Delta Presa Canario x Shar Pei DofB 06.17 West Malling

Dogs that have found their forever home
Jude&Alf

Re: Delta Presa Canario x Shar Pei DofB 06.17 Hartley Kent Foster

Post by Jude&Alf »

Delta continues to be the best company ever love4.gif love4.gif
I'm not sure if it's lockdown or Delta but something is making me very lazy, it was 8.45am when we dragged ourselves out of bed this morning!! woo.gif]
We have a great routine going and even though we were a little bit later than normal this morning its generally the same thumbs.gif
First I have to encourage Delta out of bed!
IMG_1270.JPG
Ok, I'm coming!
Ok, I'm coming!
Then she'll stop and lay down on the landing for 5 mins and enjoy the early morning sunshine!
Give me a minute!
Give me a minute!
Then she makes it to the top of the stairs, by this point I'm in the kitchen putting the kettle on for a cup of tea and Delta's breakfast.
Ooh is that my breakfast!
Ooh is that my breakfast!
IMG_1267.JPG
Breakfast eaten, Delta heads into the garden for some more of what she loves most, relaxing
I'm just having a little rest!
I'm just having a little rest!
Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf »

So I'm going to admit it, I do spoil Delta a little bit!!
I've bought her some fabulous toys and balls, but she's really not shown an awful lot of interest.
Out on our walk a couple of days ago she found a manky old tennis ball and carried it all the way home, once I'd cleaned it with boiling water she proceeded to carry her prize around all day and finally settled with it next to her!! Delta is definitely not a high maintenance kind of girl thumbs.gif
IMG_1294.JPG
Julieh

Post by Julieh »

Oh bless her 💕such a beautiful girl
Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf »

My brother popped around earlier on today. It's only the second time we have seen him during lockdown, so only the second time Delta has met him. We are still being very careful and following the 2 metre rule, Delta not so much, she literally loves everyone and everything love4.gif love4.gif
I'll just rest my head here.
I'll just rest my head here.
Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf »

Delta's face when I told her it was raining outside, she's really not a fan and so does love the sunshine ☀️
Not impressed!
Not impressed!
Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf »

I know I'm well overdue an update on darling Delta, I promise to do in the next few days thumbs.gif
In the meantime I couldn't resist posting these fabulous photos. I don't know how she gets on and off this chair, but her cuteness is just too much Kiss of love.gif
Too cute
Too cute
Too beautiful
Too beautiful
Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf »

Could she be more gorgeous?! I don't think so love4.gif love4.gif
Who wouldn't want to wake up to this face
Who wouldn't want to wake up to this face
Gorgeous
Gorgeous
Looking good
Looking good
Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf »

Delta continues to be the most fabulous company love4.gif
I cannot believe she has been with us for 12 weeks, it's so true, time really does fly when you are having fun thumbs.gif

From the moment Delta arrived all those weeks ago we knew what a special girl she was. She made herself right at home and we were all amazed at how quickly she settled, in saying that though she has definitely continued to settle a little bit more with each passing week and has gradually revealed more and more of herself, every bit of her is just amazing 😉 I guess it's the same with any dog, given time to settle they really do flourish and Delta is no exception.

Delta is an open and honest girl, out and about she is great, keen to make friends with everyone and everything. It's really nice to see people's reaction to her, we met 3 young lads out on their bikes yesterday and she enjoyed a fuss from all of them. It's the same with dogs, I've not heard a hint of a grumble when meeting dogs of all shapes and sizes. She has met an Irish Wolfhound with huge respect, 2 little Frenchies nice and gently and had a blast with the most lovely Labrador.

One day last week I could not have been prouder, we came across an off lead dog on one of the walkways, unfortunately the dog took a dislike to Delta and started barking at her, this should have been the point where the owner put his dog on lead! But no and it escalated to where the dog began to growl and snap at Delta's face. Bless her, Delta just backed off, definitely not interested in a row, she was more than happy to step back and put her trust in me to sort it all out, which of course I did. With our heads held high we both walked calmly on, Delta looking at me as if to say, what was all that about!! Good girl 😊

I think once you have taken the time to build trust with Delta and respect, well then this darling girl will give you everything. I've never known a dog as loving as her, she really does have the biggest heart ❤️

I never feel like my write ups do Delta justice, I have so much more to say but for now enjoy some photos and I will update again soon.
Enjoying her walk
Enjoying her walk
Relaxing in the garden
Relaxing in the garden
This was the closest Delta got to the paddling pool!
This was the closest Delta got to the paddling pool!
Got it!
Got it!
Taking a break in the shade
Taking a break in the shade
Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf »

Just one more. Delta likes to get close, this is her snoozing on my lap Kiss of love.gif
Snuggly girl
Snuggly girl
Lutey

Post by Lutey »

Pooh,Delta, you are gorgeous.

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”