efforts and I hope life in Kingston is up to scratch.

Photo attached of Frisbog, awaiting walkies.

JohnnyMack

Re: Frizbee Scottie x Terrier DOB ?06 New Jersey USA

Post by JohnnyMack »

Well time flies and you've got a new forum!

It looks like some of the history didn't get transferred so I thought I'd update! I hope Peter from Kingston is still active on this site? He brought Frisbee to us and did a sterling job of fostering him.

Frisbee has been with us for over 5 years now and he's getting to be a very active little old man. We moved to the US 18 months ago and he now has a new pal - Jessie, who we took in as a tiny pup from a Kentucky rescue. She loves Frisbee - he's apathetic toward her. At least when I'm about!

'Frisbog' is in pretty good health and has even learned how to do most of the agility apparatus at the local dog park. Not bad for a 10-12 year old. Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks? Otherwise, he just likes to cuddle up on the sofa. When Jessie lets him.
Frisbee and Jessie
Frisbee and Jessie
JohnnyMack

Post by JohnnyMack »

Frisbee. Singing. In all his glory!
IMG_1966.JPG
nina

Post by nina »

Brilliant pictures Peter is still very much around I will make sure he sees this xxx
aloepeter

Post by aloepeter »

Yes, I'm still here! Was thinking about Frisbee just the other day when reading Susie the Scottie's thread. Thanks, John, for taking such good care of the lad and keeping us all updated. Can't believe it's been five years .... :)
JohnnyMack

Post by JohnnyMack »

Great to hear from you Peter! I plan to post occasionally as he's turned out to be such a good pal, or as my wife puts it 'John's Stalker'!
Take care and if you ever find yourself in the greater NYC area, look us up!

John, BB and Frisbee.
JohnnyMack

Post by JohnnyMack »

Another year or so with Frisbee, since I last posted. He's like my oldest friend.

He's becoming a little old man now. He's probably about 11 or 12, I think. This summer in NJ was pretty hot and I think this slowed him down quite a bit. As well as his friend and tormentor, Jessie, we now have an 8 month old Westie, called Lucky. Lucky was a rescue. A puppy mill, pet shop westie bought by an old man for company, who I reckon soon realised that terrier pups are weapons-grade trouble!

All the best to everyone - hope all's good with you Peter?!
IMG_5731.JPG
Frisbee with his buddies
Frisbee with his buddies
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

thumbs.gif thumbs.gif thumbs.gif love4.gif Frisbee love you greetings to you.... place your election vote wisely
JohnnyMack

Post by JohnnyMack »

We are in shock as The Donald sweeps to power :doh.gif:

Also forgot to add that we did one of those DNA tests on the old fella and it turns out that he's mainly Scottie with a bit of Toy Poodle, which accounts for his vocal nature!

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”