Dionne Staffie x DofB 30.03.11 Loughborough

Dogs that have found their forever home
anne

Re: Dionne Staffie x DofB 30.03.11 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

Dionne walked with Jude today and she was very happy to have Marina and I tag along behind. Dionne wanted to take the lead and was quick to overtake if we got ahead but otherwise she impeccably behaved.

dionnemarina1DSCF2047.jpg
Rpage1

Post by Rpage1 »

Dionne took me for a walk today 😉
It was the first time we had met and she won me over pretty quickly.
Dionne was in an energetic mood and we led the way with Alfie behind and then Ruby in front.
Dionne was really interested to see another staffy girl with similar colourings and she didn't want to let Ruby get too far ahead! However Ruby was keen to forge onwards, so we bounced through the bramble and woods to keep up! (meanwhile Charlie and Alfie led us all astray on a fun detour 😉!)
At one point, when Dionne was in front, she started dawdling as she wanted to go back in the middle position. She really did enjoy following Ruby!
Dionne is a strong girl (then again I'm pretty weak!) and although she has the white eyebrows of an older girl, she has the energy and healthy bounce of a younger dog, which was lovely to see.
Dionne was very sweet and patient with me going in and out of her kennel and she took her treats gently.
She's a lovely girl - so nice in fact, that I went back to see her with extra treats before going home!
Jojokate

Post by Jojokate »

Beautiful girl ♥️
Sarah and Joe

Post by Sarah and Joe »

I had my first induction walk at the centre with Ros and she said we were taking Dionne today. Dionne was so patient while I adjusted her harness and then showed me the way round on the walk. First off she went to the toilet which is a good sign as it means she is holding on to it rather than messing her kennel. From then on she was mostly interested in sniffing and didn’t really give me much attention. She “checked in” regularly with Ros, who she knows, though. She is easy to direct and move on from a pause and will listen. I used “wait” at kerbsides to cross a couple of roads and she listened well. Arriving back at the centre I was shown the paddock and initially threw a couple of balls for her. Dionne ran after them enthusiastically but when she had caught it or it had stopped rolling she lost interest. So I began running round the paddock and that unlocked her. Suddenly I became a bit more interesting and she ran along side me looking up, it was great to see her energy. She has a good “sit” and reaction to her name being called and even weep the one further and offered her paw. I led her back to her kennel and she started eating her dinner leaving me to exit unmolested. Lovely dog. Joe
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

I have really fallen for this smashing girl. Dionne is such a nice dog, and I have found her to have a calm, solid, even temperament. She is gentle and has a great, funny character. On our walk, Dionne was excellent around other dogs. We had some paddock fun today and she enjoyed running around, playing with a ball, rolling and having cuddles. She is not an excitable dog and I would be happy to take her home if I could. Beautiful, funny girl Heart fill with love.gif]
IRS20210425_125315.jpg
IRS20210425_125359.jpg
IRS20210425_125421.jpg
IRS20210425_125443.jpg
IRS20210425_125506.jpg
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
Sarah and Joe

Post by Sarah and Joe »

It’s fair to say that Dionne likes to set the pace for her walk. We walked with two other dogs, well spaced out due to COVID considerations, and when she was out in front her pace was much slower as she regularly looked back for the others. If she was second or third though she pulled quite hard. She’s not that bothered about treats but is very responsive to her name so that doesn’t matter. Great temperament and, as most staffers are, loves affection.
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

In my opinion, Dionne is just the most darling, sweet natured, gentle dog. She is just gorgeous. We walked with other walkers and dogs today and she seems to prefer being with other dogs. In the paddock, so cuddly and loving. She followed me everywhere and is always gentle and caring. She hasn't been cat tested as far as I know, but we stood next to the cat in his pen and she ignored him. Maybe she didn't see him but worth checking. Dog friendly on walks and gentle, what else can we ask for? Beautiful girl.
IRS20210502_164255.jpg
IRS20210502_164324.jpg
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf »

Beautiful photos of the most beautiful girl Kiss of love.gif
Dionne has absolutely stolen my heart too, see is seriously beautiful with the kindest and most gentlest of nature Kiss of love.gif
So ready for a big old squishy sofa of her own love4.gif
anne

Post by anne »

I had the pleasure of Dionne's company this morning. She really is a gem!
dionne1DSCF2135.jpg
dionne2DSCF2136.jpg
dionne3DSCF2138.jpg
dionne4DSCF2139.jpg
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

I can spot your handiwork without even seeing your name on the post Anne - great photos of the lovely Dionne.

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”