Ronnie Staffie DofB 09.2017 Worthing

Dogs that have found their forever home
anne

Re: Ronnie Staffie DofB 09.2017 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

Ronnie and I have got to know each other well. We have a routine which suits Ronnie and consequently he is much happier and more confident on his walks. As soon as we exit his kennel, Ronnie looks for a fresh patch of grass for a good old munch. Once he has stocked up on his greens, he is off exploring the woods. Having completed his circuit of the kennel grounds woods we head out further afield to explore. I take everything at Ronnie's pace and let him explore where he wants if it is safe to do so. Someone had dumped piles of garden waste on the verge yesterday and initially Ronnie was rather wary of this but he stopped and slowly curiosity got the better of him and he bravely went up to sniff and even had a little dig in the pile of grass clippings.
Ronnie is a delight when free to run in the paddock. He likes to have a potter around, checking out the smells maybe do some zoomies and then he loves to interact with you and learn some new tricks. He will sit and do a spin for a treat and we are working on sit and wait while I take a few paces away from him and then call him. We are getting there.
ronnie1DSCF4400a.jpg
ronnie2DSCF4402.jpg
ronnie3DSCF4404a.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

Ronnie and I had a very happy walk this morning. The sun was shining, the birds were singing and Ronnie was a very happy chappy, up for fun and adventure. We took a stroll around to the stream. Ronnie was keen to go for a dip but not so sure once he had got his feet wet! 0002.gif] We moved on and Ronnie was happily exploring with his nose as we went. He had a jaunty spring in his step today.
ronnieDSCF4541.jpg
Look at those little flappy ears- adorable!
renatatlek

Post by renatatlek »

Ronnie is such a cute dog! This weekend for the first time with us he went for a longer walk / run and loved it. A bit of convincing at the beginning with some treats, but once we set off he really enjoyed it, found lots of great spots to roll in :-). [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYZGE42N3JM[/youtube]
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sygnRlj9RBc[/youtube]
Renata&Norbert
anne

Re: Ronnie Staffie DofB 2017 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

Ronnie and I have developed quite a bond and he seems happy to go exploring now without any worries. He is so happy and excited when he knows we are going out for a walk. I love this little guy, he just needs time and patience to build a friendship with you but when he trusts you, it is so worth it.
ronnieDSCF5027.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

Ronnie and I had a lovely long walk this morning. He was full of energy and enthusiasm. I risked a visit to the stream as Ronnie tends to have a little paddle, then go in a bit too deep and scare himself, and then proceed to do zoomies. 0002.gif] I thought he was going to be sensible this morning but at the last minute he lost his footing, went in deep and shot out like a scalded cat and yes, zoomies followed! Other than that he was perfectly behaved, politely stepping out of the way to let other people pass. We went to enjoy some off lead paddock time when we got back and after a mooch around, Ronnie decided more zoomies were in order. This boy can travel very, very fast when he wants to!
this is Ronnie's concentrating face when he is waiting for a treat
this is Ronnie's concentrating face when he is waiting for a treat
ronnie2DSCF5276a.jpg
ronnie3DSCF5277a.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

Another long walk with Ronnie this morning and the best ever! Ronnie was very relaxed today and took his time eat loads of grass and to sniff everything. We had two visits to the stream where Ronnie enjoyed a lovely paddle and drink (no zoomies thumbs.gif ) Ronnie also threw himself onto the ground several times for a roll. Sometimes for the joy of rolling, sometimes because he found something smelly. :smiley-rolleyes010.gif: We passed many people, horses, bikes, dogs. Ronnie took all this in his stride. He did however think the temporary road signs the gas people had put out were rather scary and he sensibly gave them all a wide birth. He was also not sure about a childs buggy when we passed a Mum and her toddler. He decided to give that a wide birth too.
ronnie1DSCF5286.jpg
ronnie2DSCF5287.jpg
ronnie3DSCF5288.jpg
ronnie4DSCF5290.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

It was a special day for little Ronnie today. Sue and Colin came to meet him and he came out of his kennel as cool as a cucumber, sauntered over to meet Sue and Colin, gave them a good sniffing over and was happy to trot off for a walk. He was so relaxed I was able to hand the leads to Sue after just a few minutes and Ronnie was as good as gold, showing how he walks nicely on the lead, passes other dogs politely and well, just how wonderful he is. We then went to the paddock and he mooched, accepted fuss and cuddles from both Sue and Colin and then showed them his best zoomies. When I asked them if Ronnie was the dog for them, it was a unanimous YES from them both with big smiles and Ronnie thought the arrangement suited him just fine.
I have to confess that in all the excitement I forgot to take his homing photo. Sorry Ronnie, huge apologies.
Ronnie has gone to live by the sea so I look forward to hearing about his adventures with his new family.
xxlynne

Re: Ronnie Staffie DofB 09.2017 Worthing

Post by xxlynne »

It was wonderful to arrive on site and be told Ronnie had left the building! Such wonderful moment joy fills my heart as it does for all those who have got to know Ronnie and see him grow in confidence over the months he has stayed as our friend.
sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

Wonderful news :smiley-bounce016.gi: thumbs.gif woo.gif]
MrsP

Post by MrsP »

Sue and Colin sent a big Thankyou and said Ronnie is doing amazingly so far.....
20200515_180927_resized.jpg

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”