Apollo Patterdale DofB 10.10.18 Beccles Suffolk

Dogs that have found their forever home
MandaTK

Re: Apollo Patterdale DofB 10.10.18 Beccles Suffolk

Post by MandaTK »

Happy belated birthday and Gotcha Day Apollo. What a beautiful boy you are. Always loved taking you out! I am so happy that you are enjoying your life just as you should be. Big hugs to you and to Mum and Dad xxxxxx
Lacemaker

Post by Lacemaker »

It's was Apollo's birthday treat day yesterday - a session at Doggy Paddle Norwich - a dedicated swimming pool for dogs where owners can get in too. ***Check it out if you're up Norwich way*** What a great time we had; I don't know who had most fun - doggy or daddy. The water is so warm and Apollo, once he understood what was going on, was in his element - as you can see - trashed the toy and didn't want to get out.

It is so well run, such lovely people and so safe. Because of the way it is designed no incoming or outgoing dogs can see / meet each other but Apollo could hear the following dog up in the pool and how he howled because he just wanted to get back in! Oh and he came away with a very smart 'after swim' toweling coat. One happy, but tired Patty

We shall certainly be going back - very soon.

MandaTK

Post by MandaTK »

Wow what an amazing place. Apollo looked like he was having a ball - so did his "Dad"!!. Apollo you just are adorable as ever. xxxxxxxxxxxx
Chrissy M

Post by Chrissy M »

This looks great ! I would love a place like that to take the rescue dogs to for a splash ! 😁🐕
Lacemaker

Post by Lacemaker »

Apollo sends Christmas greetings to all at Rescue Remedies!
He had another great day, his third with us. It was the traditional morning Christmas walk across Dunwich Heath, which was incredibly quiet this year but also incredibly 'brisk'. That Patterdale nose scented out the red deer hiding in the undergrowth a hundred metres or more away - standing on his hind legs looking towards where they stood watching us.
Back home it was time to check the presents under the tree.
Christmas 21.jpg
Dinner, pressie opening and squeaking - his 'dad' bought him yet ANOTHER squeaky toy (a reindeer this time).
And then it was all too much and he adopted his usual half in half out of his bed ... 'on charge' ready to start again
Exhausted 21.jpg
Lacemaker

Post by Lacemaker »

First of all, Apollo, Graham and I want to say how good it is to have the forum back up and running. What wicked people there are out there but we send you all our love and support for what you do and do so well!!

We continue to be delighted by Apollo; what a gentle and happy soul he is. I have said before that he charms everyone he meets and loves everyone.

He also took us swimming again at Doggy Paddle, Norwich. Yet again he absolutely loved it, as did we. He just launches himself into the water from the entry ramp and it took a lot of persuasion to get him out. 0002.gif]
lips.jpg
Oh and I forgot - there are now 5 (!!) Patties in our village - one moved in and two puppies. Patterdale bliss! :dog_running-186.gif: :dog_running-186.gif: :dog_running-186.gif: :dog_running-186.gif: :dog_running-186.gif:
sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

Love the photo...what a clever boy ....lovely update :smiley-bounce016.gi:
Lacemaker

Post by Lacemaker »

Apollo asked that I put another video of him swimming 'cos he loves it so much
Lacemaker

Post by Lacemaker »

It's been a while and life has been more of the same - eat, sleep, walk, cuddle, mither - repeat. Not a bad life! Anyway, it's been a busy weekend and I thought it was a good time to update you.
Friday was a trip to Norwich for another swimming session at 'Doggy Paddle, Norwich'. I say it each time - check it out - it's brill.
I could not wait for the door to be opened and then I was off up the ramp.

Let me in 2.jpg

Anyway, I just love my swimming - and can even jump of the side now and splash mum and dad. Watch those little legs go .....

And I now do a great 'swimmer's turn' by pushing off the side with one paw.
Lacemaker

Post by Lacemaker »

Now today was a 'first'. Strutt your Mutt at Beanacre estate in aid of Hearing Dogs.
Strutt Your Mutt 2022 2.jpg
A 5 (or 2) mile walk through the estate's varied habitat, which is not normally open to the public. My predecessor did 6 times, I'm told, so it's a 'must' on the calendar. You get a great 'goody bag' at the end too and a rosette and then there's lots of stalls and 'stuff' to do. So many dogs!
Had my first attempt at agility but too many distractions to take it seriously. I got round though and it gave daddy a work out.

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”