Skyla Crossbreed DofB ?2010/12 Godalming

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Skyla Crossbreed DofB ?2010/12 Godalming

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
skyla1DSCF0790a.jpg
Skyla's Story: Skyla had been living with 2 older dogs, one was a Rottie. One of the owners reported to have mental health issues. Skyla went for one of the other dogs no damage but had to go. We agreed to take her in, to find she had a urine infection which was adding to the intense stress within the pack. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving her life. Skyla is now neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Skyla was in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting her new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
skyla6DSCF0803a.jpg
skyla1DSC08942.jpg
skyla2DSC08953.jpg
Skyla's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: Emergency call to offer a life line to Skyla from Clair

Skyla came into our care on the 22nd October
anne

Re: Skyla Crossbreed DofB TBAss Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

Skyla was welcoming and friendly when I went to meet her in her kennel. She was a tiny bit nervous but so wanted to make friends and accept attention. No problem getting out, she observed but did not bark at other dogs. Skyla was a bit skittish on the lead, sudden movements or loud noises worried her. The first time we passed the cement mixer which was working she was quite frightened but the second time we passed she just glanced and then carried on. In the short time I spent with her this morning she relaxed and settled a lot. She then was happy to meet Natalie and was a pro posing for her photos. She is a very pretty girl with lovely soft eyes.
skyla8DSCF0823.jpg
skyla1DSCF0800.jpg
skyla3DSCF0845a.jpg
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Totes GORGEOUS love4.gif
DSC08942.JPG
DSC08950.JPG
DSC08953.JPG
DSC08955.JPG
Heart fill with love.gif]
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

DSC08951.JPG
DSC08956.JPG
DSC08957.JPG
Kiss of love.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

I got to walk Skyla yesterday. She was a bit nervous of me in the kennel when harnessing her, but I was faffing about. She is a lovely easy walk. Out of the kennel all nerves were gone and I got kisses and had some lovely cuddles with her. Utterly charming lady. love4.gif
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
anne

Post by anne »

Skyla is a lovely girl with a wonderful, calm temperament. She walked with Louise yesterday accompanied by me and Tiggie. While Tiggie wanted to make friends, Skyla without any fuss, indicated she wanted some space and once reassured that she would be respected, she walked happily behind Tiggie. Such a sweetheart. love4.gif
skylaDSCF1126a.jpg
EmmaNicole

Post by EmmaNicole »

I got to meet Skyla today and got a lovely welcome into her kennel. She was slightly nervous but a piece of sausage later and we were clipped on and ready to go. Exiting her kennel she was a good girl, no reacting to the other dogs. Once out Skyla was a perfect lady walking very politely on her lead and having a good sniff. A couple of times Skyla got a bit nervous but bless her she just comes in close and leans in for reassurance which i was very happy to give. Skyla is a lovely gentle soul who will make an amazing addition to a home.
ElayneN

Post by ElayneN »

What a little sweetheart this girl is love4.gif She was excited when I went into her kennel but waited patiently while I attached her leads. She'd been neutered just a week earlier so we went for a calm walk to the village rather than through the very water logged woods, to keep her stitches dry. She had a lot of energy and walked at a good pace, and clearly would have loved a good run and play. Next time Skyla :smiley-chores002.gif:

She was very attentive whenever I spoke to her, would look round to check in. She did seem slightly nervous of surprises, such as particularly noisy passing cars, but overall she seemed quite confident. We passed a Great Dane that wanted to come and play, and bless her she hid behind me a bit overwhelmed, but to be fair he was very, very big and young and bouncy!

This lovely girl is very affectionate and engaged, every time I stopped to stroke her, she was so happy, very keen for a cuddle and affection. She'll be a wonderful addition to her forever family Kiss of love.gif
EmmaNicole

Post by EmmaNicole »

I took the very eager Skyla out for a lovely walk today. Skyla is a sweet and gentle soul who loves humans and doesn’t seem phased by dogs at all. Skyla welcomed me into her kennel with loads of enthusiasm as she knew she was going for walk. Poor Skyla is finding kennels rather stressful but the moment she is out on her walk she transforms and just wants cuddles and to give you kisses and to have a lovely long walk. Skyla is a very pretty, affectionate girl who only has one wish, a home to call her own. Could it be yours?
Tina McHale

Post by Tina McHale »

80030553_500040287299378_688063342891237376_n.jpg
Had a lovely walk with Skyla today. She was very happy to see me and enjoyed a leisurely stroll just sniffing and looking around. She stopped and wanted a cuddle - which was lovely. She is such a beautiful girl who really wants her forever home.

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”