Scooby Akita x DofB ?2017 Salfords

Dogs that have found their forever home
Stu

Re: Scooby Akita x DofB ?2017 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Stu »

I walked Scooby for the first time yesterday and what a smashing dog he is. He walks beautifully and took horses, cyclists and runners all in his stride showing interest but remaining calm and not pulling. He is affectionate and very well mannered.
kyechoy

Re: Scooby Akita x DofB ?2017 Guildford Kenns

Post by kyechoy »

Look at this smile and the ears! I had the pleasure of walking Scooby in the weekend and I’ve only got good things to say. He was great on his walk and loved pottering about and was great at passing dogs, people and cyclists. He also enjoyed lots of treats and cuddles and is great at the “sit” and “hand” commands. What’s not to love about him? Hurry and give him the home he deserves!!
Scooby.jpg
Lottie.xp

Post by Lottie.xp »

Took the lovely Scooby for a walk yesterday for the first time. Wow what a guy. So friendly. Easy to harness, he even helped by putting his head through. Off we went our on our walk. He loves to sniff everywhere, which was fine as I had time for a leisurely walk. He kept looking back to check I was still there. we walked on a loose lead too. He passed by people nicely, takes treats gently, and does a good sit. I can't wait to see this lovely boy again, but I hope his forever home will come very soon.
Unfortunately I am unable to post photos.
FranB

Post by FranB »

Such a nice walk with Scooby yesterday, he is lovely to harness and get ready and very good to walk. He was very interested in looking at the water but not so keen to go in. We passed an off lead dog without any problem, I just put my hand on his collar and he was very good. On the way back he darted into the grass and found the biggest greenest cow pat he could find and was rolling in it way before I could stop him so he had to have a wash when we got back. Lovely gentle dog. love4.gif
C87872F8-7E53-414D-849D-89E39B92766C.jpeg
FDCCED5B-BDC9-436C-ADB2-F91E29C12947.jpeg
76F00612-79CF-4D21-8278-E1B8FC13ADD5.jpeg
0C2CCEA1-1585-448A-AA97-323583EFDC3D.jpeg
F707E6EF-EFBC-42E4-B518-CFAE9225FDF7.jpeg
4A96AD8F-22B0-4EBC-868F-08EA86B1C44E.jpeg
LindaS

Post by LindaS »

Scooby literally puts his harness on for you; head in opening then sit down and look at you to do the clips up. We ended up walking alongside the busy road for a bit, through the park and ride and along the old train line to peasmarsh. Scooby was very considerate on the railway steps, loves to walk out front (but not pulling on the lead) and responds to his name well. Easy to walk and he will thrive in an active home as you can tell he loves to go out exploring
Scooby.jpg
Maika

Post by Maika »

Scoobey_6_opt.jpg
love4.gif love4.gif love4.gif Meet our lovely cuddly Akita boy Scooby! love4.gif love4.gif love4.gif
If you know your dog breeds please forget that very knowledge just for a minute; for those who are not very familiar with the breed (this includes me!) a quick search on the internet suggests an “aloof and stubborn breed”. So off I go to meet and walk Scooby for the first time ever, bracing myself for what I now think will clearly be a challenge at best and, worst case, a total disaster. :goodluck.gif: I very soon discover: the internet is lying. Either that or Scooby is a different dog who accidentally morphed into an Akita’s body. As I enter his kennel he couldn’t have been more welcoming and interested to see me even though we had never met before. Two big face licks later (placed on my face, not his! – my love for dogs does have some limits) we are off on our walkies. :smiley-chores002.gif: And my word, what a dream he is to walk! Just such a happy boy, very interested in his environment.
Scoobie_4_opt.jpg
Although I feel I should disclose that this includes a particular penchant for not-yet-dried-out cow pads to roll in if given the opportunity; if you managed to pull him away just in time he will just give it a quick whirl in the grass next to it. And this is literally as far as any perceived “stubbornness” will go with Scooby. As soon as you say his name he will check in with you, he knows “Sit” and probably a whole load more commands and he seems a super keen boy to learn (loves his treats, too, so this should make training and teaching him even easier!). Scooby is very gentle on the lead, doesn’t pull at all but given the opportunity he loves to run. OK, this is a down-right exaggeration – it’s me that is running while Scooby just walks a bit faster with a quick canter inbetween when he feels I can manage. I feel he could be really great at cani-cross or even just super happy coming along on a jog with you. We encountered quite a few dogs on our walk and no problem whatsoever, no lunging, barking or the like, a really good Boy just walking past. Oh, and our “pretend-Akita” absolutely loves a good cuddle and a belly scratch!
Scoobie_2_opt.jpg
Scoobie_3_opt.jpg
This boy has such tremendous skills I am truly amazed that Scooby has somehow slipped the net and has not yet been snapped up. If I could I would have him in a heartbeat!
Scoobie_5_opt.jpg
LindaS

Post by LindaS »

Scooby - such a well mannered boy, stand up hugs for when you enter his kennel and as always he put the harness on. It is quick out the kennels, but that is for the serious business (comfort break) and then it is a mooch of a walk, as he loves to smell and investigate. He's incredibly fluffy and very intelligent.
Scooby - doo. Not cookies, but sausages being focused on
Scooby - doo. Not cookies, but sausages being focused on
LindaS

Post by LindaS »

Another walk with Scooby and it was a sniff fest on Monday which meant lots of attention to detail. We were going so slowly RR Tizer and his walker had to overtake us (they probably left half an hour after us)..... Scooby then went awww let’s catch them up, so we had a little jog and he then happily followed Tizer. We carried on like this for the rest of the walk ie slow (sniff / smell) walk, then a little jog, then slow walk. Scooby was happy doing this as it meant Tizer could still be seen and Tizer didn’t seem to mind either. Scooby is such a calm easy dog love4.gif
LindaS

Post by LindaS »

Scooby is a cool dude, but he had me and a couple laughing on Tuesday - I asked him to sit, which he did, but it was slap bang in the middle of the thin path.... I then asked him to move the side 'Scobby come'. He looked at me and its the first time I've seen any hint of stubbornness, the face said it all 'you asked me to sit, I sit, then you ask me to move, well that is just stupid as these people are walking past and you told me to sit'. The couple saw the funny side and squeezed round him and Scooby just sat throughout, us laughing and once past, I told him was a good boy and off he trotted cool as mustard.

At the railway steps he was very connected, stopping before the full length of the lead and down the slope, again very gentle knowing you were walking behind. We walked alongside the river, we had joggers, walkers, a cyclist, a man strimming the grass and at all time Scooby was just such a easy boy, sitting when asked, moving to the side or just walking past - brilliant!
Scooby and one of his impeccable 'sits'
Scooby and one of his impeccable 'sits'
Just to show more of what was going on around Scooby, he only has eyes for the walker - good boy Scooby!
Just to show more of what was going on around Scooby, he only has eyes for the walker - good boy Scooby!
LindaS

Post by LindaS »

Scooby AKA The Prefect - he did two separate induction walks this week and showed the future walkers just how easy and lovely … and soft he is. Both times he did his nice considerate stroll along, sniffing and watering the grass as he went. No pulling, lovely slack lead all the time, walked past people and sat to the side for other dogs to pass. Handsome boy. love4.gif
Scooby and his sit and paw
Scooby and his sit and paw

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”