Stanley Boxer x Lurcher DOB 2011 Rayleigh Essex

Dogs that have found their forever home
Steven&Karen

Re: Stanley Boxer x Lurcher DOB 2011 Rayleigh Essex

Post by Steven&Karen »

Hi love4.gif
Sorry haven't had an update for ages, Hi Staffylevi
How sweet that Stanley Manley has been missed love4.gif
Stanley has had a very busy time lately - as the photos will show he's been on his holibobs again 5 days in his beloved Suffolk. September weather was fab but the tides were against us & poor Stanley doesn't 'do' pebbles & stones so wasn't interested in the beaches, so we took to the forests thumbs.gif
He was as good as gold in the very pretty cottage - Shoemakers Cottage in Friston (can highly recommend it as dog friendly) and so many pubs are dog friendly that we could eat out each day - The Old Chequers at Friston was both friendly & the food delicious, Stanley was given numerous treats by the owner, who though Stan was great.
Before we went away we had a Canadian friend stay with us for 9 days & this is something we would never have attempted a year ago, she had stayed for a couple of nights in April and Stanley greeted her like a long lost friend. Once he realised she was here to stay a lot longer he did revert to a bit of nibbling but Laura was very firm with him and she soon got him sitting by the side of her without him getting too excited.
Our baby Granddaughter has visited us & Stanley has behaved himself, we've introduced them to each other with a stairgate between them & he was very good whilst she was being held. Then when she was on her feet we employed a 2 stairgate system with a small room between them & other than a couple of little yips when she toddled over to look at him, he was very good, wagging his tail in a happy way. An excellent start to what will be a measured & safe introduction until they are both a lot older.
Stanley loves his dog walker Liz & she takes him out twice a week so that he gets different walks. We have used some of the Amichien training which is gentle & designed to take away some of Stanley's anxiousness in certain situations, it's worked very well. He's a much more chilled boy, we can now judge pretty much how he will behave & take appropriate measures to allow him to cope.
The settee is not an issue any more, he will let any of us touch his legs & tail & he's well behaved. He's filled out a bit, loves his food & has his carrots & is going a bit grey round the muzzle.
We both have a look round the RR site every month or so and are sad when we see that some of the doggies are still with you that were there with Stan, nearly 2 years ago in January. We really hope & pray that someone will come along who will give these dogs a chance, put some time in & watch them blossom. There isn't a quick fix to a dog who has been neglected or abused, they need time, love & patience then you will be handsomely rewarded with a loving companion.
Hope you like Stanley's photos, he is a very handsome boy & we love him very much xxxxx

Back home in Fairview Park, Rayleigh
Back home in Fairview Park, Rayleigh

Stanley squirrel scanning
Stanley squirrel scanning

Highest point at Dunwich Forest
Highest point at Dunwich Forest

Stanley at Orford
Stanley at Orford
staffylevi

Post by staffylevi »

FABULOUS!! thumbs.gif
Thank you so much for the update on this gawjus boy.. my god he is handsome...he is looking absolutely amazing. ..you guys have brought Stanley to a wonderful loving home; best of all you love and cherish him so much and that is all he ever wanted from life...a massive thank you from all of us and massive hugs for Mr Stan.xxx
Doin' it for the staffies ...
MrsP

Post by MrsP »

Sooooooooo lovely to see Stanley love4.gif He looks amazing, now we just need to clone you guys!
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Always a joy to get an update on Stan the man, love that he's living such a super life with his super family thumbs.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

What a wonderful update. Stanley looks so happy. Thank you as always for the love you show him, he deserved a wonderful family and that is what he got! :thanks.gif: 0093.gif love4.gif
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
Steven&Karen

Post by Steven&Karen »

:smiley-bounce016.gi: :smiley-bounce016.gi: :smiley-bounce016.gi:
Happy Gottcha Day Stanley
We can't believe it, 2 whole years since that snowy day we turned up to meet & bring home Our Stan love4.gif
Thank you RR for being such a fantastic model for how a rescue should be.
Here are photos of Our Stan actually looking at the camera for once, what a handsome boy. love4.gif

Am I allowed to sit here?
Am I allowed to sit here?

Have you been sleeping on my quilt Mr Stanley?
Have you been sleeping on my quilt Mr Stanley?

Don't I look handsome?
Don't I look handsome?
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

I LOVE this boy love4.gif

Always delight in a Stan the Man update, thankyou for giving him the most wonderful life xxx
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
staffylevi

Post by staffylevi »

Ah bless you Mr Stanley... was only thinking about him the other day. Fantastic pictures; he looks so proud... 'Just look at me.' He's so bloomin' gawjus.
HAPPY 'GOTCHA' DAY FELLA. Big Big hugs to you and your family... you so deserved your forever home. Thank you so much guys. xxx love4.gif love4.gif
Doin' it for the staffies ...
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Happy gotyerday Stanley I bet he is really settled now and really really believes he is staying. Thank you
Steven&Karen

Post by Steven&Karen »

Hi everyone just back from Stanley's Suffolk holibobs :smiley-dance017.gif:

We've had a lovely week in Tunstall with beach & forest walks at least twice a day to keep Stan the Man a very happy dog thumbs.gif

Thought we'd share a few photos to show you how Stan's been getting on.

Other news last month we had Canadian friends, Laura & Brian, staying with us for 4 days and Stanley, though he did on occasions get rather excited & had to be popped into another room, behaved very well. He had met Laura before but had never met Brian. By the end of the stay he was curled up on the settee with his head on Brian's lap. We were so proud of him love4.gif

We also had successful visits with Stan, who was behind a stairgate, greeting our 2 very small grandchildren quietly with a very waggy tail and gentle licks on our granddaughter's hand. love4.gif what a good boy

Admiring Snooks's statue at Aldeburgh
Admiring Snooks's statue at Aldeburgh

Windy Bawdsey Quay
Windy Bawdsey Quay

Freedom on Thorpeness beach
Freedom on Thorpeness beach

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”