Pooch Staffie x DofB July 14 Hanworth

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Pooch Staffie x DofB July 14 Hanworth

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
pooch1DSCF6741a.jpg
Pooch's Story: Pooch has been living with a family with young child and one on the way. He was on the doorstep with the clapping for the cares and got scared with a firework and ran up the stairs of the block. When the owner went to get him down he wouldn't come so the owner pulled him and he caught his hand and the owner decided he could have him around children anymore and tried vets to put him to sleep but the vets asked us to help. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Pooch is neutered, chipped, and needs vaccinations to progress. Pooch was in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
pooch2DSCF6722.jpg
pooch3DSCF6738.jpg
pooch4DSCF6694a.jpg
pooch5DSCF6691a.jpg
pooch6DSCF6731.jpg
Pooch's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: Lynne is there anyway you can squeeze a 6 year old Staffie x male in as an emergency?

Pooch comes into us on the 28th June 2020
Pouch.jpg
JamesShears

Re: Pooch Staffie x DofB July 14 Gatwick Kenns

Post by JamesShears »

Pooch came in today and was really friendly straight away. He came for a play in the paddock and absolutely loved it.

Very friendly and didn't seem bothered when walking past the other kennels. I don't think it will take long for this lovely boy to find his new home :)

20200628_163559-01.jpeg

20200628_163625-01.jpeg

IMG-20200628-WA0009-01.jpeg

IMG-20200628-WA0006-01.jpeg

IMG-20200628-WA0008-01.jpeg
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

What a gorgeous boy! Can't wait to meet you thumbs.gif
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
heleny

Post by heleny »

I met Pooch today in the kennel grounds while he was being walked by another walker. What a lovely, friendly boy! How confusing for him to find himself in kennel care. Fingers crossed that he finds a home soon where he will not be put in the position of being scared by fireworks. Your day will come lovely fella. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
anne

Post by anne »

Pooch is fabulous. Hilbre and I went to meet him yesterday and first we went to the paddock for a play. Hooch is super friendly and loved playing with Hilbre who then took him for a stroll around the grounds meeting and greeting new friends.
pooch7DSCF6707.jpg
pooch8DSCF6716.jpg
pooch9DSCF6734.jpg
Hilbs

Post by Hilbs »

I so enjoyed meeting this beautiful, very affectionate boy on Monday and playing in the paddock with him. He seems to be a really gentle soul who has been trained to sit, wait and is very good at bringing his toy back and dropping it at your feet for more throws. He just wants to be around people and wasn't keen on going back into his kennel. He doesn't pull on the lead and just enjoyed taking in all the new sights and sounds of his hopefully very temporary home.
mandyandmike

Post by mandyandmike »

Ooh what a stunning boy and he looks super friendly too. love4.gif
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

What a beautiful boy 😀😀😀
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

Pooch is a lovely, friendly boy. He welcomed me in to his kennel like a long lost friend. Took a while to get his harness on - he was all wriggly and sooooo happy to be going out for a walk. We had a lovely walk - his tail was wagging, he strikes me as a really happy go lucky boy. Pooch loves playing fetch - he’ll even return the ball!!! I found Pooch to be an absolute delight. Xx
764AE9EC-B5A1-40C4-8B35-6A67A58AF05F.jpeg
197B7C90-B573-43F1-8FFB-8C9C59DBDC56.jpeg
chloe_stockwell

Post by chloe_stockwell »

Love love love this boy!! He stole my heart ❤

With new dogs I always approach slowly, but he was having none of it, getting straight in for cuddles and fuss when I came into his kennel, and licking my face while I was putting on his harness!

He wasn't at all bothered by the other dogs when coming out the kennels, and was just keen to get going on his walk 😊

We came across 1 off lead dog and 2 on lead when out, and honestly couldn't not fault him, he was fabulous!

I cannot express how much of a lovely boy Pooch is, I could have taken him home right there and then if my circumstances permitted!

He broke my heart a little when we got back to kennels as he was not keen on going back in, but we didn't rush and I didn't pull him in, just a little wait for him to get the courage. He came from a home environment so I can totally understand, it was just so sad to see 😭

Lovely beautiful boy, he won't be here long i am sure!
20200704_152115_opt.jpg
20200704_152240_opt.jpg

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”