Ruthie Staffie DOB 07 - 24th June 2021

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
Rescue Remedies

Ruthie Staffie DOB 07 - 24th June 2021

Post by Rescue Remedies »

25th June 2021 Hi Lynne

Not the email I wanted to send you.

Just wanted to let you know that yesterday Ruthie had to be put to sleep, I was with her at the end and I am absolutely devastated, I know she was elderly, but it happened so quickly, she started being sick, then couldn't stand, gone with in 24 hours. she was my little soul mate.

love Julie
Ruthie.jpg
Ruthie's Thread
Nov 21, 2011 8:50 pm Current Status Homed Homing Requirements: Ruthie needs a dog experienced owner with loving kindness. An only dog to insure she has stability for the rest of her life. Ruthie is however good with dog but can be a tad possessive over sticks. Ruthie is proven to live with very young children. Ruthie is noise sensitive and concerned around fireworks.

Video: Ruthie enjoying off lead running

Her Story: Ruthie is larger than life! She was ousted out of her home when she was usurped by a younger dog, and the family couldn't find an alternative home for her. The vet got her signed over to them. Ruthie had an injury on her head synonymous with being hit with a heavy object. Ruthie came into our rescue in 2011, was fostered successfully over Xmas with another male Staffie and a 4 year old child. She was homed for a year in with a family with 4 very young children but the parents split and the husband couldn't take her with him. Ruthie is fostered in Staines. She is neutered and vax'd.

Advert: Ruthie is a softie. Ruthie is not confident in kennels but wonderful once past their walls. Ruthie walks really well on the lead and enjoys the companionship of her 'family'. She meets people and dogs well, will sit at the hint of a treat and offer paw. Ruthie is excellent around children accepting with subservience. Ruthie is comfortable with dogs. The only mishap in foster was an argument over a stick, in the first few days but easily resolved. She is receptive and respectful. Ruthie is a dream in the home; very comfortable and relaxed company. She needs good quality food to nourish her, a good exercise regime and would enjoy closeness.

Ruthie is a large brindle Staffie who needs the stability of caring owners as a foundation to her self-confidence. She trusts and impresses all. She loves to sit on your lap(!) or by your feet in a comfy bed. With reassurance and a gentle voice, Ruthie has to be one of the easiest dogs to manage. She needs reassurance and she is there offering you her heart and everything she owns ... and that is a very big heart!

Interested in homing Ruthie? Please click to complete our on-line homing questionnaire to match a suitable dog with your lifestyle.

Please note that this dog is currently in boarding kennels and is also available for foster until a 'forever' home is found.

Please visit Ruthie's thread on our forum to find out if she is still available and for fuller details. For daily updates Click our forum link and you will find the full range of dogs available for homing.

***PLEASE NOTE: We are a rescue finding dogs their forever homes. We usually ask for a minimum donation of £175 at the time of adoption, for each dog, to help us continue helping homeless dogs***

Watch Ruthie's Thread below: See her progress through our Rescue
Referral Details: Hi, lynne Its Gemma Morgan from Companion Care vets Redditch. Thank you so much for your help in this situation we really appreciate it. The Dog is a Staffordshire bull terrier, 4 years old, neutered, microchipped, in good condition from what we can see. They just brought her in to be put to sleep following a fight with another unspayed bitch in the household. We will keep her here at the practice until we hear from yourselves. Kind regards. Gemma Vet nurse

Ruthie needs to come into us
xxlynne

Re: Ruthie Staffie DOB 07 Langley Green Crawley

Post by xxlynne »

Ruthie was a large Staffie girl who was with us sometime and I remember she had a Christmas foster with one family in Tunbridge Wells with another Staffie...and was homed in Littlehampton with a young family and children for a short time. Sadly her old forum thread was lost when we moved forums but she has always stayed close in my mind and I have kept periodic contact with Ruthie's owners Julie and Ben

here are few pictures I have on Ruthie
Ruthie (2).jpg
Ruthie (9).JPG
Ruthie1 (1).jpg
Ruthie1 (2).jpg
Ruthie1 (3).jpg
Ruthie1 (4).jpg
Ruthie1 (5).jpg
In foster
In foster
Ruthie1 (7).jpg
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Christmas foster
Ruthie1 (9).jpg
Ruthie1 (10).jpg
Ruthie1 (12).jpg
Ruthie1 (14).jpg
Ruthie1 (15).jpg
Ruthie1 (16).jpg
Ruthie1 (18).jpg
Ruthie1 (20).jpg
Brief Homing
Ruthie1 (17).jpg
Ruthie1 (11).jpg
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Got a lovely Christmas card from Julie, Ben and Ruthie and made me smile...so pleased Ruthie is still with us at 13 years old
staffylevi

Post by staffylevi »

Lee with Ruthie
Lee with Ruthie
I remember this lovely girl. Me and Lee picked her up and we met up again on a charity walk. What a beaut she was and so glad she is doing so well. Heart fill with love.gif]
2011-11-22 11.56.57.jpg
Doin' it for the staffies ...
xxlynne

Re: Ruthie Staffie DOB 07 - 24th June 2021

Post by xxlynne »

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

So sad to hear Ruthie left Julie yesterday. She was so very special and as we all know our dogs somehow develop into the most loveliest of lovelies in their old age.

Thinking of Julie and her family and friends.... She live to a good age she was so happy and so loved

All our love...
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

What a gorgeous girl Ruthie was Heart fill with love.gif] I'm so sorry you have lost your old girlie, and Lynne is right, how we cherish our darling oldies xxxx
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
staffylevi

Post by staffylevi »

So sorry Julie, Ruthie was a lovely girl who had a wonderful life thanks to you. Rest in Peace sweet Ruthie. xxx
Doin' it for the staffies ...

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”