Waiting patiently to walk through a gate ☺️
6A1FE9F2-ABD9-48E8-A134-127569DBBEE2.jpeg
Enjoying longer walks 🐕
We love walking our kennel dogs! If you'd like to volunteer too:
https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/forms/ ... tionnaire/
Jojo18

Re: Phoebe AmBulldog DofB 01.10.18 Guildford Kenns

Post by Jojo18 »

Phoebe is doing Amazing..Shes only just 12 months old and unfortunately cannot tell us what she knows or has seen of the world so far.
She has soft pink pads under her paws so we are all actively walking Phoebe on different surfaces to toughen up those pads.

Phoebes muscles are getting stronger and more coordinated everyday, we've been doing outdoor step climbing over the railway bridges this week... yes it's good for me too !
On the first day she face planted the steps as her legs did a 'bambi on ice' a couple of steps up !! but she happily came back for a reassuring face/ hand touch and we climbed up and over another four times to view the trains whizzing underneath us.

If Phoebe sees a train she now stops and watches it when her first instincts was to chase the train with me holding on and jogging behind !! :smiley-chores002.gif:

We've seen cows - Stop and watch,
barges on the river, cyclists and joggers and met a whole host of wildlife the swans were a confusing sight as they glided away.

Phoebe has very good instincts around other dogs and loved the pack walk this week which included little and large dogs, excited and shouty Phoebe happily followed behind scenting where they had just been, she watches and learns and calmly walks well within the pack.

She's has such a gentle calm nature to her around dogs she didn't mind one bit when an offlead Labrador flew over yesterday he had a good sniff all over and Phoebe was just disappointed he had to go and couldn't stay and play .

Bruno Staffie loves walking beside her I think he feels safe as she's his protector .
He stopped and kept looking back to make sure his new friend didn't drop to far behind and accompanied him all of the way Kiss of love.gif

Phoebe has worked so hard over the last couple of weeks, If she gets too excited and wants to grab leads and play we , Stop, Sit as she calmly listens and focuses and either has a treat or an ear touch and we are on our way .
We've been working on her impulsive excitement she's come such a long way in only a short time she's so eager to please and loves the back rubs or ear massage she frequently gets for being so well behaved.

She's a big beautiful young girl who has already shown such a loving and loyal personality and needs a home who can encourage and enrich her training further.
Jojo18

Post by Jojo18 »

rps20191024_231746_514.jpg
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

Lovely update Jojo, thanks to all of you at Guildford helping this adorable girl. love4.gif
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
nada.c

Post by nada.c »

I've been seeing Phoebe weekly on my day at kennels, and the progress she's making week to week is amazing! Jojo18 sees her throughout the week and has done really great work with her - including having her walk on different surfaces and in different places to build up her coordination, teaching Phoebe to target her hand so she knows when to follow Jo's lead, walking with kennel mates, and learning how to enter/exit kennels calmly. On Saturdays, MrsP works with Phoebe to increase her walking distances and to teach her calm behaviour when entering/exiting her kennel and when MrsP is pottering around her kennel. My work with her on Sundays has been mostly around other people joining us for walks, and helping her not get too excited when she sees a man (especially Terry!). My guess is that Phoebe has had a positive male influence in earlier in her life which brings out the very playful side of her, which can sometimes end up in lead grabbing and mouthiness. She responds much more quickly to 'stop' and 'sit' when she gets excited, and very happily waits for 'good girl' and treats. Phoebe's circle of walkers is also expanding as she continues to build her skills and confidence. Phoebe is a giant soft puppy who loves being around other people and walking with her kennel mates. It's so rewarding for us to see this beautiful girl grow.
Beccastj

Post by Beccastj »

The lovely Phoebe enjoyed her walk with volunteer Rachel and demonstrated her ability to sit nicely.
5707B54B-B576-4BC0-AB25-E1603BFBBDE2.jpeg
DB260FE1-1843-4BE6-BCBD-49BAC7E09209.jpeg

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
Rjackson

Post by Rjackson »

Phoebe has a beautiful nature and is a big baby learning new doggie skills all the time. She now walks on a loose lead and sits well for treats. She enjoys head rubs and ear strokes and playing find it helps her focus when walking.

Lovely girl is coming on really well ❤️❤️
nada.c

Post by nada.c »

Miss Phoebe is a joy to walk - she brings a big smile out with her every time and loves attention from her walkers. All of us have been using positive reinforcement to have her show us her best loose lead walking and when to stop and focus on us. The lovely thing is she seems to love ear massages and cuddles as much as little sausage treats! And she’ll lean right into you for those cuddles 🥰

Phoebe does need an owner experienced with large breeds and able to continue her training. The reward will be winning this girl’s big heart ❤️
She’s already won mine 🥰
Just watch how attentive Phoebe is to her new friend Rosie
Just watch how attentive Phoebe is to her new friend Rosie
CA227962-A173-49B8-8187-F352A42ACCE0.jpeg
nada.c

Post by nada.c »

Look at this beautiful face 🥰🥰🥰
57105393-D66F-4F47-AF93-720AF0E908F5.jpeg
Photo taken by volunteer Rosie ☺️
Rosiemae173

Post by Rosiemae173 »

5372F8B4-B7A6-422A-85D3-44E36F670CB3.jpeg
Miss phoebe has officially stolen my heart!! I will definitely be asking for her when I come to kennels now. She’s only young so does get tired quite quickly when she’s out walking, she does also occasionally need some encouragement.
F18C5696-26E4-42C9-A5F1-2C410108A60B.jpeg
On our walk yesterday she sat a few times and didn’t want to walk, so instead we stopped and had cuddles but shortly carried on our way. She’s so responsive when you talk to her, and she doesn’t have a bad bone in her! But she’s still a puppy and needs lots of love and attention.
Most importantly, I just wanted to share with you how beautiful this young lady is!
8FCDB544-C848-4DE6-8A41-A9594D49ACB6.jpeg

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”