Stanley Neapolitan Mastiff x DofB 01.11.19 Redhill

Dogs that have found their forever home
RosC

Re: Stanley Neapolitan Mastiff x DofB 01.11.19 Gatwick Kenns

Post by RosC »

Thank you for the kind comments, we are thrilled to be able to welcome Stanley in to our family and cant wait to bring him home soon. Until then we are trying to visit and walk him everyday.
He is young and can be silly and goofy but all you can see is an amazing and kind character.
Will update once he is home and settling in. Kiss of love.gif
RosC

Re: Stanley Neapolitan Mastiff x DofB 01.11.19 Redhill

Post by RosC »

Quick update on Stanley.
Stanley is a very good natured dog but is a bull in a China shop, completely unaware of his size and strength.
He is brilliant indoors and incredibly lazy. He met my Dad and was very gentle around him.
Outside we have been practicing walking without pulling or getting over excited at the sight of a person or other dog.
The pulling we are making progress on but he goes crazy seeing other dogs and is very strong so a lot of work needed there! It is all because he wants to play but he needs to learn he can't just charge over and needs to greet when allowed. Work in progress .... :smiley-chores002.gif:
We have said hello to a couple of dogs who had a go at him but I think that is because of his greeting technique! We have lots of work to do to try to make him focus on us instead of what is around him.
I took him to work earlier this week and he got tangled up in the car so I had to stop to untangle him and get him off the parcel shelf. We got out and he wouldn't get back in and just laid on his backin the road - after about 10 minutes of coaxing I looked up to see 2 police ladies who thought he was ill and wanted to help! 0002.gif] So another 5-10 minutes later with a group effort we had managed to get him back in the car! :smiley-dance010.gif: :smiley-dance010.gif:
Thankfully now he has decided he goes to nice places and just gets in.
Yesterday I made the mistake of using an extending lead so he could have a little run in the long grass. Big mistake and I ended up flat on my face when he got to the endof the lead, lesson learned and we won't make that mistake again roflmao.gif
Today we went to a secure field with my friend and her dog. He was being really silly until we let them run and then they had terrific fun thumbs.gif
Hopefully we can make progress with his exuberance so that he can be more social. Sleeping well tonight after all today's excitement woo.gif]

Finally got him in the car!
Finally got him in the car!

I like gardening!
I like gardening!

Snuggling next to Grandad!
Snuggling next to Grandad!

Making friends n the office!
Making friends n the office!

Julieh

Post by Julieh »

Brilliant update 🤣🤣I did laugh imagine you all trying to get him back in the car
Thank you for giving this beautiful boy such a wonderful home
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

Oh Ros, sorry, I did laugh, picturing you and the police trying to get the lump back in the car 0002.gif]
Hope your ok after being pulled over though OUCH! I hear this a lot with Lurcher owners. An enclosed field sounds a better option woo.gif]
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
Chrissy M

Post by Chrissy M »

Aw lovely , Stanley is in such good hands have fun Ross and family 💖🐕👍⭐️
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Ros, sorry but you had me laughing out loud at police and extender stories 0002.gif]
Hilarious, Stanley is clearly a big character aswell as a big dog thumbs.gif
Lovely videos too love4.gif
Have fun and keep the updates coming :havefun.gif:
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Jojokate

Post by Jojokate »

positivo1.gif big goof ball . He has a great tutor lol
RosC

Post by RosC »

Happy 2nd birthday to our wonderful Stanley k2727.gif
IMG-20211031-WA0002_resize_56.jpg
Thank you for letting this crazy boy share our lives!
Chrissy M

Post by Chrissy M »

⭐️💕🎂🥂Happy Birthday Stanley …… looking good !
RosC

Post by RosC »

We cannot imagine life without Stanley and love him to pieces. He is an absolute delight at home and walks beautifully on his walks. The only thing we need to conquer now is remaining calm around off-lead dogs. He is just too friendly but his strength when he wants to play and chase is hard to manage! He just doesn't realise his strength and exuberance!
Pictures at the secure field with his friend Luna- calm moments between over excitement. Poor Luna had been slobbered 0002.gif]

20211212_084335_resize_63.jpg

20211212_084333_resize_93.jpg

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”