Delta Presa Canario x Shar Pei DofB 06.17 West Malling

Dogs that have found their forever home
coffeepot12

Re: Delta Presa Canario x Shar Pei DofB 06.17 Gatwick Kenns

Post by coffeepot12 »

We hit the jackpot this weekend when we got to spend time with Delta, Lynne suggested her and we are so pleased she did. Delta is a big girl who is full of fun. When we first got her home, with free run of the place she charged about a bit getting used to the space. Given her size its good to give her a bit of room to do this as its a big difference to being in the kennel.

Although she is a big dog, Delta is very gentle, she sits to take treats carefully from you and will lie down when asked. She loves people, and even when there is not much space on the sofa she will make sure she can squeeze in or lie across you all, as long as she is there she is not bothered.

Delta walks well on the lead, she is strong but meets other dogs well and is happy to go at the walkers pace. She enjoys sniffing around and was happy to walk through lots of puddles and mud. She has a gentle temperament that makes her a joy to be around.
delta-2 resize.jpg
I have two girls, 8 and 10 and she was very good with them, enjoyed sitting next to them, playing with them and having a cuddle. We kept the energy low so that she didn't run around too much and get too excited as she can get a bit clumsy when that happens and due to her size bump in to things.

She really is a delight to be around, calm, friendly and a dog who loves the company of humans. A couple of times when I was lying on floor she wedged herself right in and fell quickly asleep totally content.One of the girls even complained she was snoring too loudly and she couldn't get to sleep 0002.gif] She was obviously happy.
delta-4 resize.jpg
We really didn't want to give her back, please do consider giving her a space on your sofa you won't regret it.
delta-1 resize.jpg
delta-3 resize.jpg
Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf »

Amazing update.
Thank you so much for showing how great Delta will be in a home, I just knew she would be and it sounds like you had the best time with her, such an amazing girl love4.gif love4.gif
To meet Delta is to fall in love with her Kiss of love.gif
Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf »

Enjoyed another fab walk with Delta yesterday love4.gif
She really is just the best fun and makes me smile loads thumbs.gif
Delta absolutely loves an adventure and at the moment I reckon the best part of her day are her walks, but I'm going to say, judging from her weekend in foster that she would be as happy chilling out, on a sofa with her loved ones, I cannot stop looking at that photo of her curled up snoozing, so lovely love4.gif
Delta walks so beautifully, meeting everyone and everything with a big old smile on her face. We came across a horse and rider yesterday, galloping towards us, we just managed to get out the way! Her face was a picture, she just kept looking at me and then at the back end of the horse disappearing into the distance, I don't know who was more shocked 😳 Me or Delta! Such a good girl, not a peep and we continued on our walk thumbs.gif
Delta is such a delight and on her return to kennels her neighbours, although a bit shouty seemed pleased to see her Kiss of love.gif
Sparkiegaz

Post by Sparkiegaz »

Looks like a loverly girl hope she finds a forever sofa soon positivo1.gif
anne

Post by anne »

Delta was delighted to have a canine walking companion this morning and we all had a lovely relaxed walk in the Spring sunshine.
delta1DSCF3429.jpg
delta2DSCF3435.jpg
busterdelta1DSCF3423.jpg
busterdelta2DSCF3432.jpg
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Delta stepped out with Buster again today - Anne led the way with Buster and showed me a new walk, I’ve only been walking 8 years !!! It was lovely to find a new field to walk through !
Delta showed me her happy roll - as you can see she was a bit of a mucky pup when she’d finished !!!
3B5CDB56-4D2E-4DCB-867C-4D9FB8A2B3CB.jpeg
Walking with Buster, stride by stride !
6C76D2B6-126E-4383-9B0B-D69BEB780864.jpeg
Kiss of love.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
StefanG

Post by StefanG »

Delta2.jpg
Took this gorgeous girl out for a walk again yesterday. Lovely gentle walk, with plenty of sniffing and the occasional roll in the mud as is her way! Loves her treats and fuss thumbs.gif
Attachments
Delta1.jpg
NinaMalina

Post by NinaMalina »

I walked Delta for the first time today.

OMG I'm TOTALLY in love with this girl! She is such a charmer!

She walks beautifully on the lead, but when she finds something interesting to sniff, off she goes to investigate and doesn't give you much chance to object 😂

She knows 'sit' and 'down' and is very treat focused which is great for ongoing training 😊

Go girl! Hope you find your forever home very very soon!
Delta.jpg
Delta 1.jpg
Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf »

Well lucky me, Delta has come home with me for a little foster break and I can confirm she is amazing love4.gif
She travelled perfectly in the car, in fact she lay down and went to sleep 😴
We stopped on the way home to stock up on food and she wowed everyone in pets at home, plodding around the store eyeing up all the delicious treats, such a great girl.
Back home she thoroughly investigated everywhere, as previously mentioned she can get excited and did some full on zoomies in the garden :dog_running-186.gif: but she's very aware of the people around her so no problem.
Delta does enjoy her food and ate her dinner with gusto, then we enjoyed a lovely stroll out and since then, well she's been snoozing, on the sofa, on the beanbag and then finally my bed! She slept from 10pm through to 7am without a peep, except for her fabulous snoring!!
Will try to post some photos but right now I have Delta lying across me and can't move in case I wake her up!!
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

woo.gif] thumbs.gif love4.gif thumbs.gif woo.gif]
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”