Teddy Cockerpoo DofB 02.12.18 Epsom

Rescue Remedies dogs that have found their forever homes
SarahMc

Re: Teddy Cockerpoo DofB 02.12.18 Gatwick Kenns

Post by SarahMc »

Teddy was keen to get out on a walk this morning. We went to the paddock for a quick game of ball before walking round the woods.
Upon returning to Teddy’s kennel he was not happy with me taking the lead off, and for the first time I saw a different side of him. This really reiterates that he isn’t the cute lap dog like other cockapoos. I left Teddy with my lead on him as I didn’t want to cause him any stress.
heleny

Post by heleny »

Teddy was sitting quietly near his pen door, looking quite subdued, when I went to get him for his walk. This soon changed when I opened the pen door - we clipped his lead on and left the main block very rapidly. We had a great walk - it was very windy and today we decided to go out with walker Chris and amazingly calm dog Hooch. Both dogs seemed very happy in each other's company. At one point we went into the stream where Teddy enjoyed himself splashing around. Once back at the kennels we went into the paddock and Teddy had a great time retrieving a tennis ball, burning up some energy. I reluctantly put him back in his pen as I had more dogs to walk. Teddy is a great dog - he will need his owner to understand the issues he has but I am sure that, with patience, time and understanding, these issues will be managed. He is quite wasted in kennel care and needs his own home. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
Elaine.scott1

Post by Elaine.scott1 »

I walked Teddy for the first time yesterday, he was very excited to be going out for a walk, I took Teddy to the stream as I have read that he loves water. Teddy had a great time in the stream, chasing leaves, running up and down, he is definitely a water dog. Teddy has got a lot of energy, he would benefit from a quite home that can take him out for lots of activities bravo1.gif
heleny

Post by heleny »

Teddy and I had two great walks yesterday - the second a shorter one as this wonderful dog would much prefer to not soil his pen. He was my first walk of the day and was so pleased to get out and into the woods. The greeting he gives you is incredible. He is calming down on walks and really enjoys splash time in the river. We saw some young deer which got Teddy a bit excited but he is always easy to move on. Life in kennels must be hard for Teddy as he is a young dog with so much energy. True, although he looks a cuddle monster, he isn't one really but he does love some cuddles and his sleep issues could be managed. I just enjoy any time I spend with him as he has so much to offer. :crossfingers.gif: Heart fill with love.gif] :crossfingers.gif:
jan&nick

Post by jan&nick »

teddy is such a playful dog and he still has a puppy mindset - firstly he is beside himself with excitement just to be going out and really happy if its someone he knows clipping his leads on and once out hes happy to walk with another dog it was tigga on sunday who he knows well and like benji he prefers a calmer dog (non barky) to share his walk with -teddy is a very "busy" dog why walk in a straight line when you can zig zag all over the place he mostly treats any other dogs we see well maybe an occasional bark hes certainly not keen on horses and a tight hold is needed if one appears down to the stream where both dogs were double keen to get in for a paddle- teddy loves the water and enjoys several "runs" up and down the stream on extender lead hes also v good at pulling you up the bank afterwards and after a few shakes hes ready for the walk back to kennels a few cuddles and treats outside yes hes not a lovey dovey dog nuzzling up to you and rolling all over you like benji does but he does like attention (and treats)- teddy lives a little bit on his nerves but will be a great dog to the right person/family who can work out his quirks and handle them and then take time to slowly understand his needs - he has a lot to give back to the right owner/s
IMG_0870.JPG
heleny

Post by heleny »

What an absolutely lovely picture of Teddy! He and I had our usual two walks today. The first walk was my first of a long day's walking and we stayed out for about an hour. Teddy really does not like to soil his pen and so I always try to take him out first. He greets me like his long lost friend, the lead goes on and we are off. Every squirrel or pigeon is a reason for Teddy to get excited but he is soon moved on because Teddy likes to move fast. I so enjoy my walks with him - he is such good company. One of my last walks of the day is Teddy again - for the same reason - he doesn't want to soil his pen and this walk is always slightly more relaxed as Teddy takes his time to sniff and munch some grass. He does need an owner who appreciates the fact that he needs time and patience to settle and to move on from his issues but he will reward that owner with so much fun, love and affection. I just can't wait for him to find his own home. Heart fill with love.gif] :crossfingers.gif: Heart fill with love.gif] :crossfingers.gif:
SarahMc

Post by SarahMc »

As usual Teddy was keen to get out on a walk. We went down to the stream and around the woods.
We were met by two off lead dogs and Teddy was fine.
https://vimeo.com/452806326
Attachments
92E1820D-6687-460D-AF4E-8C933D34AB2F.jpeg
heleny

Post by heleny »

Teddy and I shared our usual two walks yesterday - one first thing and one just before I left after a long day's walking. He is such great company. The sun was shining and so our first stop was the river where Teddy spent some time splashing about and then we did the usual circuit. He was energetic and great fun, usually walking ahead of me but sometimes coming back for a treat or two. We didn't meet anyone on either walk which was quite unusual but Teddy and I were happy in each other's company. Great little dog. Heart fill with love.gif] :crossfingers.gif: Heart fill with love.gif] :crossfingers.gif:
Chrissy M

Post by Chrissy M »

My first walk with Teddy today and what treat !

Teddy was such a joy to walk, really excited but so small and light on the lead you hardly know he's on the end of it !

We went out for around an hour, round the village and it made me so happy to see him so joyful, spudding aroud all over the place ! k2727.gif

Come on.....fill out that form people !
Rolly Pollies on the green
Rolly Pollies on the green
jan&nick

Post by jan&nick »

we tried teddy with benji twice last week (once with marvin joining in) and it proved a v good combination both dogs settling with each other v well and walking nicely and as usual teddy loved the stream both dogs love a long walk and its v hard to tire either dog out - always a pleasure taking teddy out
IMG_1128.JPG
IMG_1167.JPG

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”