Bonnie Staffie DofB 01.07.16 Horley

Rescue Remedies dogs that have found their forever homes
xxlynne

Bonnie Staffie DofB 01.07.16 Horley

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
bonnie9DSCF7023a.jpg
Bonnie's Story: Bonnie was in a council pound as 'found' but transpires she had been purchased a few weeks previous but found to be unsettled with dogs outside. Bonnie was home as a puppy and joined 5 other un-neutered and breeding dogs. She had an incident with one of the resident dogs when she was 5 years old and sold on soon after. That home realised she had never been walked and didn't understand a lead and passed her into the council pound. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving her life. Bonnie is now neutered, chipped, and Fully vaccinated. Bonnie was in boarding kennels near Gatwick now in temp foster as an only dog turning into her new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
bonnie2DSCF6983.jpg
bonnie4DSCF6968a.jpg
Bonnie6DSCF7019.jpg
bonnie7DSCF7034.jpg
Bonnie's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: We have been asked to help Bonnie find her new family

Bonnie came into our Rescue on the 10th July 2020
anne

Re: Bonnie Staffie DofB 01.07.16 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

Bonnie is a real sweetie who loves being with people. She is a little lost and overwhelmed being in kennels at the moment but she is settling. She was delighted to have the electrician working in her bedroom yesterday. I think she fell a little in love with him! I had the joy of having a little walk and cuddles with her when she arrived and then spending some time with her in the paddock with Mel.
bonnie8DSCF7020a.jpg
bonnie10DSCF7029a.jpg
bellywelly

Post by bellywelly »

She is a beauty. Will lookout for updates on her. :dog_running-186.gif:
anne

Post by anne »

Bonnie is unsettled at the moment and rather anxious. It is clear she loves people and gravitates towards them for attention. She is a gentle, loving soul. Yesterday Bonnie and I set off for a social walk with Genie and Rodney. Bonnie was initially anxious around the other dogs but walking at the back was very keen to keep up with them and not get left behind. She worried if we stopped, which was frequent as the 'boys' were stopping and sniffing a lot. It was a slow paced walk and Bonnie began to relax. Bonnie seemed to particularly like Rodney and kept moving closer to him as we walked. I think the attraction was mutual because Rodney tried to follow Bonnie back to her kennel.
I look forward to spending more time with the lovely Bonnie and getting to know her better.
doing her best to keep up with the boys
doing her best to keep up with the boys
bonnie2DSCF7057.jpg
bonnie3DSCF7058.jpg
taking a rest while Rodney took his time sniffing
taking a rest while Rodney took his time sniffing
sallyk42

Post by sallyk42 »

Bonnie is absolutely gorgeous! My grandson is in awe
KathrynG

Post by KathrynG »

I met the Bonnie for the first time on Sunday so I calmy entered her kennel to say hello. She was a little unsure of me at first but after a few minutes of sniffing and sussing me out, she happily took some treats from me and her little tail started to wag and she seemed keen to get going.
On leaving her kennel she was anxious with the noise from the other dogs and grabbed at her leads, but once we were away from kennel grounds she was noticeably more relaxed. The grabbing stopped and she walked well with less pulling. The more we walked, the more I could she was enjoying herself.
Back at kennels, a little of the anxiety returned with her high pitched staffy whimper but with reassurance and cuddles while we sat in the paddock she soon calmed down again.
I can tell Bonnie loves to spend time with people and once back in her kennel she was very affectionate with me. She lay with her head on my lap and fell asleep, back legs stretched out and snoring! I didn't have the heart to wake her up so I sat with her a while.
Felt a little sad to leave her. She's a gorgeous little staffy who needs to build her confidence around other dogs. I look forward to spending more time with this sweet girl love4.gif
Julieh

Post by Julieh »

Bless her heart , onwards and upwards little one.
anne

Post by anne »

Bonnie is very stressed by kennel life and is always pleased to see me and have the chance to go out exploring. Leaving her kennel is stressful because she can see and hear the other dogs barking but she starts to relax away form the kennels. When she gets stressed she will grab the leads but will stop if you ask her and cuddles instead helps settle her nerves. She needs kind words and reassurance and she can then enjoy her walk and spend some time sniffing and exploring. On return I sat with her while she ate her food and then she flopped down on the cool tiles to chill and rest as it was rather warm today.
bonnie1DSCF7314.jpg
bonnie2DSCF7315.jpg
bonnie3DSCF7317.jpg
bonnie4DSCF7318.jpg
TheBexies

Post by TheBexies »

Bonnie is definitely a gorgeous girl, which is emphasised by her brindle coat!
KathrynG

Post by KathrynG »

Gorgeous Bonnie is such a lovely girl but is clearly finding kennels stressful.
She welcomed me into her kennel with lots of excitable wiggling but as soon as we were outside her anxiety set in with the noise from surrounding dogs and she grabbed onto her leads. Although she settled a little once away from the grounds, she was worried as soon as we saw a dog ahead of us.
After some gentle persuasion we changed our direction and then she seemed a bit happier, although she didn't properly relax until we got into the safety of the paddock where she enjoyed lots of cuddles. Not overly keen on playing with ball, she was happy to mooch about and have a sniff and a bit of a chill out.
20200803_181208.jpg
20200803_181002.jpg
Bonnie seeks lots of reassurance and loves the attention from people. I stayed a while in her kennel with her again as she gave me a 'please don't leave me' look. Hopefully she will settle soon and start to relax and enjoy her walks. love4.gif

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”