Nero Patterdale DofB 16.11.05 - 16th April 23

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
Dani

Re: Nero Patterdale DofB 16.11.05 Dormansland Temp Foster

Post by Dani »

Times like this I wish I could help ,really hope Nero doesn't spend a night in kennels and is into a lovely retirement home asap .
Lots of love to Nero ❤️ :crossfingers.gif:
heleny

Post by heleny »

People's posts are never too long about this fantastic breed of dog - it is great to have an insight into these dogs through the eyes of an experienced owner. It is heart warming to read of people who are so kind, loving, and giving to our dogs which they have rescued from RR and to dogs in general.
Last edited by heleny on Tue 05 May 2020 16:54, edited 1 time in total.
sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

We fostered an elderly dog Harvey for RR a few years ago ...he had always been an only dog and lived with his owner for all of his life ..he was about 13 ...he fitted in with my 4 dogs with no problem. ..these older dogs do usually adapt to another home quite quickly as long as they are given space and time ...and heleny i couldnt agree more that everyone is grateful this boy isn't in kennels Kiss of love.gif
Charlie

Post by Charlie »

How could anyone resist that frosty face?!? love4.gif Nero was happy to be lifted into the back of my car, he was a bit bewildered when we arrived home but explored the garden with great enthusiasm, the steps and different levels were no problem - his eyesight seems pretty good and, with a stumble here and there, his little legs carry him at quite a pace!
Nero (2).JPG
After a little while to settle, he slept soundly all night (and was fast asleep when I checked on him at 7am)
Nero bed (2).jpg
He loves his walks and happily walks parallel with our dogs but is not keen on them in the house, he is in a pen in the lounge at the moment to see how they settle but would much prefer free roam of the house and garden - he is such a sweet old man, not grumpy but a proper character! I hope his perfect retirement home is not far away...
sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

Thank you for taking him home ...the oldies are so special bighug.gif
Last edited by sweetpea on Sat 02 May 2020 13:49, edited 1 time in total.
MandaTK

Post by MandaTK »

Thank you so much Charlie. Nero has touched all our hearts xxxxxx love4.gif
heleny

Post by heleny »

So happy to see Nero in the reserved section. Thank you Charlie for fostering him this weekend. Dear little chap, now surrounded by love and care. Heart fill with love.gif]
sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

Everything crossed for you dear boy :crossfingers.gif: Kiss of love.gif
SueLewin&Sirius

Post by SueLewin&Sirius »

OMG OMG, what a fantastic find. Not only has Nero been able to spend the weekend with a foster carers and some other dogs, but his name appears to now be on the reserved for adoption list. Thank you SO much for having him for the weekend and giving the little fellow a bit of respite and peace. If there is someone out there who wants to give Nero the life he deserves, then my prayers for him have been answered. This news will lift all of our hearts. Yesterday I was reduced to tears of sorrow for Nero and now, there are tears of joy and gratitude all over Siri, Louie and me. Faith steps in.
❤️🐺🐺❤️
MandaTK

Post by MandaTK »

Good Luck gorgeous xxx hopefully your amazing home is around the corner xxxxx

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”