Barney Large Crossbreed DofB 23.08.18 Chippenham Wilts

Dogs that have found their forever home
Sarahk

Re: Barney Large Crossbreed DofB 23.08.18 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Sarahk »

Lovely walk with Barney just before it got dark thumbs.gif
87D1A254-2DD8-4477-95F8-50585FB592F7.jpeg
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Rose

Post by Rose »

What a beautiful boy. I'm in love.
April111

Post by April111 »

Update long over due:

I regularly walk Barney each week and he is one of my easiest walks. The hardest part is getting him out of the kennels, he’s very excited coupled with not happy with all the neighbour dogs barking at him.
He has come along way from the big child with no understanding of why he was in kennels.
Barney has probably stopped growing and just needs to fill out, but his mind is a sponge! He is very food orientated and I have used that to my full advantage when walking him. Barney is very good walking by your side or alittle ahead with regular look backs. He will sit at every road in exchange for a reward, not always food sometimes just a face squidge.
Smallfield can be very busy and so we’ve met people when out, Barney is happy to meet people and welcome them to his fan club. He’s had horses pass him and other dogs and he’ll take a look but doesn’t get up or make a noise, just sits until he can have his reward and get on his way.
Barney is very affectionate and one weekend when he had kennel cough, I was keen for him to get out of his kennel for some fresh air and peace so we went to the Poets Hut where we both sat on the cushioned bench and Barney had a snooze with his head on my shoulder.
Barney will need to be the only dog in the household but he is comfortable around other calm friendly dogs who do not confront him and just leave him be. Barney is very much still learning and so needs to be supported with a calm big dog savy person. In return you get all of Barney and that’s a very good deal!

Fingers crossed for you Big B, I’ll miss you but you deserve a special person or two all to yourself!
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

Lovely update April.

:crossfingers.gif: Barneyboy x
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
xxlynne

Re: Barney Large Crossbreed DofB 23.08.18 Chippenham Wilts

Post by xxlynne »

Janice and Gordon travelled today to meet the everso wonderful Barney

Barney is tonight settling into his new home and family! Thank you everyone
barney1DSCF3125.jpg
barney2DSCF3129.jpg
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

Just the best news for this boy, now he can enjoy the rest of his life
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
EmmaNicole

Post by EmmaNicole »

Yay well done barney. Be be happy and enjoy the best life 😘
Rose

Post by Rose »

Have to say, three hour journey home, just slept, such a gentleman.

Got home, had 30 mins of back scratches on the grass, couple of pees in the garden.

Walk to the Co-op for wine and beer, such a gentleman. Decided, he really needed a bath. Bath time, absolutely loved it. Loads of shaking and rubbing myself on the carpet.

Found his new bed straightaway, so calm hasn't made a sound yet, but thinks the beds, his bed!! Not messed in house yet and asks to go out, loves his new bone, had a nutty half hour in the garden, so not a problem. So so lovable, had a bath as a bit smelly. He really did enjoy it and he came and sat next to me for 10 mins, having a head rub, after I had done loads of back scratches on the stairs.

We are a bit quiet for Barney, ,but I think we are the right choice for him.

Love him loads.
Last edited by Rose on Fri 07 Feb 2020 23:07, edited 1 time in total.
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

So chuffed for Barney. He is such a loving boy now with his own foreverhome. love4.gif love4.gif love4.gif
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
Rose

Post by Rose »

Just thought we'd give u an update. Training going well but with the situation has been closed. Barney a lot less reactive and has calmed down so much. No zoomies in the house. But we have a secure run he goes to 3 times a week, to chase balls l. Had his DNA done for fun, which had interesting results. No dougue du Bordeaux those.

All in all it's going well. I love my morning cuddles.

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”