Laila Spaniel x Terrier DofB 12th Dec 19 Gatwick Kenns

xxlynne

Laila Spaniel x Terrier DofB 12th Dec 19 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Available
lela1DSCF0364a.jpg
Laila's Story: Laila was bought as a "Staffie puppy" but it was clear she wasnt as she reached her 1st birthday. She is delightful though full of fun and good energy. Has had a few scares in her life, so can bark on meeting but it is very superficial and soon fades. found abandoned and unclaimed within a council pound. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving her life. Laila was now neutered, chipped, and is fully vaccinated. Laila is in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting her new family.

If interested in rehoming one of our dogs, the first step is to complete and submit our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. We do not discuss dogs without a homing questionnaire submission. You must be ready and sadly due to unprecedented interest, we will only be able to contact you if we have a suitable dog. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
lela2DSCF0363.jpg
lela3DSCF0361a.jpg
lela4DSCF0371.jpg
lela5DSCF0359a.jpg
lela6DSCF0368.jpg
Laila's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: We were asked to take Laila in as emergency as her family had to move accommodation and couldn't take her with them.
Milliemoo

Re: Laila Small crossbreed DofB Dec 19 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Milliemoo »

Little Laila came to stay with us for the night before she went into kennels. As Lynne said she can bark when meeting but it soon fades given time, then she is an affectionate girl.
She met my boys well and never took any notice when Biscuit gave her a little growl.
She is typical lively puppy and can mouth a little when excited but does stop with a "AHAH" and then she licks.
She was overjoyed when she found the toy box and didn't stop playing until bedtime!

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Little Laila has been through quite alot lately so will need time to unwind and settle, but she is such a sweet little girl and it was a pleasure to spend time with her Kiss of love.gif
131888614_10159196054166458_9061715405983216470_n.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

lela7DSCF0367.jpg
lela8DSCF0369.jpg
Salsi

Post by Salsi »

Had a lovely walk with Laila yesterday and we did some exploring which she was very excited about! You wouldn’t have thought she had been spayed the day before with the amount of energy she had!
She does have a tendency to pull when she sees a squirrel or something exciting but not too strong that I had no control of her.
We also encountered some horses during our walk which she wasn’t as excited for, she started quivering and I had to reassure her as they went passed and once they were gone she was back to normal.
Hopefully this lovely girl will find her forever home soon!
5160D1DE-BCE1-498E-92C9-D0475160E283.jpeg
9F9E5A02-FD2A-449E-A5FB-45FE8BFCE7EF.jpeg
3D74C938-73C8-4485-88CE-38599D8C8BDE.jpeg
Mon&Chris

Post by Mon&Chris »

This was my first walk with Laila and I did my best to make her feel comfortable. She was very happy to have a treat and started happily bouncing up and down in the kennel. Once out, she was full of energy and really excited. We set off for a long walk in the woods. She was really playful and affectionate.
Laila is a really soft and gorgeous puppy!
20201224_145946 small.jpg
20201224_145923 small.jpg
KathrynG

Post by KathrynG »

Met the lovely Laila for the first time on Sunday and I got a lovely bouncy puppy greeting. She was excited and keen to get going but let me clip on the leads with no problem.
Having read that she may be better with a social walk, we decided to follow Jan and Nick with Spencer and Flash.
Being only 1, Laila still has excitable puppy traits and so does pull quite a bit on the lead, but she was so well behaved around the other dogs and was clearly enjoying walking with them. Once she settled on her walk, the pulling decreased. She's also very responsive and imagine will be easy to train.Laila is a lovely, friendly girl and look forward to walking her next week. love4.gif
renatatlek

Post by renatatlek »

We walked Laila yesterday (Friday 1 Jan), it was our second time meeting this lovely bouncy girl. She loved her treats and waited nicely for them. As she is so full of energy I tried to run a bit with her, and noticed that after about 10 min. of running (did me well after too much food recently!) she was calmer, started sniffing more and coming for cuddles. Then walks mixed with runs and all in all, she seemed to have a really nice time. Such a lovely energetic girl!
20210102_120143.jpg
20210102_120203.jpg
Renata&Norbert
Mon&Chris

Post by Mon&Chris »

A bit late with our blog, we do agree with Renata and Norbert.
We walked Laila on Thursday. She had a lot of energy to burn, so we took her to the paddock and she loved it! She was in her element trying to catch the balls and was surprisingly good at bringing them back.
20201231_115512[12466]s.jpg
Beccastj

Post by Beccastj »

Laila came home for the day yesterday. She travelled very well in the car and I could barely tell she was there for most of the journey. We went for long walk and she passed dogs, people, cars and bikes well (but she does want to play with the leads). She decided to carry my glove for me when I dropped it in the mud.
90D1E642-A470-4948-AC74-44A7A49473AC.jpeg

Back at home she remained energetic and constantly playing and looking for toys or treats to chew. She picked up how to use the wobble kong quite quickly.
8192EDF7-3596-4401-A61C-119FAE9D0119.jpeg
7A9398AB-8500-4066-BE0C-17D9FFCE4A21.jpeg

It was time to return her to kennels and I hadn’t yet seen her stop for a rest, but she was quiet, settled and lying down on the journey back.
She’s a very happy dog, always wagging her tail, but full of puppy energy.
xxlynne

Re: Laila Small crossbreed DofB Dec 19 Wellingborough

Post by xxlynne »

Marcel and Claudia got up early this morning and travelled down with eye only for one little Laila. Paige did her homing and after antics in a very muddy paddock showered Laila ready for her journey home.
LailaHomed.JPG
LailaHomed1.JPG
Thank you Marcel and Claudia...she will have already gifted you her heart

Return to “Our Terrific Terriers (Terrierrescue.co.uk)”