In loving memory of dogs that have passed
Rescue Remedies

Lucas Staffie DOB 2007 - 2018

Post by Rescue Remedies »

Lucas
Lucas
Lucas and is mate Jake who he has recently joined in heaven
Lucas and is mate Jake who he has recently joined in heaven
Lucas loved life and brought such joy to his owner Julia and all he met. Sadly he died after a prolonged illness following an accidental
snake bite
Lucas.jpg
Lucas's Thread below:
xxlynne Sep 30, 2010 8:52 pm Homed

Homing Requirements: Lucas is an emotional Staffie. He loves life and above all people. He needs a family who can work with him to build up his tolerance to being left. He probably would live with another dog as he is dog fluent. Good with children. To sleep in his owner's bedroom.

His Story: Lucas was taken in by an older lady who had heard he was being mistreated. She then went into a home and her daughter has tried to find him another home. She works abroad a lot so Lucas has needed to spend a lot of time in kennels. His people mean a lot to him and he wants companionship above all else, an "at home situation" as he suffers separation anxiety. Lucas is neutered and chipped.

Advert: Lucas is a half pint sized Staffie. A concentrated happy chappie, whose heart is very big and he will open the heart of many during his life time. Lucas mixes with dogs very well outside and is an off lead dog other than around streets. He hasn't met dogs inside so far. He will chase cats that come in the garden as most dogs will. He is full of laughter, but gets upset when left. He needs to build tolerance in this area and has broken out of a crate in his desperation. This is his one issue, but when everything else is perfect wha hay! Lucas loves his food and has grown to love the car.

Lucas has had an unsettled life. Three homes to our knowledge and a lot of in and out of kennels. The Staffie lover will be blown away by him. He is an ambassador for his breed. He is a compact dollop of goodness, an anti-depressant indeed. Lucas would love his own garden and adores his walks. Life could get happier for all concerned and Lucas of all dogs so deserves the bestest of the best!

Please visit Lucas's thread, in Staffierescue Rescue Remedies http://rescueremedies.myfastforum.org/s ... .php#42140 on our Forum to find out more about him and follow his progress.

If you are interested in re-homing please complete our homing questionnaire https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/forms/r7x3s5/ so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.

Rescue Remedies_2

Re: Lucas Staffie DOB 07 Royston Herts

Post by Rescue Remedies_2 »

xxlynne 10:01 PM - Sep 30, 2010

Lucas came into our care on the 24th September. He is a cheerful chappie ready to impress and please dancing at the door of his kennel. Met him for the first time properly today and so impressed. He delighted in his run around and I delighted in him!

Rescue Remedies_2

ali12345 9:32 PM - Oct 01, 2010

Lucas came out today as the new boy with a new walker and he was a charmer :D Calm once out on his walk and easy to manage. Seemed a little worried about the other dogs and walked on the other side of his walker just to be sure.
Rescue Remedies_2

Susiebee 2:25 AM - Oct 05, 2010

Walked Lucas Saturday along with Guy who took Brooke.

I love Ali's post that he is calm out on his walks - we found this and he seemed quite content to walk alongside Brooke once we were in the horse fields.

He's a great dog to walk and I would recommend him. Lots of loving glances up at me as we walked too - very endearing.

I am however learning 'Ali speak' and I think 'calm out on his walk' is also code for 'get's very excited when you collect him from his kennel'. He was super excited to see me and took some convincing to put the harness over his head. Plus I was trying a new harness which wasn't helping matters given that I don't learn fast :lol:

All well natured though and I think he may just be getting used to kennel life and wearing harnesses however Guy and Brooke did have a little wait for us in the field whilst I harness juggled to get it on him.

Cute dog though - I'd definitely be keen to take him out again.
Rescue Remedies_2

ali12345 5:54 PM - Oct 08, 2010

Yes Lucas does take some persuading that a harness is a good idea :lol:
Lovely walk again today with Lucas. Walked nicely alongside Brooke and met up with a couple of dogs in the field. Just waited patiently while we chatted.
An old fashioned couple out for a stroll:

Lucas is full of joy to get out and about and loves life but in a very mild mannered way. Will make someone a lovely companion. He is still finding his feet at the kennels but hopefully he won't have time to get too settled before he is making himself at home in his new home life.
Rescue Remedies_2

Susiebee 6:23 AM - Oct 09, 2010

Yes ..hopefully he won't be here long just so easy going.
Plus he will laugh at all your jokes. Here he is with Alison clearly saying "oh that's just the funniest thing I've ever heard Alison, tell us another".

Rescue Remedies_2

ali12345 5:39 PM - Oct 15, 2010

Lucas was very well behaved for a novice dog walker today. Such a reliable chap but could do with lots of walks to keep him in trim :D
Rescue Remedies_2

xxlynne 12:00 AM - Oct 18, 2010

Enjoyed a lovely walk with Lucas on saturday. What an easy joyful soul. Would suit first time dog owner let a long first time Staffie owner. so responsive so connected and delighted to meet dogs stiffens up but in an excited "how do you do" mode..

You stop and immediately Lucas is heading back to you!

Rescue Remedies_2

Sandra Daniel 5:06 PM - Oct 23, 2010

I had walked three dogs on Fridays induction day. Alison was giving last minute treats to the dogs and I caught sight of Lucas. Such a dear little face I just couldn't resist !

I had a bit of a shock when I got into his kennels as looking at his face I didn't realise what a chunky boy he is. I had to make the harness bigger and he was getting really excited while I fiddled about.

Once outside he was so good. He kept looking behind to make sure I was still with him. I managed to find my way all the way round the walk - I thought I might get lost as I was on my own. I said to Alison that my sense of direction is awful.

We got to the field with the horses and the white one was standing right near the walkway. I'm not too hot on horses but Lucas just looked up at it and said to me, " Come on Sandra.... keep going."

He was a lovely boy and I'm glad I made the effort to take him out before I went home.
Rescue Remedies_2

mholland25 12:45 PM - Oct 26, 2010

I got to walk the lovely Lucas yesterday and within a few minutes I was considering dognapping him, he is adorable. He was a little excited in his kennel but with a slight of hand I managed to get him harnessed very quickly and easily and he was very easy to walk! Lucas hardly pulled at all and was constantly checking round with me for reasurrance. Dexter was being walked a little way in front and kept trying to pull back to say hello to us and everytime he did this Lucas just stopped and waited for instructions. He has obviously been well trained in the past but is so desperate to give affection and lovely kisses he can lunge at you occaisionally. This is a bit of a Staffie trait but it can easily be worked on, all he wants is to give you a kiss. so sweet :D

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”