Rhea Rottie DOB 01.06 - 11.18

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
Rescue Remedies

Rhea Rottie DOB 01.06 - 11.18

Post by Rescue Remedies »

Rhea.jpg
Rhea ex RR dog we adopted on st Valentine's day 2009 when she was 3 years old, sadly passed over to Rainbow Bridge early November We miss her terribly but we did have a blast together Verena
Rhea.jpg
Rhea's Thread below:
Jan 19, 2009 11:36 am
Rhea grew up in a multi dog household, joining a Collie cross and then when she was 18 months, 2 staffie pups joined her pack which she help to nurture and became her best friends. Rhea is now 3 yrs old.Rhea is a light framed Rottie with a very friendly outgoing disposition. She has always lived with children and currently is fostered with an 11 and 14 yr olds. She is welcoming of visitors and meeting people outside. She is spayed vax'd and chipped.

Rhea is an ambassador for the breed and wins friends where ever she goes. She was accustomed to being exercised off lead in her former home but her fosterer rightly currently contains her on a lead outside. Rhea has lived with cats and currently is learning to ignore chickens.
Rescue Remedies_3

Re: Rhea Rottie DOB 01.06 Milton Keynes

Post by Rescue Remedies_3 »

Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 by ali12345

We are fostering Rhea and she is settling in well. Having lived in a house with a family she is used to daily life. I took her to meet the kids from school yesterday and she was fine but was fascinated by the hockey practice on the astroturf. She waited patiently and sat down after a while.
Sleeps well at night and even during the day. She does need her walks and playtime but she isn't high energy otherwise. She loves her fuss but isn't overinsistent. Likes to lie at your feet. She is interested in birds but just stands at the door and looks at the chickens in their run when I feed them in the morning. Initially she barked at them quite insistently. She reacts well to dogs barking in their gardens when we walk past and at most mutters a small bark. She is perplexed about next doors collie barking for ages in the garden. Rhea does have a big deep bark but uses it infrequently which is nice because we have a deaf greyhound who barks a high pitched bark when they play together and it would be pandemonium if she joined in!
Will keep you up to date on her adventures as we find out more about her.
Alison
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 by ali12345

She is definitely a bright girl. After many years of walking greys and lurchers I was amazed when she figured out that you have to go back when your lead is round a tree!
Alison
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 by ali12345

I forgot to say Rhea loves to play fetch and is very gentle when she brings it back. Also she takes treats very gently - no snatching. She is enjoying a lot of play with our greyhound Millie, just not always when it is convenient!
Outside things are a little harder - she is strong on the lead and I will be using a halti or similar when I get hold of one.
But she is in no way unmanageable around other dogs - she just pulls most of the time out of eagerness. No problems being left for several hours although the occasional accident by the door if I am gone for too long, or at least it is probably her, can't be certain.
Has learned that beds and sofas are for people but when excited or we are out of the room it is a different matter.
She has put on a little weight which is great. She has Chappie dry which is available all day but she doesn't overeat. She has an interesting habit like a hamster of taking a lot of food into her mouth then eating it elsewhere!
That's all for now. If Rhea and our lurcher got on better she would be staying here. It is our lurcher who is uncomfortable with her. She gets on fine with dogs generally and would love to share her home with canine friends. We have never had a rottie before and she is a great introduction to the breed.
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 by ali12345

Rhea is settling in now and is starting to feel at home here. She now worries about things that are different - noises etc and barks. She barked at the post for the first time. She also barked at a dog who came to the front door with a neighbour. I think once she is established her guarding instincts will come out. But no aggression at all just concern on her part. Once she knows something isn't a problem she settles. She loves to play tug of war with our young greyhound and gracefully loses sometimes. Fetch is also a favourite.
Walking has got easier with a canny collar. I think with training she will walk fine. She was just used to mainly off lead I think.
Alison
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 by ali12345

Rhea loves the snow! She bounds through it. Will try and get some pics later.
Alison

Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 by Katie

Lovely lovely pics!! Espeically the one with her new bezzie mate You can see the size of her next to your Hound!
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 by Dee

Aw such lovely pictures. Rhea looks like she is having such a blast
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 by ali12345

We have now been approached by several barking badly behaved dogs and Rhea has behaved well. Pulls a bit but no hint of aggression , just bemusement.
She enjoyed todays's walk because it was through snow and twice as long as our normal long walk. I lost my keys and a long story. My other 2 were still going but pleased to be home but she had energy to spare. She is making up for it this afternoon though by sleeping.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/23528841@N04/3252953563/
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 by ali12345

We will so miss Rhea when she goes to a new home. She is so gentle. We would have loved to keep her if our lurcher accepted her happily. But it has told us we would like to foster more rottie girls so long as they are good with kids and dogs.
Alison

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”