Marcus Red Staffie 2004 - 03.09.2018

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
Rescue Remedies_2

Re: Marcus Red Staffie 2004 Richmond

Post by Rescue Remedies_2 »

xxlynne 08 Jun 2008 11:09 pm

Oh whow can't believe its been since Christmas day since having a Staffie in the house...bliss and boy those Staffie cuddles. :o My nose and cheeks are thoroughly clean thanks to Marcus's endeavours... he likes to lick your legs as well. He was at his food bowl... walked over licks your legs 4-5 times then back to his food bowl!
Rescue Remedies_2

xxlynne 09 Jun 2008 07:10 pm

Advert Marcus boy

Marcus is a super duper. Found stray and everyone who meets him can't believe his family isn't out there looking for him but no. His age has been guessed at between 2 years and 6 years. He is a lovely Turmeric or Curry powder colour 0002.gif] He is good with dogs; walks well on the lead and keep looking around at you; will walk long walks; short walks; any walk you want! He loves company but although sad to see you go settles when left. Marcus is housetrained and non destructive. Very licky though he'll lick your legs; your face; your hand... this is how he connects in with people. He would be good with children who are dog experienced.

Marcus is Mr nice guy. He is handsome, kind and social. A little wimpier when in unfamiliar car but settles if he knows his driver. Fine in the vets. The only thing is he is very keen on cats! and probably small furries.

Medium sized 17" to the shoulder PURE Staffie and in good health. Just been fully vax'd; neutered and chipped. He doesn't smile he laughs!

If you are looking for a lovely lovely dog Marcus is your man.

Rescue Remedies_2

xxlynne 11 Jun 2008 08:01 pm

Oh LOVE him what a perfect Staffie...came to the pub and was made a big fuss of by a Staffie owner (has 3 and just lost 1) Marcus played with a Border terrier pup in a perfect gentlemanly way. He then sat with his back to us looking at the comings and going. Oh yes then his back legs splayed and chill...the only movement was his eye brows as his eyes followed people around as his big head lay on his front paws.

Fully recovered from his op. Delighted we didn't go to the vets today but then he could have just popped in to say hello to his new friends.
Rescue Remedies_2

Mow 12 Jun 2008 09:44 am

Oh Marcus what an utter gent lol.gif I would have you in my life any day if I could. You have a very noble look about you x
Rescue Remedies_2

Sue 12 Jun 2008 04:40 pm

:D So delighted for you Marcus, when Dee & I met you we knew we wouldn't have you for long. Look out all you Staffie people Marcus is on his way to win your hearts
Rescue Remedies_2

Rigsby 12 Jun 2008 06:56 pm

I am rather falling for Marcus' charms.....
Rescue Remedies_2

reclaimingrebus 12 Jun 2008 11:37 pm
I am rather falling for Marcus' charms.....
Having had the pleasure of Marcus' company, I'd like to stress what a gent he is with other dogs.bringing him out of the kennels,we met the resident Rottie, nose to nose in a door way , which was entirely unexpected and could have led to problems, but both dogs were excellent, sniffed politely and went their separate ways.

He's a really nice boy, and was a pleasure to handle.
Rescue Remedies_2

xxlynne 13 Jun 2008 04:50 pm

Marcus as been 'taken' with the view to homing by Mick a local man who must walk 6-8 miles a day with his dog (s). Mick lost his Border Collie tragically on Saturday... he picked up a bone on his walk... despite the fact he got it off him he collapsed 2 hours later. On examination the vet found a splinter had ruptured through his stomach and he basically bled to death. Died on the op table. Mick used to own a Staffie and when he and Stella his terrier bitch, came to meet dogs... yes Marcus stole the show.

We shall see but certainly if he brings Marcus back he will have been well exercised and we'll know a little more about Mr Nice guy Marcus lol.gif
Rescue Remedies_2

SharonR 13 Jun 2008 04:58 pm

Ah bless, my heart goes out to him - I can understand what a shock it has been to loose his dog so unexpectedly - you just don't see it coming. I sincerely hope Spice is the one to help him get over it. Everything crossed for them both.
Rescue Remedies_2

reclaimingrebus 13 Jun 2008 05:55 pm

everything crossed for you Marcus. Good luck sweetheart. How very sad for Mick, though. what a nightmare!

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”